Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Ladies, some time ago, there was a member who sent pictures of some clothes she had vamped up! It was a lovely jeans skirt, and it was the bomb! (she can post that again!) Anyone else who has re-done old or new clothes to something more interesting, or different? Not just clothes, but hats, or accessories...Let´s have some pictures! I´ll also try and take pics of some things I have vamped up...We might help each other out with ideas... :thumbsup Don´t be shy...somebody might benefit from your idea....
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made the bags and matching accessories. The denim & cowrie cuff w/leather ties shown with the pentagon bag was actually made to go with the sueded cotton bag and matching headband. I haven't figured out a way to sell the stuff yet. But it's fun to put fabrics you think compliment each other and then start to sew to see what comes into fruition. Making bags came real easy to me, just think of a cross and sew the edges or study one of your favorite styles and go from there.

Sorry no clothes, but you said accessories :-cre

More pics of bags are in the little house. Come on ladies, bring it on, I need some ideas for t-shirts other than that ripped look or the safety pin thing.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's a t-shirt idea... i cut the neckband away from the back of the shirt, and cut the sleeves into straps that i tied behind my back.

& that's all i have to say about that. ;)

13 consecutive nappy years: fro/locks/fro. i *heart* my hurr.

"Be good at what you do. And don't embarass your people"
    --Aaron McGruder

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awww sooky sooky now!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh -- that quilt cover on the bed has a lot of old clothes in it, too ;o)
    & that's all i have to say about that. ;)

13 consecutive nappy years: fro/locks/fro. i *heart* my hurr.

"Be good at what you do. And don't embarass your people"
    --Aaron McGruder

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow.....both the bags and that shirt are seriously cute....too bad i have no talent when it comes to stuff like that....
    ~How many fools will I let unlock the door to my heart, when I know that they shouldn't have had the key~ Hot Tequila Brown- Jamiroquai (Dynamite)

~This can never really end, its infinitely sad...can someone tell me when something good became so bad...so if you have a cure, to me would you please send...a picture of my life with a letter telling how it should really be instead~Picture of My Life- Jamiroquai (A Funk Odyssey)

Dreamyb Guest

here is my contribution to the reconstruction revolution.

i had an enormous sized black star tee that was looking tired so.... i cut it up the sides removed the sleeves and made it a bit smaller. i sewed it all back together once i decided what size would work for me and added slits on the sides to give it a kindergartener's art aprony type of feel. the long sleeved shirt underneath just works right now for me since it's a bit chilly over here.

teekdawg, i'm feelin' that cowrie cuff as well as your purses

honeychild, the i *heart* nyc is cute as well as your comforter

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's two sites that I frequent. When I gather my others together I'll post them for you.

http://www.getcrafty.com/
    http://www.ohmystars.net/

Dreamyb Guest

oh yeah, here are some additional links (sugasoul just brought this to my attention with her post) that i visit from time to time

http://www.livejournal.com/community/t_shirt_surgery/

http://www.livejournal.com/community/refashion/

http://www.stencilrevolution.com/homepage.php

http://www.livejournal.com/community/craftgrrl/

there are many ideas to be found through these communities :cow:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by teekydawg@Feb 8 2004, 08:14 PM

I made the bags and matching accessories. The denim & cowrie cuff w/leather ties shown with the pentagon bag was actually made to go with the sueded cotton bag and matching headband. I haven't figured out a way to sell the stuff yet. But it's fun to put fabrics you think compliment each other and then start to sew to see what comes into fruition. Making bags came real easy to me, just think of a cross and sew the edges or study one of your favorite styles and go from there.

Sorry no clothes, but you said accessories :-cre

More pics of bags are in the little house. Come on ladies, bring it on, I need some ideas for t-shirts other than that ripped look or the safety pin thing.
    Wow! I´m getting quite excited! :razz I didn´t think there would be some post so soon! Skills girl!!! I love the second bag especially...more like my style........I´ve never made a bag yet, though I´d been wondering how to go about it coz I got a beautiful dark velvet material form my sis-in-law. I had planned to make a cusion cover but changed my mind...I´m holding on to it til I find the best thing to use it for..... :thumbsup

The denim cowrie cuff is cute too!
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast