Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,
    I've been using flax seeds and flax gel lately and I was just wondering if there's a way to minimize the mess and maximize the gel.
    I usually boil water and then add flax seeds to steep. When it get gooey I pour the gel and seeds into an old stocking and squeeze out as much gel as possible. The problem is most of the gel sticks to my fingers and doesn't go into the lotion/hair tea/hair concoction I'm making. Is there a cleaner/more efficient way to separate the gel?
    Thanks!
    CkT

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I boil the seeds until they just begin to get gooey - like snot. Then I strain the mixture while is still hot. It's still liquidy at that point and easy to strain. If I put it in the fridge, it gels up. Or I immediately add it to whatever mixture I'm making. HTH.
    My Fotki site
    pw: brownkinks
    The Rebel: His very way of being is rebellious - not because he is fighting against anybody or anything, but because he has discovered his own true nature and is determined to live in accordance with it. The eagle is his spirit animal, a messenger between earth and sky. The Rebel challenges us to be courageous enough to take responsibility for who we are and to live our truth.
    -Osho Zen Tarot

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you grinf into a fine powder using your food processopr then mix with olive oil or other hair products of choice???
    <div align="center">[SIZE=2]<div align="center"><span style="color:#009900">Treat your body as good as you treat your hair
    [url="http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/index.php"]RAW FOOD TALK[/url]
    tell them lifeAgift sent you </div> [/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you grinf into a fine powder using your food processopr then mix with olive oil or other hair products of choice???
    [/b]
    If you grind up the flaxseed, you&#39;ll end up with small pieces of flaxseed in your hair. It&#39;s best to simmer or steep the whole seeds and strain the mixture. I have pics of the process in the May 2005 (year 2) album of my Fotki. http://public.fotki.com/Spiral/two_y..._two/may_2005/ pw: brownkinks
    My Fotki site
    pw: brownkinks
    The Rebel: His very way of being is rebellious - not because he is fighting against anybody or anything, but because he has discovered his own true nature and is determined to live in accordance with it. The eagle is his spirit animal, a messenger between earth and sky. The Rebel challenges us to be courageous enough to take responsibility for who we are and to live our truth.
    -Osho Zen Tarot

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great suggestion! I will def try this. Thanks!!
    CkT