Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the Navy locks have always been unauthorized....about twists i fought that with an email to tne MC that put that out....email is not the same as an official message i also gve him a brief how twists has been out as long as braids so i didn't understand how u can deem them as faddish-fad means a style that is short in duration....afterward i got an email back saying he understood and take all the emails and send up the chain which i did...and never had a problem while i was stationed there....i am in Va now and i usually pin my twists back
    Nubian Goddess

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... There's no such thing as individuality in the U.S. Fighting Forces. They want everybody to be a blendable team unit. No exceptions.
    [/b]

VERY TRUE..

thats why I'm out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    loose to sisterloced-->8 YEAR NAPPIVERSERY OCTOBER 2011!!!!
    http://public.fotki.com/Netta1/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what is considered an excessively short hairstyle in the Air Force/Militery?
    I'm Thee Itcha, let me putcha in the pitcha
    The Notorious Tan.Gl.Eee
    hair type 4 thick (density), medium-fine (strand diameter), soft/spongy (texture), (length) 9-12 inches, shrinkage 60-80%, (curl size) pen spring to pencil size, highly porous, low elasticity

Thank you for PANKING me!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nappies In The Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by LuvJones View Post
    :wub: I miss the paycheck but that's it.

I can't believe they pulled this ish. It seems that they are attacking us(sistas) first it was the no short short faded hair styles(which I had only seen sistas rockin now Locs too. What is the reasoning? Not like it matters, they will do what they like. So happy to be broke and free. They need to get on those "becky's" about those ponytails and messed up colors!

Much love to all my AF sistas!

Well until this came down there was NOTHING in writing forbiding locs as long as they could fit under your cap and didn't exceed the bulk stated in the AFI people could grumble but they couldn't MAKE you take them out. S

Blondnaps, are you going to stop wearing twist, cause you know folks aren't going to be able to tell the difference. Goodness I hate them <_<

I've met one AA female Chief and she was a female dog but she was only a female dog to the AA airmen( I was in ALS and she was the ALS and the NCOA. She was a hateful permie( I was a permie too) but it was like she hated "us"

I agree. It's completely ridiculous. It's a shame that racism exist in the military. I was getting frustrated with stories, so I decided to start a petition allowing African-American women to start wearing locks. https://www.change.org/p/brittany-ja...n-the-military. I know that the Army and the marines allows it, but not the navy and the air force. This definitely need to change. I do think it's very discriminative.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nappies In The Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by carlaw78 View Post
    I posted this here, because I know A LOT of us are considering locing soon, we'll the USAF is ALL over it and with all the recent hair changes they have now included dred locks...this is an email I received from our MSG Chief on 21 Jun

Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:07 AM
    To: Roy-Johnson Glenn C CMSgt
    Subject: Locks

RJ,

I think this may be a "change"... I've never noticed it before. AFI36-2903 15 JUNE 2006, Table 1.5. Personal Grooming Standards specifically states:

"Dreadlocks are not authorized"

Since a lot of time/effort goes into conditioning hair to "lock" I think troops need to be forewarned so their efforts won't be wasted.
    Could you please forward this to the AACA ( African American Cultural Association) e-mail grouping? Just trying to get it out to the right audience.

v/r,

Chief Davis

//Signed//

CYNTHIA E. DAVIS, CMSgt, USAF
    Superintendent, 319th Mission Support Group

So for those of us who already have locs.....WATCH OUT....you know the counseling sessions will be coming soon and for those of us who considered locing...we'll I guess my dream is going to be put on hold for 13 more years...keep us updated on what your leadership is saying. I will be posting this is the LOC discussion forum also to prewarn those military ladies
    I'm sorry that's the lesson... they're missing out on great people...
    Palm Rolling... 125 locs... Nature's Protein Gelee

Naturals Salon & Spa... http://gotlocsva.com/

http://www.afropedea.org/pics

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345