Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried Wild Growth Oil and it didn't seem to do too much, but it did help with a little moisture so i may keep using it for that reason. In person her hair doesn't look so bad, but when i took a pic of the back of her hair with the flash it was like bald spots everywhere. Most of her hair is on the top and that's only about an inch or so in length. I've tried all kinds of products and still feel like i'm failing. I spoke to a hair dresser who told me to just give her hair some time to come in. My mother mentioned putting extensions in her hair until it grows, but I don't know if that's too much stress on her head. She's only two years old, she'll be three at the end of the month. I just need some kind of advice on what to do for her hair. Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance to everyone who replies! I've included some links below...

1) http://www.geocities.com/serenity2892/Todd...r/STA70690a.jpg
    2) http://www.geocities.com/serenity2892/Todd...r/STA70691a.jpg
    3) http://www.geocities.com/serenity2892/Todd...r/STA70692a.jpg
    4) http://www.geocities.com/serenity2892/Todd...r/STA70693a.jpg

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her hair is just fine. Some kids just take longer for there hair to grow in. My daughter had a full head of hair that fell out around the sides and the back and grew back in even fuller. My friends daughter was bald like a white baby up until about 3 and now she has a ton of hair. I would say just braid it (no extensions) and leave it alone for as long as you can between redoing. Stop worrying! before you know it she will have too much haor for you to deal with!
    http://public.fotki.com/sweetnikki6/

how deep does it go? so deep that some would rather by a nappy weave than expose their naps because there is no way that their hair could possibly be nicer than that weave.

I have been around since 05 baby!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think her hair looks fine. She is only 2, if you want to even it all up shave it off- my neice had her head shave ( at 8 months though) itwas like your daughters now she has even hair.
    The bald spots are probably from sleeping on the back of her head and playing etc. DO NOT put EXTENSIONS in this will only exacerbate the problem. I think you should focus less on her length it will come in time, i know that there are those rapunzelesque kids who seem to be born with manes that would put a lion to shame but all children are different.

The chopping and changing of products is unhelpful since you haven't given it time. Have you tried Pure Vegtable Glycerine? This works for my neice. Also Shea Butter. What shampoo/conditioners are you using on her hair?

atlcoily is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of babies have slow growing hair, or hair that is thin in the sides and back. Just leave her hair alone and let it take its own course. Keep it clean and moisturised. and make sure she has a healthy well rouded diet w/plenty of fluids and takes her Flintstones. She can wear little plats or just let her wear her little fro. As the others have said before you know it she'll have more hair than you know what to do with. And for goodness sakes, do not put any extensions into her head. And actually at that age, I'd keep her away from the hairdressers as well.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replies so far. Right now i'm using ORS clearifying shampoo. I can't think of the exact name. I have tried to mix olive oil, shea butter oil and water to spray in her hair. It seems to help a bit. Anyway, I won't put the extension in her hair!! As far as styling goes, I braid the front of her hair instead of flat twist and I leave the back out and put on a cute headband. I guess my biggest problem is just moisture. I didn't just pick up something, try it for a week and that's it. I give it a lot more time than that. It just seems like her hair will like something at first then start to reject it later. For atlcoily...I do keep her away from hairdressers. I just asked one about it while I was getting my hair done. She was the one who told me about wild growth oil.

I'll just try to leave her hair as is and give it some time. Thanks again everyone!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would strongly suggest that you steer clear of growth products that contain hormones just to get your wee one's hair to grow. it's not worth any potential long-term, negative side effects on her health.

also, forgo the add-on hair. her hair appears to have several jagged lengths. [to me] it would look more flattering on her little face to simply cut it all one length into a neat, cute, teeny weeny afro. this way, as her hair begins to grow in faster and thicker, it will be growing in basically the same length.

my niece was completely bald all around her head, with just a tuft of hair on top until she was 3. then her head sprouted thick, lush hair seemingly overnight.

I felt so bad, but so deliciously satisfied. --gigglezk

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. -- unknown

I asked, "What is Kemi Oyl?" and she replied, "Kemi Oyl." Then I asked, "What is a Kemi?" She read the bottle, then said she didn't know. "Maybe a plant."
    --Drizzle

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check her diet

Up the fruits and veggies

especially avacado and berries

cutting to a uniform length is a thought and give her scalp massages weekly with a little olive oil

do not wash with product , 2 yr olds should have dirty hair anyway
    <div align="center">[SIZE=2]<div align="center"><span style="color:#009900">Treat your body as good as you treat your hair
    [url="http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/index.php"]RAW FOOD TALK[/url]
    tell them lifeAgift sent you </div> [/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter just turned 2 and I was having issues with her hair just a year ago. Eczema took her hair out when she was about 5/6 months all around the edges and bout near completely in the back and I had issues growing it back in...she had a headfull of thick hair previously. It has grown back in thinner but it has grown. Her hair doesn&#39;t retain moisture much neither. Since I had issues with her eczema flaring up there wasn&#39;t much I could use on her hair. I washed it with African Black soap from Medina until recently now I use a really mild baby wash/shampoo combo from Walmart (parent&#39;s choice I think) that seems to be working.

I don&#39;t put much on her hair. I either cornrowed it or flat twisted it while it was still wet and that seemed to help her hair retain moisture. I would use castor oil in between styles and still do so now. My mother told me to rub her scalp and I&#39;ve been doing that also. My mom says the best thing to do with a child&#39;s head to help it grow is to leave it alone so I usually style it and leave it alone two to three weeks at a time. It has been a slow process but I have grown her hair back in a lot and it is starting to get a little bit thicker. Her edges have come back in completely, long enough to get into a ponytail with the rest. I rarely put her hair in ponytails though (1 or 2 days out of a month) and when I do I always cornrow or flat twist the edges to protect them from being pulled. A lady that used to keep my kids would put little twists/coils in her hair with castor oil when it was like your daughter&#39;s length (my daughter only had hair on top the rest was fuzz at that point) and leave her hair be for a few days before redoing it and I noticed a difference in her hair after about a month of that. I&#39;m goign to try to find some pictures of when her hair was shorter and how it is now so you can see what I mean. I have to go simple to accomodate for her eczema otherwise I&#39;d have more product recommendations.

7 months old---all the hair you see is all she had

Her hair @ 18/19 months

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXTENSIONS........GOOD LAWD :unsure:

I&#39;m no expert, and I don&#39;t even have a girl (my baby is a boy, but he&#39;s 16 now)
    but I think extentions in a young childs&#39; head is just too much!
    Just remember she&#39;s only 2/3 yrs. old. Looks like you are doing a good job
    taking care of her hair. I&#39;d say let it go.........keep doing what you&#39;re doing and the
    benefits will pay off.
    I LOVE my NAPPZ :) !!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just say no to extentions.

My baby cousin&#39;s hair was just like that. Her hair didn&#39;t start kicking in till she turned 3 1/2.
    Some baby&#39;s hair just grows really slow.

WGO isn&#39;t really good for moisturizing. Have you tried StaSofFro?
    :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast