Thread: Chlorine?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i'm going swiming this weekend. i was wondering if there is anything special you should do after being in the pool or a waterpark for your hair. it's been more than 5 years since i've done this so i wanted to know. is there anything you need to do besides washing it?
    [color=#6633FF]was jessicakitty[/color]
    [color=#6600CC]transition started december 2005[/color]
    [color=#FF6666]BC march 2006[/color]
    [color=#CC33CC]natural five years and going![/color]
    [COLOR="Blue"]hair album: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v343/jesskitty/hair/[/COLOR]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest placing leave in conditioner before you get in the chlorine.
    . . . Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. . . . We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. We are all meant to shine . . . We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. . . . by Marianne Wiliamson

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest placing leave in conditioner before you get in the chlorine.
    [/b]
    Yes. And be sure to wet your hair first. Since your hair will be wet with leave-in, it won't absorb as much chlorinated water as it would if it was dry. Then, when your finished having fun in the water, rinse your hair.
    My Fotki site
    pw: brownkinks
    The Rebel: His very way of being is rebellious - not because he is fighting against anybody or anything, but because he has discovered his own true nature and is determined to live in accordance with it. The eagle is his spirit animal, a messenger between earth and sky. The Rebel challenges us to be courageous enough to take responsibility for who we are and to live our truth.
    -Osho Zen Tarot

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. And be sure to wet your hair first. Since your hair will be wet with leave-in, it won't absorb as much chlorinated water as it would if it was dry. Then, when your finished having fun in the water, rinse your hair.
    [/b]
    oppsies. i posted that just as i was leaving. so i didn't get to do to leave in before going or wet my hair first. is that bad for my hair that i didn't do it? and is it okay to just wash it with a regular conditioner now or should i get a leave in now?
    [color=#6633FF]was jessicakitty[/color]
    [color=#6600CC]transition started december 2005[/color]
    [color=#FF6666]BC march 2006[/color]
    [color=#CC33CC]natural five years and going![/color]
    [COLOR="Blue"]hair album: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v343/jesskitty/hair/[/COLOR]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After you swim in chlorinated water, you should always shampoo or rinse your hair.

Also, Shulta posted this in another forum (hope you don't mind me quoting you here, Shulta - it's really helpful info!)

Sorry but this is a little :smil3f9cf95099cff:
    Bratkiss get some Club Soda and rinse your hair with that before and after your swim - regardless of your hair type.

Why? ... The Chlorine used in swimming pools forms a copper-rich bleach, Club soda neutralizes this bleach and washes it out of your hair before it goes dry & brittle. Not just that but it is also best to avoid products that contain metallic salts as this mixed with the Chlorine can disturb the natural oil (sebum) production of the scalp and may lead to instant dryness, itchy scalp, flakes & coarse split ends.
    Humble apologies if you already knew this but I just wanted to help.

:bolt:
    [/b]
    My Fotki site
    pw: brownkinks
    The Rebel: His very way of being is rebellious - not because he is fighting against anybody or anything, but because he has discovered his own true nature and is determined to live in accordance with it. The eagle is his spirit animal, a messenger between earth and sky. The Rebel challenges us to be courageous enough to take responsibility for who we are and to live our truth.
    -Osho Zen Tarot