you're still in the military?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the military and my service never did allow locks. It is not about race or ethnicity like a previous poster said. The military does not care. It sucks that some always have to see that as the reason for everything.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised they were allowed knowing how "conservative" the military is
    Id very upset about this if I was in that situation and they changed theirn minds :angry:
    Im still here and kicking...After a couple years of growing out my TWA. I cut it all off in February 2007.... It was inching down my neck..ha! Its been almost 6 months and I have a good 2+ inches again...avatar pic is from August 2007. Happily Nappy Ever After!

My album & My Space

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am seriously hoping this is a change to the local supp and not the AFI it self. i have been locked now for over a year.
    <div align="center">Blackluvdmom&#39;s album</div>
    <div align="center">My Blog</div>

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question ladies...could they have twist confused with locs? We&#39;ll from my own personal experience two months ago I was wearing twist and the same Chief Davis ( who is a black women) came up to me told me she LOVED my hair, but that it was unprofessional. Its was disappointing and of course I wanted to choke her out...LOL. And now that this is coming down, I have to admit that after a week, my twist look just like locs....so there is a thin line between twist and locs and if someone came up to me and called me out about my twists it would be warranted. They haven&#39;t actually said "TWISTS" aren&#39;t authorized though...they do make a point to say cornrolls, braids and microbraids can be worn.

And SoutherShorty, when I get back to work on Mon. I will PM you that reg.
    [/b]
    The why in the heck are they picking on locs?
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad I dropped out of NROTC my first year, that was in 2000. THere were a few Airforce ROTC members starting locs and one girl had locs to her bottom. I thought they were so beautiful and I was jealous because I thought I should have joined the Airforce ROTC instead of NROTC. I would like to know if it is OK for you to sport a short Afro? For those in the military, what is the most convenient way for you to wear you hair since they may confuse twists with locs? Just curious.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See post #10
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blondnaps....... Oh and must give you your props for being CMSgt, you go girl! I know that making rank ain&#39;t easy[/b]
    I wish we could make rank fast enough for Blondnaps to be an E-9, that might make me stay in.

And SoutherShorty, when I get back to work on Mon. I will PM you that reg.
    [/b]
    Thanks you so much!!!! I can&#39;t even correct anyone right now; they might actually be able to correct me on somethings I don&#39;t know about. Being an AF detachment on an Army post, we get left out of the loop sometimes it seems. Then again my co-workers who viewed the link the day it was sent saw it, then it dissapeared for whatever reason.

ETA ~ I just realized that I&#39;ve never met a black female CMSgt. Props to her. I pray that you do make it to E-9. Blondnaps will be up there making changes and running things.

I would like to know if it is OK for you to sport a short Afro? For those in the military, what is the most convenient way for you to wear you hair since they may confuse twists with locs? Just curious.
    [/b]
    Twas are fine, or at least they were (then again Blondnaps would have told us if they weren&#39;t). My twa was the easiest or most convienent style. The reg limitation was 3" in bulk. If the twist become a problem, the most convienent style for me will be cornrows with my hair or various braided styles w/extensions.
    PROUD SAHM,USMC WIFE, & USAF VETERAN

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO....HECKS NAW I&#39;m not no CMSGT ( E-9) one day ladies!! ONE DAY!! I have been in 8 years and am a E-5...hey I&#39;m half way there!! And I had NEVER met a black female CMSgt before CMSgt Davis ...she&#39;s a great lady and is always looking out for "US" especially the black women ( you can see that in the email)

Sweetpotatoe- Yes we can wear aTWA, but it can&#39;t be past a certain height ( they break that down for us to...LOL) Even though my hair is long when stretched I have MAJOR shrinkage so I&#39;m good for the most part.

What I&#39;m thinking about is winter time...twists were/are my staple. And my twist look like locs...I plan on making this a career and I have learned to pick my battles. As I said before I have only met one black female CMSgt in my career and I want to be one of those one day..Getting marked down on my EPR ( performance reports) for Dress & Appearance is not an option for me...so I&#39;m going to have to play it safe and not wear twists until my hair gets long enough to pin them into a french roll or bun. I figure they can&#39;t say anything to me then because they won&#39;t be sticking all over the place like they do now when I wear twist

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to be funny, but it raises another question. Does or can this prevent a person from being drafted? And why should people have to change the way they look to fight for this country?
    [/b]
    If they ever reinstate the draft, I just might have to flee to Canada with my locs.... :lol:
    I just want you to recognize me in the temple, you can&#39;t hurt me I found peace within myself--Michael Jackson (RIP)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast