Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dreamyb@Feb 17 2004, 09:47 AM
    i guess no one else reconstructs their clothing :-?

i was hoping to see more from the crafty members :smug
    he he he :lol I really understand you....I started this thread, and I have not yet posted some ideas, but I will....I have some few things I´ve re-done, and some hats I´ve crocheted....I´ve already taken pics of the hats, and will take other pics, hopefully today....Keep this thread going....I really love to see what people have come up with....So far, it´s great! :app :thumbsup
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is so talented The redos look awesome !!! Must the great vibes through our naptural living I'm working on hats and other accessories. I love to cross various types of fabrics and redo patterns to see what comes up.

..Soleil

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...cute stuff...creative ideas...

...I have some reconstruction of clothes going on....I just don't have pictures yet.....no digital camera so the process takes a little longer...but I'll be posting soon...

....all those web sites y'all posted are very helpful....I tend to make things harder than what they should be and the sites just broke it down for me....thanks...

Dreamyb Guest

okay, i'm going to keep this rollin'

i made a hair accessory out of felt, a generic click clack and a glue gun.

i hope this isn't off topic
    :tiptoe .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Dreamyb..naw that's not off topic at all. As a matter of fact its GREAT. I've noticed a few folks wearing flowers in their hair and I wanted to join the trend too, but I wanted to be a little different. My mom is a great crocheter and she crocheted me two little flowers using the really thin yarn. Now I just have to figure out how to put them in my hair. Anyway good work.

I really wish I had a digital camera to show you guys the stuff that my mom crochets. She's a bad sista shut yo' mouf!! Whenever I get one I will bombard this section with photos to give you already creative sistas more motivation.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dreamyb@Feb 18 2004, 01:35 AM
    okay, i'm going to keep this rollin'

i made a hair accessory out of felt, a generic click clack and a glue gun.

i hope this isn't off topic
    :tiptoe .
    That is a wild flower.... :thumbsup How did you make it?? And how does it stay on your head? :-? That is definitely not off topic...... It´s about things you have redone...anything from clothes to hats to shoes, furniture etc.. :thumbsup

fftopic You have a very nicely shaped head and a nice profile......
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003

Dreamyb Guest

Question

oh, ok.

i wasn't sure if it was on topic because the felt was new. heh heh
    when i think of reconstruction i think of things that were used previously (old clothing, belts, scraps of fabric...).

the flower was made by cutting five pieces of felt (any shape you like, i chose circles for fullness). pinch a small section of the inner portion of the circle into a v shape and then stitch it so it holds the shape. repeat this for the rest of the felt. then arrange them however you like to form your accesory. sew this arrangement together and there ya go.

i used four circles to make the flower and used the fifth circle to cover up the back of the flower. the backing provided a base for the click clak.

i just used a glue gun to attach the clak to the back. you can sew it though for more security.

oh yeah, the orange,brown and yellow oval shaped felt in the center were just added with a glue gun. this can be sewn on as well.

this would make a cute flower pin as well if you aren't into hair accessories. oooh, maybe a choker too! just add it to a piece of thick ribbon. mayne, the ideas are flowing :lol

thanks for the compliment uzuri :razz since my hair is growing a bit faster on the sides i just attach the clip to that lil' bit of hair that i have. lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cute flower dreamy...

I've wanted to make one for quite sometime but cant seem to get around to it...

I love reconstructing stuff, I have a bag 'o projects to do, but there just aren't enough hours in a day... I've made a few skirts, did one of those halter Tee's courtesy a la Honeychild, and I've made a few other odds and ends...it's so much fun if you have the time...plus you know NO ONE else will have one but you!!!!!!!

------------------------------

You Tube loc tuturials

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dreamyb@Feb 18 2004, 09:44 PM
    oh, ok.

i wasn't sure if it was on topic because the felt was new. heh heh
    when i think of reconstruction i think of things that were used previously (old clothing, belts, scraps of fabric...).

the flower was made by cutting five pieces of felt (any shape you like, i chose circles for fullness). pinch a small section of the inner portion of the circle into a v shape and then stitch it so it holds the shape. repeat this for the rest of the felt. then arrange them however you like to form your accesory. sew this arrangement together and there ya go.

i used four circles to make the flower and used the fifth circle to cover up the back of the flower. the backing provided a base for the click clak.

i just used a glue gun to attach the clak to the back. you can sew it though for more security.

oh yeah, the orange,brown and yellow oval shaped felt in the center were just added with a glue gun. this can be sewn on as well.

this would make a cute flower pin as well if you aren't into hair accessories. oooh, maybe a choker too! just add it to a piece of thick ribbon. mayne, the ideas are flowing :lol

thanks for the compliment uzuri :razz since my hair is growing a bit faster on the sides i just attach the clip to that lil' bit of hair that i have. lol
    Thanks for the intructions....I´ll write them down...I love flowers on my hair or clothes! By the way, it´s not only about making from something old...Just the idea of having something or buying it for that matter, and then re-making it either in a small or big way so you have a different thing/ look....I took more pics today, and my hubby promised to post them for me some time tomorrow....I hope the digi-cam will not jam like it did another time... :huh
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I had my hubby transfer the pics to the PC, but I cannot figure out how to post them.....How do I do that?
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast