Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hey i was just wondering ladies, i've been on this site for a while, and have been on some forums. I read that avocado oil is a really good deep conditioner in the winter, but its the same i've read with castor oil. What should i believe?

I have recently cut my hair and i kno that i can use jojoba oil as a deep conditioner in the summer as something lite to condition ur hair wit.
    -all i need to kno is what is a better deep conditioner in the winter, castor or avocado oil?

Tell me what y'all think.

~N.H.11~

puchi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt even know avocado could be made into an oil...lol. But from what I know, I use castor oil (the good thick stuff, and then I have a bottle of slightly liquidy stuff) and its really good for a deep condtion. I used it all the time as a loose nappy. Now that Im loced, I use it right after I wash and it leaves my locs shiny for days!

IMO, go with the castor oil, its thick and leaves your hair moisturized for days.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humm well from my experience it depends on how u pan on using it. Avocado oil is lighter than castor oil...but when mixed with water..makes an excellent spray. Castor oil is thicker, but draws water into the hair. Personally I use Castor oil cause I can get a HUGE bottle of it (like 32 oz) at whole foods for about $7 and it lasts a long time. Mix it with a lighter oil (like olive) for a hot oil treatment that will leave your hair feeling GREAT!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avocado and Castor oil is really good for your hair. Avocado oil has more fatty acids in it and works for harsh weather. As a matter of fact look @ this web site and it will give you information in detail on each oil and I rate it a 10 the price of there products and the whole site. www.mountainroseherbs.com go to our products on the top of the page and you can go from there.

Stay nappy! :afro:

vnatural is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, castor oil is very heavy and very moisturizing. It's especially great for dry ends.
    BLAKPHOENIX

Nappy hair is pelo bueno! Ya heard!