Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.yardflex.com/archives/000654.html#more
    BEYONCE KNOWLES is determined to cope with her spiralling fame, insisting she will never "lose herself" like FUGEES star Lauryn Hill. The Crazy in love star was shocked when Hill suddenly shaved her head and turned her back on the limelight, visiting tough Brooklyn schools with her guitar. And although she still respects the READY OR NOT singer's work, Knowles believes she is far more grounded than Hill.

She says, "Her story is the most tragic. I mean, her record was genius. But drama and demands and the pressure and all of the people giving you so much access to so many things can be too much. "So couple that with everyone telling you you're so this and so that and so perfect and of course you can lose yourself.

"I don't know what's going to happen to me but I know I'm more than a singer and I have so many other things in my life to keep me focused. I hope and pray that I stay as comfortable in my own skin as I am right now."

Source: www.contactmusic.com

[/b]
    :icon_eek13: B**** please.
    :)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.yardflex.com/archives/000654.html#more

:icon_eek13: B**** please.
    [/b]
    I dunno. Isn't common knowledge that Lauryn Hill straight up lost her ish awhile back? I don't know; I didn't follow the story. But I do remember the story about her going to the Vatican and folks were saying she was a sight behold and not in a good way.

Maybe Beyonce could have said it with a tad more diplomacy (meaning reference it, but don't name any damn names). That would have been the best way to do it. Putting someone else down to make yourself look better or even just to bring up an example isn't a good idea. Even if it's an Asian concept, causing someone to loose face isn't good.

But I already believe Beyonce needs a diction coach and someone to help her with public speaking. That's the only thing she's missing.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That didn't sound like a diss to me. She was just saying that she won't let herself get the way Lauryn got. I don't think anyone wants to get the way Lauryn got!
    What good do your words do, if they can't understand you? (Badu)

God is good all the time.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's dissing. It was in context. I feel they always LOOK for mistakes very popular people make. I love them both and respect their music evenly. I think Beyonce just spoke her mind. It's clear to me that she also respects Lauren and it's true. Miss Hill is brilliant but she has a lot of issues to deal with.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:ninj: Ok, I'm in the dark.
    WTH happen to Lauryn Hill?
    :)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree that i don't see this as a diss and that Beyonce is just saying she's taking the appropriate measures to make sure that the pressures of fame don't take her under. The way the writer set up the story made it seem like Beyonce was going to diss: "And although she still respects the READY OR NOT singer's work, Knowles believes she is far more grounded than Hill. " These are the writer's words, NOT Beyonce's.

I kind of feel bad when people keep saying L. Hill 'lost it' or 'went crazy'. If everyone knows that the pressures of fame can disconnect a person from themselves, why are they so surprised or disappointed that Hill encountered such a disconnect and is trying to move past it? It obviously can happen to anyone, but the more people dwell on it, the harder it probably is for her to get past it... or even for her FANS (past and present) to not see all her work (shows, albums) in the context of her 'fall from grace'...

sorry if i went off topic. this was an interesting swipe tho.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Beyonce has a right to her opinion. However, if I were an artist, I think I would keep negative opinions I have about other artists to myself. Whether it was a diss or not, it was negative and it does seem to come off as "I've got more things going for me than Lauryn." Like Bey said, she does not know how she will end up. In most careers you are up for awhile and down the next. Artists should be very careful when speaking about fellow artists, it just does not look professional or good at all, whether it's true or not is not the point.
    Never Underestimate ANYONE

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:ninj: Ok, I'm in the dark.
    WTH happen to Lauryn Hill?
    [/b]
    Like I said, I didn't follow it, but here are some links:

At the Vibe Music awards: http://blogs.sohh.com/atlanta/archives/200...n_hill_goe.html

Hill at the Vatican: http://blogcritics.org/archives/2003/12/15/000916.php

From there run a search for something like "lauryn hill goes crazy." That pulled up a few links for me.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyonce can't hold a candle to that "crazy" Lauryn in my book. Must be all the booty-shaking and weave-tossing that keeps her so much more "grounded" than Lauryn.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think writers have a crafty way of writing interviews so that they can attract the most readership. just the quote that cat highlighted makes it sound like beyonce thinks she's got her act more together than lauren did/has.

i think celebrities need to be leary of interviewers who bring up other celebs' names. they need to guard their responses, and possibly, redirect questions onto themselves, so that there is nothing that they say that could be miscontrued by someone else.

do her parents still represent her and handle her business affairs? maybe she needs the coaching of someone else to teach her how to take control of an interview.
    I felt so bad, but so deliciously satisfied. --gigglezk

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. -- unknown

I asked, "What is Kemi Oyl?" and she replied, "Kemi Oyl." Then I asked, "What is a Kemi?" She read the bottle, then said she didn't know. "Maybe a plant."
    --Drizzle

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast