Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay the product junkie in me is coming today. For those who use or have used both Curls and Qhemet products....HELP! Should I try the Curls whipped cream, Curls milkshake, or Qhemet Sidr Tree Butter Balm? (I'm trying to limit myself to one) My hair type is 4-b. When listing which product I should try next please list your review of the product.

Thanks!
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/MonicaAnderson22"]Fotki[/url]

knharde is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess since everyones hair is different, I would recommend getting sample or trial sizes first. (You can get a 2 oz size directly from Qhemets, and Sistas Place sells sample sizes of Curls). With the exception of 1 product (Ecstasy Hair Tea Condish), I hated most Curls products and loved pretty much everything by Qhemet. Alot of people have the opposite experience. Do you use Curls products or Qhemets right now?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess since everyones hair is different, I would recommend getting sample or trial sizes first. (You can get a 2 oz size directly from Qhemets, and Sistas Place sells sample sizes of Curls). With the exception of 1 product (Ecstasy Hair Tea Condish), I hated most Curls products and loved pretty much everything by Qhemet. Alot of people have the opposite experience. Do you use Curls products or Qhemets right now?
    [/b]

No. I've tried Qhemet Olive & Honey Balm and Alma heavy cream. I liked them both but the cream was too heavy to use alone and the smell of the Olive & Honey made me sick to my stomach. Her products did keep my hair moisturized all day. I guess since I had a good experience with these two products I will go ahead and have confidence in her Sidr Tea Tree Balm.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/MonicaAnderson22"]Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Heavy Cream was too heavy for you, I suggest the Sidr Tree Butter Balm. I use it, and it's GREAT!

I don't think the Curls products would provide enough moisture for your hair. However, I am a fan of the Milkshake.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I've tried Qhemet Olive & Honey Balm and Alma heavy cream. I liked them both but the cream was too heavy to use alone and the smell of the Olive & Honey made me sick to my stomach. Her products did keep my hair moisturized all day. I guess since I had a good experience with these two products I will go ahead and have confidence in her Sidr Tea Tree Balm.
    [/b]
    Yeah I'm going to say the Qhemet if smells bother you. I think the curls product have a vanilla fragrance, but I'm not sure.

The amla cream was too heavy for me too, but the sidr balm was great

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't suggest on the othe products, but the sidr balm is great. I love that stuff and it smells good.
    Natural since 1998.
    Member on Nappturality since 2003
    Proud NOTM May 2005

http://www.facebook.com/jazitones?ref=name

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Heavy Cream was too heavy for you, I suggest the Sidr Tree Butter Balm. I use it, and it's GREAT!

I don't think the Curls products would provide enough moisture for your hair. However, I am a fan of the Milkshake.
    [/b]
    I agree. Though Curls products smell good and the Milkshake makes my hair soft, it doesn't help in retaining moisture...and I've actually found that the products make my hair so soft, it counteracts with my frizz and makes it worse (particularly when the products are layered).

From my experience, Qhemet products don't require layering and help lock in moisture for days. Apparently, my hair loves the heavy creams, as opposed to products with lotion-type consistency.
    <div align="center">"I don't follow the crowd...I lead it."
    Last CFC: 9/10/05
    Napptural since 8/6/06

Pink since 6/07!
    Fotki updated 10/19/08
    </div>

Syb is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried products from both lines and all I can say is that because everyone&#39;s texture here is different it is kind of hard to really tell how Curls Milkshake, Curls Whipped Cream or even Qhemet&#39;s Sider Balm will work for you.

I have fairly thick, natuturally dry curly hair, so I have used both the Curls Whipped Cream and Milkshake, and from Qhemet I have used their Honeybrush Hair Tea Gel and Karite Nut Curl Milk, and Amla Heavy Cream.

With Curls Whipped Cream here&#39;s how it reacted with my hair:

1. I found the product to be very heavy.
    2.It added a lot of weight to my hair.
    3. I found it to work best in my hair with Curls Quenched Moisturizer.
    4.I would always have to emulsify it real well in my hands before applying it.
    5. I could only apply it in small amounts to my hair, in order to keep my curls from taking on a greasy or overly shiny appearance.
    6. It did help to give my hair a more elongated appearance to it.
    7. I only mainly use it during the Winter Season.

With Curls Milkshake here&#39;s how it reacted with my hair:

1. It is a very creamy lotion.
    2. It works best for my hair when paired with Curls Quenched Moisturizer.
    3, It naturally helps to relax my hair better than Curls Whipped Cream.
    4. It only adds a bit of weight to your hair, but nothing really substantial.
    5. Makes my hair feel very soft.
    6.I have used it as both a leave-in and styler with basically no problems at all.
    7. I can use it all year round if I wish.

And with Qhemet&#39;s products here&#39;s how they reacted to my hair:

1. With Qhemet&#39;s Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, I like it&#39;s moisturizing qualities, but over time it does cause buildup issues in my hair no matter how little I would apply to my hair. I would always pair it with Qhemet&#39;s HoneyBrush Hair Gel, which is a good gel for the WinterTime in my hair. But if I use the HoneyBrush Hair Tea Gel at any other time of the year, I get no real frizz protection with it. And with Qhemet&#39;s Karite Nut Curl Milk(the old version), I didn&#39;t like that stuff at all! It left white flakes in my hair, and didn&#39;t do a very good job at moisturizing my hair at all.
    Lover of Self, Lover of Hair, Lover of Life
    "Curls Tester"
    Current length: BSL
    Goal Length: Waistlength

BayCurls Guest

My hair is 4-b
    I also have tried both lines & find that CURLS works best for me.

Initially I did not like the whipped cream because it was so thick & I didn&#39;t emulsify before making twists so I had build up...so I put CURLS to the side

Then I tried Qhemet amla heavy creme, sidr butter balm, & honeybush gel... moisture great, but then my twists didn&#39;t hold that well & they would get frizzy quick, I also wear my hair in twistouts most of the time & it would be poofy.

So I revisited CURLS, I used the whole line the cleansing creme, Curl ecstasy, quenched moisturizer, then whipped cream. Very pleased... my twists/outs look great, have moisture, hold, no frizz, great definition & my results are consistent. Then I got milkshake which I use to refresh my twists/outs mid week... so bomb... Oh & I love products that smell good but don&#39;t have alot of unneccesary chemicals... Bingo!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to be the voice of non-reasoning, but i say buy them all! (sorry, my inner pj is showings its hiney)
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast