Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hey all,

I just need to vent for a minute. My mama likes my little TWA but thinks I should keep neat of course. So I went to my hair stylist yesterday to get a shape up. Everything seemed cool when she started cutting and didnt stop. I was not seeing a lot of hair falling so I'm thinking everything ok. But when I got up my hair was GONE :Angry: ! Mind you I had maybe an inch and a half because I decided I was going to let it grow out ( I had been keeping it short since my BC in June). Now I am back where I started! I was so mad yesterday but it is just hair, it will grow back. Only plus side is I decided to go buy me a digital camera so I can take pictures of my growth. But has this happened to anyone else, you sit down for a shape up and get up with a full fledged cut?
    Last CFC- 3/11/06
    Big chop- 6/11/06

It's been a year & I still [color=#6600CC]I LOVE MY FRO!!![/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to me personally but I've read plenty of stories on here about women recieving cuts instead of trims. That could be they don't know how to deal with natural hair and all stylists I've come into contact with are scissor happy anyway.

Sorry that you had to go through that though but your right it'll grow back!
    "Don't you let those other boys fool you. Got to love that Afro hairdo." --Corrine Bailey Rae
    Perm free: 6 yrs. 12.13.04
    Transitoned for 1yr and 3 months BC date: 3.16.06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i learned this after i transitioned. i cut my p.ermed ends off myself and then went to a barber to "even it out". SO MUCH FOR MY TRANSITIONING!!! dude cut all of my hair off!!! but it's been a year n a half later and it grew back
    it's frustrating but it'll be alright.....happy nappy trails

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all,

I just need to vent for a minute. My mama likes my little TWA but thinks I should keep neat of course. So I went to my hair stylist yesterday to get a shape up. Everything seemed cool when she started cutting and didnt stop. I was not seeing a lot of hair falling so I'm thinking everything ok. But when I got up my hair was GONE :Angry: ! Mind you I had maybe an inch and a half because I decided I was going to let it grow out ( I had been keeping it short since my BC in June). Now I am back where I started! I was so mad yesterday but it is just hair, it will grow back. Only plus side is I decided to go buy me a digital camera so I can take pictures of my growth. But has this happened to anyone else, you sit down for a shape up and get up with a full fledged cut?
    [/b]
    Sigh...they just don't think they're doing their job unless they're lopping off your hair. Damn cosmetology curriculum...the cutting/trimming/growing hair part should definitely be revamped in every hair school in the dang country!

So sorry. :hug: You're right. It'll go grow back. And I can't wait to see the pics!
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the second time i transitioned, (after 12 months of transitioning) i felt like it was time to cut the perm off. i went to the beauty shop, told her to just cut the perm off. when i got up from the chair i had a 1/2 inch bowl cut!! LOL i was so pissed beacuse i had 3 inches of natural hair!!! needless to say it caused me to fall off the wagon for two months and cry everyday! but it always makes you stronger because you realize you don't have to have alot of hair to be (successful, accepted, etc). it also teaches you that just because you don't have a cosmetologist's license doesn't mean you can't do a better job!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, happened to me when I went for the BC. I had transitioned for 7.5 months until I felt I had enough hair to work with and the courage to do the chop. Well I ended up with maybe 1.5 inches on top and .5 inches on the sides and back. I was pissed.

But you know... I guess it ended up for the best. It was shorter than I wanted, but it was a good cut, shapewise and at least I was totally sure that the scab hair was gone. And it grows fast.

But I haven't been back to a salon of any kind since. I did my own trim about a month ago using the twist method and it worked out great.
    Joined NP: Nov 2003 - Last chemical fire cream: Oct 3, 2004 - BC: May 14, 2005!! - [color=#FF6666]PINK[/color] since April 2006

[url="http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/meganlyles"][color=#009900]Contributing Writer on Suite101.com - Read travel articles here.[/color][/url]

[url="http://www.meganlyles.com"]Travelogue: New York City to Buenos Aires - one year by bus and boat.[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see this is why I stay away from barbers...I could definitely use a shape-up, but I am afraid they will cut it all off.... I think I will wait a couple more months....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to a barber after my first big chop. The first barber performed a horrible job with my hair. I had the Wesley Snipes New Jack City hair cut. The second barber just cut everything very low to the scalp. I feel your pain but like you said "it is just hair and w it will grow back." The low hair cut actually grew on me and to this day, I love to see women with low hair cuts.

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

yrj4ever is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to a barber after my first big chop. The first barber performed a horrible job with my hair. I had the Wesley Snipes New Jack City hair cut. The second barber just cut everything very low to the scalp. I feel your pain but like you said "it is just hair and w it will grow back." The low hair cut actually grew on me and to this day, I love to see women with low hair cuts.

Peace,
    Rasta
    [/b]
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds hilarious.Would you happen to have a pic???
    My mom is the one who did my 'big chop' .It was a very long time ago, and I was only 11 or 12. Now....it might've been the age factor, but I swear to you she cut off like 8 inches LOL. I was so sad. My hair was mid-back length and I walked away a little shorter than shoulder length. I dont really remember if she got it all or not, the length was all I'd cared about

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peace,
    Rasta
    [/b]
    Hey girl!! Where did you go (so I know not to go there)....I still have to call you...I have been uberbusy with school (yet I manage to pop up here :blush: )....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast