Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I'd put some pics out here of my hair/locks, I've shied away from it for a long time, as I'm not too big on having pics of me on the net. However, I know how much I've appreciated the various blogs, forum pictures and general information that others have been good enough to share, so.......

Pic 1, my re.laxed hair, there was maybe 3 or 4 inches of natural hair at this stage that I'd blow dried straight.
    Pic 2 hair put into tiny plaits, I had it in the plaits for about a year, played with latching and various hair care regimes over this time.
    Pic 3 a slightly clearer view of the plait sizes

<div align="center"> </div>

Pic 4 day 1 of my Sisterlocks....... You can see that some of the length has gone from a combination of the re.laxed hair breaking (I used NO moisturisers during the plaits phase) and a trim I had just before the Sisterlocks were put in. Hmm.... looking at those ends now, maybe not enough of a trim......

<div align="center"></div>

I had my SLs for about 6 months now, so I&#39;ll have to take some more upto date pics at some point. I&#39;m now curious to se the change myself as I not much of a camera person I&#39;ve not taken any pics since they were first done.

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pics.....Lookin forward to seeing your progress with sister locs....!!!!
    http://images.meez.com/user03/03/03_10028544768.gif
    <span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Love Is The Ultimate Self-Expression
    </span> "You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." -Dave Barry

Lovin the.......Loced Life 04/14/08-2 years loc&#39;d
    Time for Change January 11, 2009
    Back to loose hair!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pics!

Nappylo
    Ignorance caused me to live the LYE Now that I know better, I no longer have to fry!
    (Recovering Creamy Crack Addict )
    2/25/05

5/08

7/12/08

Nappylo
    http://public.fotki.com/nappylo/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks M*5, Nappylo. Seeing those pics has nudged me to take pics more regularly

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that&#39;s a lot of braids!! Your hair looks great I can&#39;t wait to see more. Hey are you teasing us??

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW!thanks for the pics...so, you went from bl&#39;s to sl&#39;s? how long did you keep the bl&#39;s? and why did you switch up? just curious! how do you like your sl&#39;s? how do you like to wear them? so thin, so pretty!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Back2myroots, I am so poor with a camera that I&#39;ve not taken many pics, I&#39;m determined to take some this weekend as I&#39;m now curious to see the difference six months on.

WoW!thanks for the pics...so, you went from bl&#39;s to sl&#39;s? how long did you keep the bl&#39;s? and why did you switch up? just curious! how do you like your sl&#39;s? how do you like to wear them? so thin, so pretty!
    [/b]
    Mochalite, your generosity in sharing information put me to shame :blush: so I pulled these pics together.

I&#39;d pretty much made my mind to have SLs before I put the plaits in. As the intention was to have them for a while as a sort of &#39;test run&#39; to see if I could live happily with the SLs, I also experimented with various things to see how they would work out

Tiny plaits
    larger plaits
    latchlocks large/small/medium
    different latching patterns
    different periods of time between latching.

As you can imagine with all this experimenting there were some sorry looking locks as well as some that worked out well. I also wanted to see how the different textures actross my head behaved with the different methods of locking. With all these experiments along with general uneveness of parting sizes it did need to be redone properly, particulary the front as my hair didn&#39;t take to the sizing and &#39;hair care regime&#39; (I use the word &#39;care&#39; loosely) I&#39;d used at all.

I have to say, I did seriously think about redoing it myself in smaller and more even braidlocks, but it took so long the first time I couldn&#39;t face all the undoing then redoing myself, so I made up my mind to just treat myself to having someone else put in the work particulary as I expect it to be a one off as my current thinking is to be locked for life.

All in all if for any reason I were to get a second set of locks, I&#39;d go for braidlocks. I do love the SLs, particulary the tiny sizing of the locs, though I suspect I&#39;ll be doing some combining a couple of years down the line. And I really can&#39;t deny, my eyes turned a little green when I saw your BLs. so I still have some ambivalence in my mind when I try to decide on my preferance between the two .......

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[
    you&#39;re so sweet. I was a mess when I did my bl&#39;s. I was paying locticians for a holding session on my sl&#39;s, then I would cncl. i was all over napp.com emailing people. one day sl&#39;s the next bl&#39;s and on and on. IN the end, I liked the fullness of Tra&#39;s Bl&#39;s at month 3/4 and the curly q&#39;s they drew me in. It seem/ed the sl&#39;s people took a while to get to that look, so I went with it.

all in all, I lost 125 dollars and did them myself.lol.all of that to realize loozing control was my dominating fear that I just could not let go of. Atleast I KNOW my issues. :lol: i still gawk over sl&#39;s..so I feel like i have the best of both worlds by gawking at the albums and conversing with the sl&#39;s....I tried to get a locticians to interlock my new growth from my bl&#39;s in sl patter-she wouldnt even address it-and i wasnt even going to address taking out 3 days work of bl&#39;s...so here i am weeks later.
    i really like your sl&#39;s! i&#39;m glad you decided to share. i lurked on napp.com for 2.5 yrs bf i got an album for the same reason-if others were helping me-i had to give back too. the anonymity thing is cool, we only wanna see your hair anyway.lol!

DeBe
    [/quote]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:Angry: I just wrote a reply and the gremlins threw it away! Second time lucky....

you&#39;re so sweet. I was a mess when I did my bl&#39;s. I was paying locticians for a holding session on my sl&#39;s, then I would cncl. i was all over napp.com emailing people. one day sl&#39;s the next bl&#39;s and on and on. IN the end, I liked the fullness of Tra&#39;s Bl&#39;s at month 3/4 and the curly q&#39;s they drew me in. It seem/ed the sl&#39;s people took a while to get to that look, so I went with it.

all in all, I lost 125 dollars and did them myself.lol.all of that to realize loozing control was my dominating fear that I just could not let go of. Atleast I KNOW my issues. :lol: i still gawk over sl&#39;s..so I feel like i have the best of both worlds by gawking at the albums and conversing with the sl&#39;s....I tried to get a locticians to interlock my new growth from my bl&#39;s in sl patter-she wouldnt even address it-and i wasnt even going to address taking out 3 days work of bl&#39;s...so here i am weeks later.
    i really like your sl&#39;s! i&#39;m glad you decided to share. i lurked on napp.com for 2.5 yrs bf i got an album for the same reason-if others were helping me-i had to give back too. the anonymity thing is cool, we only wanna see your hair anyway.lol!

DeBe
    [/b]
    Thanks for the compliments on the locks :blush:

I can empathise with your &#39;loss of control&#39; issues it was also my biggest problem when trying to decide about having the SLs. In the end it was the time factor that made up my mind to have someone else do them for me, though I only got as far as the first follow-up session, I&#39;ve been maintaining myself since then. I just found the whole &#39;do as I say without explaination or question&#39; approach inappropriate at my age, particularly when it&#39;s my money and my body under discusion. So far its working out ok, though I&#39;m still learning. At some point I&#39;m hoping to find someone to tighten mine from time to time, though that may be a bit of a challenge in the UK.

I&#39;m surprised at the locition refusing to tighten your hair using the SL method, As far as I know, the sizing, parting method and locking pattern, plus being put in by a SLs trained person is what constitutes &#39;Sisterlocks&#39; per sae, so while your&#39;s wouldn&#39;t be "SLs" strickly speaking, I can see be no reason one of the locking patterns couldn&#39;t be used...... a rose by any other name, right?

Would it be possible to to find a loctiion who does other types of locks including latching and SLs? Maybe someone who has a wider knowledge of locing wouod be able to help you out,

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks girl, I spose&#39;
    as a natural, i&#39;ve never trusted my hair to anyone. i&#39;m toooo picky. if all is well, i have issues with the time constrictions..i really, really cant stand being confined to tight time frames that work out for a providers schedule-when I&#39;m the client, paying the money, it SHOULD be the other way around..and time and time again, when I gain a level of comfort, that&#39;s the NEW issue and I go nevermind...thus I&#39;ve embarked on this journey and equipped my mind body and soul my own dern self.lol! From what i&#39;ve learned I AM latching via the pattern of the sl method..but not truely since
    1. i&#39;m not certified
    2. i dont have &#39;the special tool&#39;
    3. I have bl&#39;s!lol!
    4.my partings are not like sl&#39;s

in 2 years or more...we will see...but there&#39;s many sl&#39;s wearers interlocking their hair in the pattern I&#39;m doing, so I&#39;m not sweating the small stuff.

i really like interlocking my hair-there&#39;s something therapeutic and empowering about it to me and relinquishing that to someone who may tell me,&#39; you need to redo,&#39; this isnt going to work...&#39; like I read over and over would make me clock out on somebody-i always wonder about the sincerity or the game-bc we ALL know they make more money if they incapacitate us and convince us we need something THEY have.

like you, i practiced with bl&#39;s the weekend b/f my sl appt and said, nope, i&#39;m not sitting through undoing and redoing this head...life is 2 short..it will work out in the end...it&#39;s funny we all get at the end of the road on different paths-but we do get to the end of the road...cant wait to see what that end looks like! but glad to be traveling on it! keep us posted!and thanks for &#39;listening&#39; to my issues!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast