Thread: Avacado Oil

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: How do you get all of the avocado out of your hair? I would like to try this, but I have had bad experiences when mixing food and hair :blush: :lol: .
    [/b]
    Try looking at Pebbles Page she has a recipe where she uses avacado and she even tells you how she strains it to get the chuncks out. I bought some avacado oil only used it once though. Made my hair really soft.
    Big Chop 10/15/06
    1 year nappiversary and counting!!!
    Loced Up6/5/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try looking at Pebbles Page she has a recipe where she uses avacado and she even tells you how she strains it to get the chuncks out. I bought some avacado oil only used it once though. Made my hair really soft.
    [/b]

Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't used the oil yet but the avacado butter works wonders on my hair. After each shampoo and conditiong I use that and real mango butter and my hair is moisterized all day.

knharde is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just recently got some, but I used to use an avocado/jojoba mix from bath and body works. I luved that stuff.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    Thanks Nappy_newbie. I may try this as a pre-poo.

ETA: I don't see the recipe. What page is it on?

@BeautifulDeva- I used avocado butter on my twists last winter and it was lovely.

My Fotki site
    pw: brownkinks
    The Rebel: His very way of being is rebellious - not because he is fighting against anybody or anything, but because he has discovered his own true nature and is determined to live in accordance with it. The eagle is his spirit animal, a messenger between earth and sky. The Rebel challenges us to be courageous enough to take responsibility for who we are and to live our truth.
    -Osho Zen Tarot

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't used the oil yet but the avacado butter works wonders on my hair. After each shampoo and conditiong I use that and real mango butter and my hair is moisterized all day.
    [/b]
    Where'd you get the butters from? Online, food store, etc. plz do tell!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my avocado butter from www.fromnaturewithlove.com. Click on Skin Care ingredients, then Butters.
    My Fotki site
    pw: brownkinks
    The Rebel: His very way of being is rebellious - not because he is fighting against anybody or anything, but because he has discovered his own true nature and is determined to live in accordance with it. The eagle is his spirit animal, a messenger between earth and sky. The Rebel challenges us to be courageous enough to take responsibility for who we are and to live our truth.
    -Osho Zen Tarot

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.
    [/b]
    Another place you can go that has really good oils and butters is www.mountainroseherbs.com and go to our products on the top of the page. This web site tells you in detail what benifits comes from each butter and oil, like vitamin and fatty acids which are veryyyyyyyyyyyyy good for our hair and it's cheap too. You can make your own butter's and oil mixtures ........... Plus they have containers you can buy for whatever you want to bottle. It's a great place to go. I give it a 10+

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another place you can go that has really good oils and butters is www.mountainroseherbs.com and go to our products on the top of the page. This web site tells you in detail what benifits comes from each butter and oil, like vitamin and fatty acids which are veryyyyyyyyyyyyy good for our hair and it's cheap too. You can make your own butter's and oil mixtures ........... Plus they have containers you can buy for whatever you want to bottle. It's a great place to go. I give it a 10+
    [/b]
    Those prices are real cheap, but I cant buy online tho <_<

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast