User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beverly Jenkins

Pixie Hollow: Home of glitter and other sparkle!
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay!!! For Beverly Jenkins!! Has anyone read her new book yet, "Bring on the Blessings"?
    The Mad Hatter: There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am.

Twitter: Letti_Bug

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay!!! For Beverly Jenkins!! Has anyone read her new book yet, "Bring on the Blessings"?
    [/b]
    I just picked it up this morning from Walmart on my way to work, I can't wait to start it.

aeburo is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I especially love how she incorperate's history in to her stories, because there's alot of stuff that I learned from reading her books than from real life!!!

For everyone who had read her books, which one's are you favorite and why?
    [/b]
    ITA about the history Beverly Jenkins incorporates in her books. To me, that's the best part of her books (besides the love scenes :blush: ). My favorite book is Indigo. I may read it again tonight! Has anyone read Jewel?
    "Good hair is hair that do its job which is to keep your head warm." -Tiffany Turner (Washington Post)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITA about the history Beverly Jenkins incorporates in her books. To me, that's the best part of her books (besides the love scenes :blush: ). My favorite book is Indigo. I may read it again tonight! Has anyone read Jewel?
    [/b]

I read Jewel the first day it came out! It's a really good book and I think you'll enjoy it.

I just picked it up this morning from Walmart on my way to work, I can't wait to start it.
    [/b]
    I got mine the to other day too, but i&#39;m gonna let my mom read it first.....even though she reads slower molasses <_<
    The Mad Hatter: There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:wub: I LOOOOOOOVE Beverly Jenkins novels, and I have read all except her newest one (Bring on the Blessing) and the two that she is re-releasing (Belle and Josephine). For some reasons those just don&#39;t appeal to me.

My favs are:

Night Song: Cara Lee and Chase
    Indigo: Galen and Hester
    Through the Storm: Raimond and Sable

The formula is getting a bit redundant now...but I&#39;m still addicted.
    OMG!!! Somebody made me PANK! Thank you!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay!!! I just finished reading "Bring on the Blessings" and I really enjoyed it.

What I really like about the book, like she does with all her other contemporary books, is that their the descendants of the characters from her historical books. I like how she keeps all her books connected somehow.

But now that I think about it, I wonder if she&#39;s ever going to a book about the characters from Before the Dawn descendants....I sometimes forget that she wrote that book.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:wub: I have read all of her books?
    My favorite in Indigo.

Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry.
    It merely astonishes me.
    How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company?
    It's beyond me.

Zora Neale Hurston

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Beverly Jenkins fan here, read most of her historicals and modern ones - I have so many favourite ones don&#39;t know where to begin, I love the connection between her stories, think they would make entertaining TV. Who owns BET can&#39;t they buy the TV rights, if Catherine Cookson, Judith Krantz, Jackie Collins and Barbara Taylor Bradford can have the soppy romance novels televised why not our AA romance writers? Don&#39;t our black mega millionaires invest in the entertainment industry apart from the music world?

Have not read Indigo that book is like gold dust to get - if anyone is feeling generous wanna sell your old copy to me?
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never read Indigo?!?!?
    Denny have you tried going to like Amazon.com to buy it? My mom wants the hardcover copies of all her books and that&#39;s where I go to get them, along with all my other books.......I have a book addiction....

And I agree about her books being put on tv. I don&#39;t know about BET, but probably Lifetime or TvOne (I think that&#39;s what it&#39;s called).

Edit: I wanted to add that her next book isn&#39;t coming out to later on this year in September called "Captured." I&#39;m already excited.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indigo

I just checked Amazon the prices are from $12 by the time I add postage to that to the UK in the UK I&#39;ll be better off paying £1 for my library to buy - in fact going to order it from them tomorrow - forgot about that option . A new PB copy is $17 is the book that thick why it costs so much?
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast