Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been nappy for a little over a year now. I know there has to be more Nappies than Superstar, Carmenc and myself. But everytime we try and start and NC gathering, no one replies and things never work out. Now I know we all have some time off coming up with the holidays and the new year...even if you don't celebrate those days. Let's try and do something together....somewhere....anywhere!!! These other cities are making us look real, real, ....what's the word...um...PERMIE...YEAH PERMIE. LIKE CFC JUNKIES!!!!!!
    Now we know that ain't true. So let's show out and reperesent the Nappies and NC!!!! Hope to hear from someone soon

NAPP ON!!!
    "Don't hate your hair for what it's NOT, appreciate it for what it IS ."

tonyelle is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right. We suck! :lol: Well, let me rephase that, I do. It seems like I can't get to a gathering to save my life! I always have something to come up or the timing isn't right. I haven't met or made friends (other than email buddies) what another nappy stranger in person. I would like to get together and do something. When is the question. I am up for suggestions too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right. We suck! :lol: Well, let me rephase that, I do. It seems like I can't get to a gathering to save my life! I always have something to come up or the timing isn't right. I haven't met or made friends (other than email buddies) what another nappy stranger in person. I would like to get together and do something. When is the question. I am up for suggestions too.
    [/b]

uuummm, NappSoul I tried.... I asked you where you were in NC on your fotki page...
    Anyway, someone put it together, I will come. Last one that was at Bahama Breeze was a bust. I think one person showed up. If we do it, we need to exchange #'s so that we can keep in touch.....
    I know I can always get w/ some of my friends as a lets get together night, but I don't know what is up w/ us NC nappies.... :unsure:

Grace and Peace,
    ~FeLee~
    pw = november when locked

http://www.fotki.com/felee

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uuummm, NappSoul I tried.... I asked you where you were in NC on your fotki page...
    Anyway, someone put it together, I will come. Last one that was at Bahama Breeze was a bust. I think one person showed up. If we do it, we need to exchange #'s so that we can keep in touch.....
    I know I can always get w/ some of my friends as a lets get together night, but I don't know what is up w/ us NC nappies.... :unsure:
    [/b]
    Did you girl? Well, the last get together that I knew about was a few months ago and I knew I couldn't make it. But I believe it was still hot. That why I said let me rephrase that and say I suck. When you have a child, it's hard to get away unless I bring her with me....which means I can't socialize like I want. Seems like my timing is always off. I wanted to get together in fayetteville, but it didn't happen, so I guess I gave up after that.

The holidays are really busy time and I would have to know in advance if we plan on meeting somewhere. New years may be a possibility, depending on where we could meet. Any suggestions?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello ladies I would love to get together and meet other nappies. I feel so alone (lol just teasing) just let me know when and where and I will try to be there. The only days for this month that I have free are this Saturday and Sunday next Friday and 1/2 a day Saturday and nothing else until after Jan3rd.
    My Webpage Love sees no color only people.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't celebrate Christmas so any weekend would be good for me. I would have to be given enough notice to get someone to sit with the children though. BTW I love Bahama Breeze. Sounds OK to me. Or any bar/restaurant that's not to crowded and/or ghetto
    "Don't hate your hair for what it's NOT, appreciate it for what it IS ."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I think NC has the largest group on here next to the NYC nappies. I always notice when people mention the QC or RDU. Anyway, I have to steal NappSoul's words now to describe myslef, because I actually suck at gatherings. I've only been to 1 and it was to the Sugarwater Festival in Charlotte. I had a great time too. Other than that I always anticipate going and something comes up. I'm one of those that people are talking about when they post "THREE PEOPLE SHOWED UP! :Angry: NOW WHERE WERE THE REST OF YA'LL!!!" :lol: I suck I know. If you all meet before the end of the month, I know I can't be there, I'll mostly likely be out of town but in the new year.... I'm game. Hopefully. :blush:

Eta: Peaches had a thread about using gatherings as a community service opportunity not to long ago. It think that's a great idea, if anyone wants to get that ball rolling.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fftop: Ok Mrs. Whitley gilbert, you are too cute in your avatar! I love it!

Back on topic. I know I do a lot of running around during the holidays and there is no telling where I will be around xmas. New years I don't have any major plans, but I do want to be home for the brining in the new year. But that doesn't mean I'm not down for meeting early that weekend or sometime afterwards. Maybe if we can get enough to plan something out in advance it may just work. (and not broke at the time)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fftop: Ok Mrs. Whitley gilbert, you are too cute in your avatar! I love it!

Back on topic. I know I do a lot of running around during the holidays and there is no telling where I will be around xmas. New years I don't have any major plans, but I do want to be home for the brining in the new year. But that doesn't mean I'm not down for meeting early that weekend or sometime afterwards. Maybe if we can get enough to plan something out in advance it may just work. (and not broke at the time)
    [/b]

Hello ladies!! Im in the cary area and i would love to get together... Im kinda new, well i grew up with natural burnt hair, my grandmother burnt it. Then college came and i did the no no.... to make a long story short i cut my relaxed tresses off in June and the naps are free!! I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anything gets planned, i need friends... lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can a transitioner slip in here too?

i'm an NC gal. we're in temp housing in spring lake due to a housefire at our house in fayetteville.

the entire year for me and my family has been a difficult one but goodness knows i'd love to meet my NC neighbors.

hopefully we'll be settling with the insurance company soon re: the house, after that we'll have to make major decisions on whether to rebuild there or move elsewhere - then actually move.

eventually my life will be settled enough in time for the next nappgathering - i'd sure love to go.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast