Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll compliment you bluesaki.
    [/b]
    THANKS LOL **ehug***
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/bluesaki/"]http://public.fotki.com/bluesaki/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll compliment you bluesaki.
    [/b]

That is real nice it made me smile....

anabwi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't go natural to become one with the earth, enlightened, spiritual, down with the sistah-hood etc. I did it because I got tired of spending 3 to 5 hours in a salon, spending my money only to have the style be limp as a wet potato chip the next day, dandruffy scalp, and dodging rain drops. Most importantly I didn't want to lose precious time needed to nurse my sick mother. Like someone else said, it's only hair, so I BC'd that day with every intent of going back to the fire, but just didn't.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is real nice it made me smile....[/b]
    :blush: We gotta support each other.

THANKS LOL **ehug***[/b]
    No prob. *hugs*
    [i]"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."[/i] - Bruce Lee

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally understand that there is a difference between just having natural hair and actually appreciating it. A lot of people are now wearing locs because they are in style. People are just accustomed to follow trends and not think on their own. I am currently transitioning because re.laxers are not good for you. They constantly burned my scalp regardless of any precautions I used and it burned my hairline. I am also going natural because this whole black "self-hatred" thing is getting old. So many other cultures embrace our culture but we are ashamed of it. White women will tan and get curly perms but black women will straighten their hair until it falls out. Whenever I talk to people abotu the dangers of perming they think I'm crazy. "If perms are so bad why do they still sell them?"...well cigarettes and alcohol are the WORST things to ever use but they still sell them...obviously corporate America could care less about our health...they just want profit. If that means millions of bald black women then they're cool with it. I just hope that more people realize that they do not need straight hair to be beautiful and that they can manage their natural hair. I lose hope sometimes...well at least I saw the light
    LAST evil chemical fire cream: March 17, 2006
    BC: NOVEMBER 19,2006
    Started Locs: June 28, 2008
    Cut off Locs: March 14, 2009
    http://b1.lilypie.com/73u9m4/.png
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4...giecomp.th.jpg

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to say that being natural for me was for the health of my hair. It had nothing to do with my spirituality or sisterhood. Perms are bad and like many people I just got tired of the madness. I have been natural for 3 years and I love it. My family has had to grow to love it. I still get ridiculed for having natural hair. My hair is in between nappy/nappy. Now that I've learned more about my hair and my own self-esteem, I don't think I will go back to perm. Also it is the choice of the individual. If you know you are going to look very tacky with a TWA , DONT DO IT!!!! It is whatever works for that person.
    Now I will say it leaves a bad taste in mouth to hear a person say they are natural but they are always weaved up or pressing their hair even after the transition BUT!!!!!! That is their descision.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm-

Interesting thoughts..... But as MamaC said to each their own
    [color=#000099][SIZE=2]With every passing day I grow more convinced that Our attitude determines everything about us. Life is simply 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. You have the power to choose your attitude. ~Elegance~[/color][/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Newbie In Awe

Quote Originally Posted by femmefiyah View Post
    It took me a while to realize this but all naturals are not the same. I was reading a post yesterday and a member referred to "super-naturals" which I can only assume means radical?????? But continuing to think on it.....I have to say that some people are natural....but I don't really think it has anything to do with how they actually think.

I know people who don't perm their hair but are just as ignorant as the day is long; <_< I guess I just expected more...expected that if you went natural you would be "in the know" or at least aware. *smh* So not the case. I guess what I'm saying is......a fro/curls/locs or braids doesn't really mean you have shed your shackles at all. We must be a fashion statement.

And for the record....I can't speak on what God intended but I'm loving my shaved head...but it isn't for the weak of heart,mind or spirit. :P
    well natural hair is beautiful...
    Palm Rolling... 125 locs... Nature's Protein Gelee

Naturals Salon & Spa... http://gotlocsva.com/

http://www.afropedea.org/pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12