Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I made the decision a couple weeks ago to finally go natural. My last chemical fire cream was June '06. All I have known is relaxing my entire life, but I'm honestly just sick of them. I feel like I've been conditioned to think that long straight hair is the only beautiful thing, so for me it's more of a mental thing. Relaxers dry my scalp out, and if I go too long without getting them, my hair breaks. I admit that it's been a struggle being firm with my decision, but I think that I'm finally ready. My only concern is transitioning period. My hair is at my shoulders, and I don't want to do the big cut; so are there any tips that anyone can give me during the period? I was thinking of gradually trimming it and wearing the kinky twists every other month until I get ready for the big chop. I am truly inspired by this forum, and I know that you all will be a big support during this transitioning phase!
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made" -Psalm 139:14

[color=#FF0000]Last CFC: June 23, 2006
    BC Date: Dec 12, 2006[/color]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/BeautifulJoy/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Beautiful_Joy. I too have decided to go natural after much contemplation. I also had my last chemical fire cream or shall I say chemical fire cream...I personally like creamy crack, in June 2006. I've been looking at a lot of the photo albums for ideas. I've actually gotten quite addicted to them. I am also accustomed to long straight hair and need a mental change. But I plan on transitioning with gradual trims for as long as I feel necessary. I think I will try braidouts and I know I will wear buns and ponytails mostly. I'll do the occasional flat flaming hot tool of hair torture when I feel like it, but not often. A lot have people have done the BC after only a few months of transitioning. I'm not sure if I can pull that off. I wish that I had someone to share my journey with, but maybe we can keep in touch with each other and check on each other's status and provide motivation thru the hard times. I'm sure we'll need it, but of course we'll have the help from the forum.

So I made the decision a couple weeks ago to finally go natural. My last chemical fire cream was June '06. All I have known is relaxing my entire life, but I'm honestly just sick of them. I feel like I've been conditioned to think that long straight hair is the only beautiful thing, so for me it's more of a mental thing. Relaxers dry my scalp out, and if I go too long without getting them, my hair breaks. I admit that it's been a struggle being firm with my decision, but I think that I'm finally ready. My only concern is transitioning period. My hair is at my shoulders, and I don't want to do the big cut; so are there any tips that anyone can give me during the period? I was thinking of gradually trimming it and wearing the kinky twists every other month until I get ready for the big chop. I am truly inspired by this forum, and I know that you all will be a big support during this transitioning phase!
    [/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on your decision and you have made it to the right place!

Browse albums of the members because there are a lot of transition choices... from braidouts to twistouts to wraps and buns.

I transitioned for 4 months. I used a braid out. But after dealing with the two textures for that long, I got my chop and never thought I could pull it off. But it worked!

Just make what ever choice is right for you

And @ Fanscie, after reading about heat on this site, I am even afraid of a hair dryer LOL So be careful
    SheSnappi.com -- See me there

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And @ Fanscie, after reading about heat on this site, I am even afraid of a hair dryer LOL So be careful
    [/b]
    I agree, I don't use a hair dryer on my hair anymore, much less any other heated tool :bolt: that stuff can ruin your hair, I had to cut quite a bit of my hair off after dealing with hot irons and blow dryers- my hair is still kinda long, but I lost several inches of progress messing with heat- don't do it :icon_twak: PS: congrats on making the switch, your hair and scalp with thank you
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change... Napptural since August 2001
    check out My Fotki Password: ilovehair

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on your decision! This forum has been a great source of inspiration, positivity, and just plain ol' good information, tips, and pics.
    Last CFC: 5-30-06
    I Big Chopped: 9-23-06
    Check out [url="http://public.fotki.com/miss-kn/"]My Fotki[/url] last updated Oct 5, 2006 password: natural

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome bj, yes this is an excellent inspiring forum. You heard some good advice already. Take a look at transitioning styles by clicking the link in my sig. Hope you get some ideas.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome bj, yes this is an excellent inspiring forum. You heard some good advice already. Take a look at transitioning styles by clicking the link in my sig. Hope you get some ideas.
    [/b]
    Thanks to all of you for the words of encouragement! I will definitely be on this site regularly
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made" -Psalm 139:14

[color=#FF0000]Last CFC: June 23, 2006
    BC Date: Dec 12, 2006[/color]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/BeautifulJoy/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck on your journey and dont be afraid to ask for assistance.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck on your journey and dont be afraid to ask for assistance.
    [/b]
    Ditto. Browse around you will find lots of tips and albums to help you.

And Welcome to the board!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats on making the decision I'm sure you'll love the journey.
    My Websites:

[url="http://public.fotki.com/MrsDawsondn/"]Hair[/url]
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/MrsDawsondn2/"]Weightloss Album[/url]
    [url="http://mrsdawsondn.blogspot.com/"]Weightloss Chronicles[/url]
    [url="http://www.opendiaryplus.com/entrylist.asp?authorcode=D583986"]****Online Diary*****[/url]

"God is the source of love; Christ is the proof of love; service is the expression of love; boldness is the outcome of love." - Henrietta Mears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast