Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey yall,

Ok, so after reading the 2 other threads, I was feeling a little left out, lol. My hair is NOT thick. It is NOT dense, it has no definition (other than in the back). My hair mostly resembles cotton candy. I KNOW I ain't the only one out there with hair like this. So if you have fine, thin hair that easily straightens, PLEASE check in. My hair and I are NOT loving each other right now. Something about the poofiness this month is just getting on my everlasting LAST NERVE! :Angry:

Off the top of my head, I know 2 people with hair almost EXACTLY like mine: Anais Karim and Kari Marie.

Tell me what your routine is:

How often do you wash?

Do you no poo or use shampoo?

How do you wear your hair on a day to day basis?

Do you have to do anything to it at night?

What's your favorite style?

Do you wear twists?

As your hair gets longer, does it get straighter?

Thanks in advance ladies, seeing others responses, might stop me from doing a 3rd big chop, cuz I'm TOTALLY not feeling my hair right now.

For reference, this is what my fluffy hair looks like in a puff/fro.Taken earlier this summer

Also when I wash my hair this is what it looks like without detangling it:
    Member since 2002
    Np will ALWAYS be home!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How often do you wash?
    I co-wash every 2 weeks

no poo

mostly afro puffs when I'm busy but sometimes i'll do a frohawk or some flat twists

i do about 10 big twists and use a leave in cond and a light oil to moisturize the ends.

What's your favorite style?
    my fav style is mid center afro puff.

Do you wear twists?
    not yet

my hair will straighten out around the nape and front, if i use oil and lay it down with a scarf at night.

<div align="center"> My Fotki Album </div>
    "Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed. The Lord has made everything for his own purposes"... "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. " Proverbs 16:3-4,9

http://i32.tinypic.com/2n68zk7.jpg

http://images.meez.com/user03/3/9/3/...ot_175x233.gif

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey yall,

Ok, so after reading the 2 other threads, I was feeling a little left out, lol. My hair is NOT thick. It is NOT dense, it has no definition (other than in the back). My hair mostly resembles cotton candy. I KNOW I ain&#39;t the only one out there with hair like this. So if you have fine, thin hair that easily straightens, PLEASE check in. My hair and I are NOT loving each other right now. Something about the poofiness this month is just getting on my everlasting LAST NERVE! :Angry:
    Off the top of my head, I know 2 people with hair almost EXACTLY like mine: Anais Karim and Kari Marie.

Tell me what your routine is:

How often do you wash?

What&#39;s your favorite style?

Do you wear twists?

Thanks in advance ladies, seeing others responses, might stop me from doing a 3rd big chop, cuz I&#39;m TOTALLY not feeling my hair right now.
    [/b]
    I think I belong here...feel free to point me in the right direction though if my pictures say otherwise

how often do you wash? I co-wash every other week and deep condition between those

do you no poo or use shampoo? I no poo
    how do you wear your hair on a day to day basis? I love me some twists!
    do you have to do anything to it at night? other than tie it down....nope!
    what&#39;s your favorite style? even though I don&#39;t wear it much...my favorite style is an afro
    as your hair gets longer, does it get straighter? yes it does and it&#39;s pretty frustrating!
    My little girl is here!

[url="http://www.baby-gaga.com/"][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunsrd20070305_-8_Khadeja%20is.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/lovelynapps/"]fotki pictures[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, :unsure: I&#39;m really not sure where I belong. I posted in the C-napp thread but I&#39;m not sure I am one.

My hair looks like Babysoft and Anaiskarim, although my hair doesn&#39;t go as straight as hers or yours natitwists. When I roller-set it when wet, it goes completely straight, when I twist it or braid it, after I pull it out, its somewhat straight. I don&#39;t wear puffs often b/c the front of my hair flops over, even straight out of the shower.

Please take a look in my fotki and let me know if I belong to this group of nappies. Please.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your hair looks just like mine when I have a stretched out puff, just like a big cotton ball. I just started locing my hair 3 weeks ago but before locs, this is what I did-

How often do you wash? Once a week

Do you no poo or use shampoo? I use shampoo specifically Oyin&#39;s honeywash

How do you wear your hair on a day to day basis?I usually wear twists

Do you have to do anything to it at night? I tie it up at night, when I would occasionally wear it out, I would put several braids in my hair then tie it up.

What&#39;s your favorite style? I like the afro puff but I rarely wear them as my hair tends to break badly if it is out more than 2-3 days.

Do you wear twists? Always

As your hair gets longer, does it get straighter? I think it would if I was able to retain more length.

Know when to let go of those things which do not serve you, but force you to serve them

- Aryadeva

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heeeeeeeeeeey! Thin, fine haired nap here!

How often do you wash?
    If it is out, at least every other day, but always at least 3-4 times a week.

No poo most of the time - only poo with diluted Dr. Bronners after a deep conditioner.

Typically in a wash and go, unless I&#39;ve been inspired and twisted my hair.

My hair needs to be in large twists and braids at night, otherwise detangling in the morning is not fun.

What&#39;s your favorite style?
    Twistout in the front, with twisted out hair pulled into an updo in the back.

Do you wear twists?
    Every once in a while when I get in the mood I&#39;ll twist my hair, but typically I&#39;ll wear them pulled back. Since my hair is not very full, my twists are spacey.

It doesn&#39;t get straighter, but it straightens easier (meaning I can just brush my hair fairly straight, and my rollersets end up looking more like i flat ironed)
    Nappiversary: 12/7/02... Hair type: Distinctly mine

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wash once a week.
    I alternate between no poo and shampoo.
    I wear a twist out, my twists aren&#39;t full enough.
    I either tie my hair down or retwist. If I tie my hair down, I pull at it in the morning to fluff it up.
    I only wear twistouts, looking to venture into other styles.
    As it gets longer, the twistouts look better and I use less product.
    "In heaven all the interesting people are missing" Nietzsche

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COol beans.. Good to know I&#39;m not alone, there aren&#39;t many of us, but we&#39;re out there!

I guess I can answer my own questions now, lol :
    How often do you wash? I generally wash my hair once a week to every week 1 1/2 weeks

Do you no poo or use shampoo? 5 years strictly no poo

How do you wear your hair on a day to day basis? Puffs mostly, with some design in the front. My hair looks better in a puff and I can maximize on the fluffy factor.

Do you have to do anything to it at night? I just wear a bonnet. If I attempt to twist or braid, it will be a straight, limp mess in the morning.

What&#39;s your favorite style? Puff

Do you wear twists? Occasionally. Although I only like them when my hair is really short or longer. This in between stage isn&#39;t going well as far as twists are concerned.

As your hair gets longer, does it get straighter? Yes. I found that after my hair gets to 10 inches or so, it starts to straighten more and does not want to puff at all. Although the twists and twistouts look better as the hair gets longer.

Umm, :unsure: I&#39;m really not sure where I belong. I posted in the C-napp thread but I&#39;m not sure I am one.

My hair looks like Babysoft and Anaiskarim, although my hair doesn&#39;t go as straight as hers or yours natitwists. When I roller-set it when wet, it goes completely straight, when I twist it or braid it, after I pull it out, its somewhat straight. I don&#39;t wear puffs often b/c the front of my hair flops over, even straight out of the shower.

Please take a look in my fotki and let me know if I belong to this group of nappies. Please.
    [/b]
    The way you describe your hair, sounds like you belong over here. I just looked at your pics and your hair looks thick and lush! :wub: Looks like you&#39;re a mix between a C-napp and a fine napp too. Regardless, your hair is gorgeous!
    Member since 2002
    Np will ALWAYS be home!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way you describe your hair, sounds like you belong over here. I just looked at your pics and your hair looks thick and lush! :wub: Looks like you&#39;re a mix between a C-napp and a fine napp too. Regardless, your hair is gorgeous!
    [/b]
    Ok good. So I&#39;ll answer the questions now.

How often do you wash? Every 2-3 days

Do you no poo or use shampoo? Both. Every other day, I no-poo. My scalp is a mess though, so I have to shampoo at least once a week to take care of that.

How do you wear your hair on a day to day basis? I usually twist it up but they only last a week at the most.They frizz like crazy. I&#39;m lazy :P so I&#39;m trying to find a style that will last at least a month in my hair without re-doing.

Do you have to do anything to it at night? Not usually, just throw on a satin bonnet and go to sleep. If on the rare occasion I have my hair loose, I braid or twist it into about 6-10 sections then put on my satin bonnet.

What&#39;s your favourite style? I love my twist outs but they don&#39;t last very long and if I do try to push it, my hair rebels and gets very tangled <_<

Do you wear twists? Yup, though I rarely wear them down. I usually put them up like in my avatar.

As your hair gets longer, does it get straighter? The front does, I can&#39;t wear a BAA because the front just flops over because it&#39;s so much straighter then the rest of my hair and it just doesn&#39;t look right. :lol: My twist outs are looking better with more length though.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey yall,

Ok, so after reading the 2 other threads, I was feeling a little left out, lol. My hair is NOT thick. It is NOT dense, it has no definition (other than in the back). My hair mostly resembles cotton candy. I KNOW I ain&#39;t the only one out there with hair like this. So if you have fine, thin hair that easily straightens, PLEASE check in.
    [/b]
    Awww shucks. I thought this was gonna be my nap-posse on NP. You can tell my hair (when it is stretched) is fine AND thin, but in its shrunken state it&#39;s clumpy and packed tightly to my head (major shrinkage) and therefore takes too much work to get it straight. *sigh*
    last cfc 11/2001|last bc: 3/20/2006|growth rate .3"/mo|fine & thin haired nap w/ curl definition

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast