Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I've had this laptop since Christmas....was a gift.
    it crashed back in June, I haven't gotten it fixed yet b/c I'm trying to
    see if I can get a deal on a new laptop or find a place that can fix it at a fair price.
    If I can't find a fair price for it to be repaired the I'm gonna have to take it back to
    the place my mom go it from. ( Did i mention it was a refurbished laptop)
    so....ever since that happened I've been using my mom's PC and this past weekend
    her computer crashed. <_<

Am I better off just getting a new laptop or go and get this one I already have fixed?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the exact reason why i made the switch to an ibook. in the past 6 years i&#39;ve had 5 laptops... a friggin waste of time and energy. to me it&#39;s like the difference between buying an entry level ford and a hyundai/toyota.
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what excatly happened?
    does it come on at all?
    does it give you a message?
    is it a virus?
    refurbished only mean used and that may not mean the hard drive. with computers you can alway replace part. you need to know the spec; to find out if you can up grand and or change the hardware.
    you would think i know what i am talking about. well did build my pc. but when it comes to the software problems stuff i have a person i call when i can&#39;t work it out. but my laptop is a dell and i call them (did she buy it from dell?)

well let me let you answer

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it comes on...begins the loading process as normal, then a black or blue box comes up and white letters saying some junk that the system has been corrupt
    c/:feuifiaf[fankf[q......some junk like that?
    I&#39;ve contacted the place that my mom bought the laptop from and they told me that it "maybe" a virus that slipped thru the system, but I do have virus scan and that shouldn&#39;t have happened.
    oh, and he quoted me a price of $85 to get it going but all my stuff will be gone, pics, poems, saved passwords...all that will be gone <_<

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah if you got the blue screen it more than likely is all lost check this site out see what you can find

http://computerhaven.info/

try googling the message you got and see what you come up with

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you try pressing Ctrl + F11 as soon as your turn on the computer. I don&#39;t know if it&#39;ll work but just a suggestion.
    [url="http://www.fotki.com/meganjerai"][color=#FF0000]My Four Year Journey[/color][/url]
    [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UWyiVmWalw"][color=#000000]My [u]YouTube[/u]!!! <--Click (Thanks for all the wonderful comments!)[/color][/url]
    [color=#006600][b]THE DEVIL IS A LYE[/b][/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the exact reason why i made the switch to an ibook. in the past 6 years i&#39;ve had 5 laptops... a friggin waste of time and energy. to me it&#39;s like the difference between buying an entry level ford and a hyundai/toyota.
    [/b]

Hey, Libertyacc
    aren&#39;t those ibooks/Powerbooks quite expensive?
    like $2000.00 or more?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear you laptop crashed did u buy it from dell? if so, have u called them? did your mom purchase a warranty package? give em a call. u never know. they could hook it up 4 you.

i havent heard anything bad about ibooks, but if my dell ever crashes i&#39;m getting a sony.
    i&#39;ve had my dell for a year now and the cd rom part started opening by itself in march. mustve been a ghost. but i called dell and they shipped me another one for free.

lhyna is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it comes on...begins the loading process as normal, then a black or blue box comes up and white letters saying some junk that the system has been corrupt
    c/:feuifiaf[fankf[q......some junk like that?
    I&#39;ve contacted the place that my mom bought the laptop from and they told me that it "maybe" a virus that slipped thru the system, but I do have virus scan and that shouldn&#39;t have happened.
    oh, and he quoted me a price of $85 to get it going but all my stuff will be gone, pics, poems, saved passwords...all that will be gone <_<
    [/b]

Oh you just have a system error. Meaning it&#39;s a problem with the operating system (I am guessing that you have Windows). Having an anti-virus doesn&#39;t completely protect you from virii, specially if it wasn&#39;t up to date (ie having an anti-virus doesn&#39;t mean you will never have any virus, trojan or worms)

Well if you didn&#39;t have anything important on the computer, you could just reformat and do a new installation, which is what I am guessing that guy asked you $85 for (and he won&#39;t be doing a lot). Since you said you have important info, you need to find out what the blue screen is saying exactly and replace the corrupted system file. But the blue screen is never good, I usually call it the screen of death, you might just have to reformat everything. In the future, be sure to store important info somewhere else.
    "Wise folks learn to say less and less when it comes to forecasting future choices and decisions. Never just doesn't have much use. The even wiser know to save their energy when it comes to analyzing other people's lives (i.e. decisions). They use their energy for other stuff [...]" - Moonchild

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you got the blue screen of death. Could be a virus or corrupted drivers or dlls. Anyway, if you are using XP you can start the computer in safe mode (F8 when starting) and run system restore. If you have the OS disks, you can repair or reinstall Windows if it is corrupted. With any computer you should always have a maintenance program like Norton Utilities to repair Windows files, a spyware program and virus software. I really don&#39;t think that you need to toss your computer because of this problem.

If you need help you can PM me. Tell me a little about your computer. I fix these problems all day.
    7 year locs, relaxing and enjoying life

album pw: gummy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast