Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MsMila,

I just made an appointment with LaToyia. She sounds like a really nice lady. Your hair is beautiful in your album. So I feel confident and comfortable with giving her a try. Exactly where is she located? How long has she done your hair? I'm not really sure how to get my hair done. I like the look of locs but I do not want locks. And I'm afraid my hair is too short for two strand twists or coils. Please take a look at my album and let me know if you have any suggestions.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/MonicaAnderson22"]Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy! I'm over here in Fort Worth and for braids I was recommended Glamour Braids. Their number is 817-370-9491. I also found Mystical Braids 817-361-8218 but I have not seen their work. Also there is a Sister Sister in Arlington. If you need someone to sisterloc your hair, I can get the number of a stylist that is also in Arlington. I don't know of anyone who does normal maintenance, and to be honest, I have not seen many naturals in Fort Worth.
    [/b]
    I went to Mystical Braids last week, because Tonya..the stylist is my former co-workers mom... and i had been there be4 but i just decided out of laziness to go to her to do my twists instead of doing it myself... She did give me a "deal"...and only charged $45... she cornrolled the front and 2 strand twisted the back... since my hair is kinda short... it didn't take long... Tonya's a sweet lady...and she does look at hair HEALTH care...because she is also natural... I've also recieved ALOT of compliments on the twists... I'd definitely recommend her!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I am looking to loc now and I and pregnant as well. I am looking for someone in the Dallas area who can start and help me maintain my locs. Does any of these people that was listed here start locs? If so, does anyone know the pricing?
    Natural is beauty!
    CHECK OUT MY GALLERY AT http://public.fotki.com/dyverse00/
    pswrd: nappy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple question, but I'm kinda new to this - with my 3 month old BC which can finally accomodate a headband! Where can I find those bra-strap headbands in the DFW area that people talk about, and what beauty supplies in the Dallas area are good for natural hair products - again like all the essentail oils and non-sulfate shampoos people mention. I usually go to Lemmon Beauty Supply (on Lemmon), and I'm headed to GiGi on 75 this weekend, but if you've got recommendations, I'll take 'em. Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I live in Plano and I just recently did the big chop. Is there any places that are close to there maybe North Dallas. I cant be going clear across the city of Dallas thats crazy!
    Last chemical fire cream: Aug. 2006
    BC: Feb, 9 2007

[url]www.fotki.com/EmyLouLou[/url]

lizzes is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple question, but I'm kinda new to this - with my 3 month old BC which can finally accomodate a headband! Where can I find those bra-strap headbands in the DFW area that people talk about, and what beauty supplies in the Dallas area are good for natural hair products - again like all the essentail oils and non-sulfate shampoos people mention. I usually go to Lemmon Beauty Supply (on Lemmon), and I'm headed to GiGi on 75 this weekend, but if you've got recommendations, I'll take 'em. Thanks!
    [/b]
    I use bra straps from my old bras. I don't know where you can buy them separately. You probably won't find natural products at a BSS. A lot of those products have mineral oil, petroleum and other harsh chemicals. You can try Whole Foods and other health/wellness stores that sell natural products for shampoos and other ingredients. A lot of people use castile soap, which can be found at health food stores and some drug stores. Look at motowngirl.com for some of her homemade recipes and also search on the forums here at np. Most of the things I use on my hair now are normal items you find in a kitchen - baking soda, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, etc.

ETA: You can also go to Sephora in the malls for Carol's Daughter products.
    Last chemical fire cream: December 2002
    Transitioned for a year and revealed my naps in December 2003
    Nappturality member since 2004
    fotki.com/lizzes *New updates 1/30/10*
    I'm locing my hair! 1/28/2010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello fellow dfw nappies here are few I have not tried any of them personally but I have either seen thier work or they have been recommend to me. Personally I just like doing my own hair and will only use a stylist when I need a break but here is a list of names and numbers that I have

Alake
    pronounced AL-LA-KAY she works in a salon in pleasant grove. Kinda of far for me but she did my friends locs and they are fly. Her number is 214-674-2586. She does natural hair and locs.

Eileen I think she will only style natural hair. You must be finished transitioning but dont quote me on that. I cant remember where she is but I believe she is in North Dallas area. Her number is 214-956-7842.

For braids try Ancestral Braiding Institute the lady there braids Badu's hair. This is in Oak Cliff I dont have the number but you can look it up on line. Hope that helps.

Good luck ladies also there is a group in Dallas that meets once a month its called Hair Days and you can meet other nappies and do each other's hair. Haven't been to that either but I think the idea is cool. And you can find out about it on line as well.

HTH :P
    Big Chop 10/15/06
    1 year nappiversary and counting!!!
    Loced Up6/5/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm going by elaine (not eileen's) this weekend for a consultation. i'll let yall ladies know how it goes. if not, maybe i need to do some corn rows.
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm going by elaine (not eileen's) this weekend for a consultation. i'll let yall ladies know how it goes. if not, maybe i need to do some corn rows.
    [/b]
    I can't wait to hear about your experience.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/BW1/"]http://public.fotki.com/BW1/[/url]
    pw: in profile

Last chemical fire cream: Dec. 9,2005
    BC: August 4,2006

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to hear about your experience.
    [/b]
    I've been to Elaine's. She's nice and it is in a nice salon location in North Dallas off of Inwood. She twisted my hair and it looked fine. If I remember correctly (it's been a few years), she does a consultation and then does your hair. It is a relaxing environment. I just do my own hair now.
    I ♥love♥ my natural hair - napps, kinks, curls and all!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/downinmn"]http://www.youtube.com/user/downinmn[/url]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast