Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in! I'm sooooo in! I want to grow out this TWA, and I love the ease of braids so this is perfect.

I probably won't wear braids for 6 months straight because I need to get to know my new natural hair. So, I think I'll braid it for 6 weeks. Then take the braids out for a week or two then re-braid.
    Last chemical fire cream: Dec. 4, 2008
    Transitioning...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome everyone to the challenge. I didnt think this many people would join but its good. I have a question for yall. I want to know what moisturizers are you using. Because I am reading some bad reviews on Infusium 23 but I just wanted to know what moisturizers do you recommend and that you are using. Thanks.
    [SIZE=2]♥"To those whose support I have yet to earn-I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too."- MY President♥[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in even before I knew I was. :P I plan on getting higlights first week in august. After that I'm twisting my hair (no extensions) and will be keepin it in till the end of the year. Retwisting every month..and probably neatening the twists at the front weekly.School's too hectic and my hair's too thick to have to worry about combing all the time...and it's good for it. I'll probably do conditioner washes once a week...or two if I can stretch it, because my scalp itches and sweats like crazy. I wash with suave...condition with suave..deep condition with anything my hair loves. Right now it's Organics hair mayo which detangles my hair BEAUTIFULLY. And I use palmers olive oil moisturiser..it's really light...
    so...basically...I'm in!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome everyone to the challenge. I didnt think this many people would join but its good. I have a question for yall. I want to know what moisturizers are you using. Because I am reading some bad reviews on Infusium 23 but I just wanted to know what moisturizers do you recommend and that you are using. Thanks.
    [/b]
    I like the infusium diluted and followed with olive oil. otherwise I use the afro detangler from robin's growafrohairlong site.

rachelnatalie
    http://www.rachelnatalie.ca

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to give this one a go!!!!!!!
    "Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    —Eleanor Roosevelt

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=...dLy-u1230418265

http://public.fotki.com/TrueSugar/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome ChocolateThunder! I hope everything will go well. I wish I could start sooner but I want to get my hair in a good state before I get it plaitted. I also want to find a good hair strengthener. But I really dont know if I need a strengthener because I read that was recommended when and if I got braid extensions. But since I am not using extensions, do yall think that I really need one? Or should I just use a spray moisturizer??? See thats why I didnt start this straight away, I need to get my facts straight. So any advice please????
    [/b]
    Thanks purpulicious01! I'm using a spray moisterizer every day cause if not my hair will get
    really dry and nasty. I tried leaving my hair in braids once and not moisterizing aand it was a disaster!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks purpulicious01! I'm using a spray moisterizer every day cause if not my hair will get
    really dry and nasty. I tried leaving my hair in braids once and not moisterizing aand it was a disaster!
    [/b]
    Ok I think I just asked the question in the wrong way. I plan on moisturizing my hair at least once everyday. But Robin site growafrohairlong.com recommended using a strenghtener (infusium 23) AND just a moisturizer (African Pride/Royale). I was asking should I even get the strenghtener infusium 23? Or should I just moisturize my hair with one thing? I hope I make sense.
    [SIZE=2]♥"To those whose support I have yet to earn-I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too."- MY President♥[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay....i am down....probably start next week
    Nubian Goddess

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I think I just asked the question in the wrong way. I plan on moisturizing my hair at least once everyday. But Robin site growafrohairlong.com recommended using a strenghtener (infusium 23) AND just a moisturizer (African Pride/Royale). I was asking should I even get the strenghtener infusium 23? Or should I just moisturize my hair with one thing? I hope I make sense.
    [/b]
    I think just the African Pride/Royale might be okay, with water and maybe whatever oils you like. You might just want to use the Infusium if you think your hair needs extra strengthener, I think.

rachelnatalie

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think just the African Pride/Royale might be okay, with water and maybe whatever oils you like. You might just want to use the Infusium if you think your hair needs extra strengthener, I think.

rachelnatalie
    [/b]

Thanks

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast