Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been having the hardest time finding a guy that actually wants to take me out. "Kickin' it" at your house is not a date! "Kickin' it" at my house is not a date! What the hell is "kickin' it" anyway? I thought we left that behind in high school. :Angry:

Granted, it's been a long time since I had anything resembling a real date but my last 2 were with a latino and a white guy. It was out to dinner and drinks with mutual friends both times but still, not bumming around some dude's house. lol

A lot of my girls are having this problem too. Can we abolish this whole "kickin' it" thing from our minds and vocabularies? lol The only men that I ever hook up with are friends of friends of friends and each time it seems like all I get is random phone calls wondering if we can "kick it" at someone's house. lol

Although, times are hard and I may need to be 'kicked' around a little bit. :rolleyes: If you know what I mean. lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been having the hardest time finding a guy that actually wants to take me out. "Kickin' it" at your house is not a date! "Kickin' it" at my house is not a date! What the hell is "kickin' it" anyway? I thought we left that behind in high school. :Angry:

Granted, it's been a long time since I had anything resembling a real date but my last 2 were with a latino and a white guy. It was out to dinner and drinks with mutual friends both times but still, not bumming around some dude's house. lol

A lot of my girls are having this problem too. Can we abolish this whole "kickin' it" thing from our minds and vocabularies? lol The only men that I ever hook up with are friends of friends of friends and each time it seems like all I get is random phone calls wondering if we can "kick it" at someone's house. lol

Although, times are hard and I may need to be 'kicked' around a little bit. :rolleyes: If you know what I mean. lol
    [/b]

They haven't forgotten... but if some women do not require it of them, then they probably feel like they don't have to do it..... A guy who I recently met (and expressed an interest in getting to know me) kept asking me about going out and what I was going to pay for and where we would go...and he mentioned Tim Horton's. I told him I don't go to Tim Horton's (at least if somebody is getting to know me).... In other words, I'm worth MUCH MORE than Tim Horton's.... Needless to say, we didn't go out a second time.... Apparently he was able to get more for less, if you know what I mean.... But that doesn't work with me.
    [SIZE=2][color=#663366]My personal style: Bohemian Glamour![/color]

Date of last and final chemical fire cream: [color=#CC6600]September 16, 2005[/color]
    Date of Big Chop: [color=#6600CC]July 26, 2006 (10-month transition)[/color]

"I am sure that God Who began the good work in me will keep on working in me until the day Jesus Christ comes again." (Philippians 1:6; New Life Version)[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They haven't forgotten... but if some women do not require it of them, then they probably feel like they don't have to do it..... [/b]
    That's true. I feel you though, OP. I'm tired of guys asking me to chill with them. I don't want to chill, I want to go on a date. I'm not giving anyone else my number unless they're going to take me out. "If you just wanna chill or kick it, don't call me."
    [color=#660066][i]I believe your promise is too hard to give me courage.
    All with my feelings...
    the precious time seeing you.

I'm marching on...[/i]
    [b]TiA - Ryuusei (Shooting Star) - Naruto 6ED theme[/b][/color]

[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/Only1biancab/keikoxmew2.jpg[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same way. I met a guy online he lived the most 10 minutes from me. Always wanted to swing past my house after he got off from work 10-11pm at night. I finally told him I had no desire to meet a man a night. He never once mentioned drinks, dinner or even starbucks. I never met him and i feel that I am not missing out on anything.
    I don't remember the last time I had a date because of the can I come past your house? UHH no my house is not the hang spot.

[/b]

sonce Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget going out or staying in, black or white.

The real issue here is the phrase "kick it". OP, why are you fraternizing with men who use that phrase long enough to figure out they're not willing to take you out? You shouldn't be letting people talk that kind of nonsense into your ear.

Grown men should use words worthy of adults, especially when they first meet you and should be trying to impress you (any man who doesn't see you as worth impressing shouldn't be in your presence long enough to even hear your voice).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They haven't forgotten... but if some women do not require it of them, then they probably feel like they don't have to do it..... A guy who I recently met (and expressed an interest in getting to know me) kept asking me about going out and what I was going to pay for and where we would go...and he mentioned Tim Horton's.[/b]
    Oh yeah! I'm not the type to blame another woman for my not having a man but so many ladies act so damn desperate and they don't want to let these men be men. It's easy for them to take the easy way out. I'm old fashioned as far as paying goes. Who's paying for what is not up for discussion. Man buys all. And I dare him act like I owe him ****.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget going out or staying in, black or white.

The real issue here is the phrase "kick it". OP, why are you fraternizing with men who use that phrase long enough to figure out they're not willing to take you out? You shouldn't be letting people talk that kind of nonsense into your ear.

Grown men should use words worthy of adults, especially when they first meet you and should be trying to impress you (any man who doesn't see you as worth impressing shouldn't be in your presence long enough to even hear your voice).
    [/b]
    You're absolutely right but I can't make people be anything that they aren't. And I am where I am. I don't date clowns and I haven't "kicked it" with anybody. I need more grown men in my life, no doubt.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lived in NYC, Detroit & DC and I have never had this problem outside of college. I've been out with blacks, whites, latinos, american men, foreign men, "thugs" altough I like to call them "urban" men and professionals and I have honestly NEVER had this problem.

Do you plan your dates before you go on them? Before the date you decide how you're meeting up (who picks up who, are you meeting there) and what you're doing (which museum, concert, movie, spoken word, festival, etc.) and last you decide a time.
    . . . Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. . . . We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. We are all meant to shine . . . We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. . . . by Marianne Wiliamson

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you plan your dates before you go on them? Before the date you decide how you're meeting up (who picks up who, are you meeting there) and what you're doing (which museum, concert, movie, spoken word, festival, etc.) and last you decide a time.
    [/quote]

Maybe I'm just a traditionalist. I feel that a REAL man should have something ALREADY planned. I mean you've talked with each other on the phone so just from conversation he SHOULD pick up context clues as to what kind of woman you are. Where are the REAL men with REAL initiative? I'm so tied of men wanting assistance... "come on sista, help a brotha out" that's played. Maybe that's why I'm still single I refuse to met a man half way...I'm worth the WHOLE kit an kaboodle
    www.fotki.com/aquariusroyalty

How Something Starts is how it Ends!!!
    ---Deloris DeBose---

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kickin it doesn't cut it with me. I will not settle for that. If a man wants to take me out on a date, he better court me. The first words outta his mouth better be, "So, when can I take you to dinner." Pizza joints, burger king, mcdonalds or anything like that do not count.
    My fotki!
    ~small June update~

China is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I primarily date black men, and I date alot, yet I don't have that problem. I think you have to keep men from getting too comfortable too soon with you. If I think a guy is even going in the direction of hanging out at each other;s places, I steer the conversation away from that. When he says he wants to chill with you, be direct. I'll ask, "So where are we going?" or "Where are you planning to take me or is it a surprise?"

If he hints at coming over, say "No sweetie, that won't work." If he makes it an issue, just tell him that it won't work you two and wish him well.

That's definitely not a black thing, those guys are either testing you or assuming that you will go for the okey doke.
    http://public.fotki.com/ChinafromNP/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast