Thread: Avacado Oil

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ends were in a funky kind of way yesterday, dull looking really dry, crispy feeling. Before I went to bed I spritzed my ends with some water then dabbed them with a little avocado oil. Today my ends look shiny and feel soft, moist again. I love this oil. :wub:
    Big chop in March 2005, and still loving this journey.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i haven't tried avocado oil but i love avocado butter I use it all year, a little goes a long way and I find it really does keep my hair moist and soft. I may try the oil in my conditioner.
    http://public.fotki.com/sweetnikki6/

how deep does it go? so deep that some would rather by a nappy weave than expose their naps because there is no way that their hair could possibly be nicer than that weave.

I have been around since 05 baby!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i haven't tried avocado oil but i love avocado butter I use it all year, a little goes a long way and I find it really does keep my hair moist and soft. I may try the oil in my conditioner.
    [/b]

i love that avocado butter too. i actually mixed a bit with hemp butter and hmmhmmhmm it was nice :wub:
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The avocado butter I ordered at FNWL made my hands itch something fierce -- I think I'm allergic.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The avocado butter I ordered at FNWL made my hands itch something fierce -- I think I'm allergic.
    [/b]

oh sh*t you might be!! when i used an avocado to make a deep treatment, i had also eaten part of it before doing my hair and my mouth was on FIRE! then when i mulched it to put in my hair my head itched something fieeeeeeeerce! but oddly, i can use the butter. i can't get enough of that.
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it ok to use avocado oil as a leave-in? I was just reading up on old posts and it was mentioned alot that avocado has a high protein content so now I'm a little worried (I'm sitting with it in my hair now )

That aside, I love how it makes my skin feel :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it ok to use avocado oil as a leave-in? I was just reading up on old posts and it was mentioned alot that avocado has a high protein content so now I'm a little worried (I'm sitting with it in my hair now )

That aside, I love how it makes my skin feel :wub:
    [/b]
    Hi, my hair loves avocado oil and it makes it feel silky..but it does have a high protein content so I don't use it anymore. I over protein conditoned my hair and now I'm giving it a rest from protein. If your in the same situation..stay away from it for a while.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/NaturalGirl112678/"]http://public.fotki.com/NaturalGirl112678/[/url]

Password: Natural

<http://i35.tinypic.com/r0bd04.gif" alt="Office Map" width="160" height="120" hspace="10" vspace="10" align="left" border="0" />

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow, I was 15 when I created this! But I finally purchased avocado butter online and I love it way more than the oil. I also remember doing the avocado condition treatment with my mom's avocados and she was pissed because she wanted to eat them, lol!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purchased avocado oil for the first time and plan to use it as a moisturizer along with some of my other oils. Hopefully my hair will respond well to it since it sounds like it works very well.
    Natural since Dec. 2003

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234