Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, y'all...I have a stupid-sounding question, but I know the experts here at NP can educate me. It was a total eye-opener to me when I discovered how my natural hair feels without the re.lax.er - it's incredibly soft and springy. So now I am wondering...what do locs feel like once they are mature? No one close to me has locs, and I don't want to be rude and ask a casual acquaintance if I can feel his/her hair. I know it will vary according to one's hair texture (just like loose natural hair), but can anybody describe how your locs feel (especially those who have had them a while)?
    Challenge Yourself.
    My Fotki: Becoming Natural Password: AuNaturel

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on, no education for a loc-challenged sister? Do locks feel the same as twists that have been in for a while? Do they bounce (if you stretch out a lock and then let it go, does it spring back up)? Does the way the hair feels to the touch change as the locs mature? Some of you experts help a sista out! ^_^
    Challenge Yourself.
    My Fotki: Becoming Natural Password: AuNaturel

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had locs for a little over a year and they feel firm with a hint of softness. They don't stretch and pop back anymore. They just hang. I started with twists and they used to shrink up and stuff. I kinda miss that. But yeah, they do firm up over the months. It depends mostly on the hair texture, I'm guessing.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't done the stretch and spring test, but I would venture to guess that my hair won't just spring back up. I dare not tug on the tresses. My hair still feels soft. I think it depends on care as well as texture. I use little to no product on my hair daily. And I don't maintain often. If you know someone with locs, casual or not, they may not mind you touching a few as long as you ask first and touch w/two fingers as opposed to your whole hand. You might get a "I don't know where your hands have been" look.
    The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
    Psalms 118:6
    My Fotki
    http://photos.hi5.com/0000/142/318/81M164142318-02.jpg
    Spring 2004

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been loced for almost ten years and my hair feels different at different times. I guess it depends on how you care for it and how much /little product you use. Today my hair feels sort of springy and my roots are soft (haven't twisted in a while) but sometimes it is hard and scratchy when it has not been properly moisturized. My locs always feel firm to the touch though.
    Round two: 2nd set of locs
    @http://public.fotki.com/rastagalnj
    Tatiana's blog: Designer Diva @http://rastagalnj.wordpress.com
    Minister of Style: @http://urbandomesticdiva.wordpress.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My loose hair is very soft and thick. The roots are wavy and smooth. My locs at 32 months feel the same but in solid form. I can't stretch them out anymore but most of them still have boingie curls on the ends. Some clumps of wavess are locked together along the length of locs so I feel some smooth areas as I run my fingers through them. So, I have to agree about texture. I think that your locs will feel like your loose hair only solid.
    7 year locs, relaxing and enjoying life

album pw: gummy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My locs are very firm at the front, they are slightly bigger in size than the rest. The middle of my head has a softer texture and the locs are a little springy.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.

Bob Marley

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My locs are around four years old and right now they feel soft and solid all over except at the roots. I don't twist, so it's all soft there. If I don't moisturize properly or if I use a shampoo that my hair doesn't like or if the weather is too hot or too cold, my hair feels a little hard and rough.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm over 6 months in... my locs feel dense, but kinda spongy in the parts of the loc that have locked already. The ends are twisted, and not quite locked yet, so they are soft and springy.
    [url="http://vod.themarchingnetwork.com/"]vod.themarchingnetwork.com[/url] -- Clips of HBCU marching bands and others

~~ geminibreeze ~~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had sisterlocks for 3 years and I guess :unsure: I would describe my hair as feeling like firm yard. It is not hard and still kinda soft.
    Sisterlocked on oct 2002

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast