Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....does witch hazel work? does anyone have any reviews on that.....

....oh! and where can i find rose seed hip oil...i'm interested in trying a new skin regimen

vnatural is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....does witch hazel work? does anyone have any reviews on that.....

....oh! and where can i find rose seed hip oil...i'm interested in trying a new skin regimen
    [/b]

Witch hazel only made my skin feel refreshed. Did nothing for acne. As for where to find rose hip seed oil, either the healthfood store or snow drift farms(website) I got mine from snowdrift and it was 4 oz for 19 dollars(including tax).

http://www.snowdriftfarms.com
    BLAKPHOENIX

Nappy hair is pelo bueno! Ya heard!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the simplicity of this routine.

that tonic seems like a skin treat so i think i'll make a batch of it myself. question though-- how long does this keep? does it need to be refrigerated or should i just use this up within a week?

also, i've been wondering where to purchase clay soap and i noticed you listed it. so, where do you go for this and is it purely clay or is it mixed with some other ingredients?

thanks for sharing this NappilyInLove ^_^
    [/b]

It keeps for awhile..you dont need to refrigerate it... clay soap you can get from the health food store...

kinkykea is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obagi, combined with Retin-A.

It's expensive, but oh-so worth it. I've only been using the system for a month, and it's done more for my skin than any other product I've used, and I've tried pretty much everything, including black soap, proactiv, shea butter, aloe vera, etc. The whole routine is a little time-consuming and you do have to go through a rough stage, but when it gets better, it gets a lot better.
    [/b]

How long did the rough stage last?

Obagi, combined with Retin-A.

It's expensive, but oh-so worth it. I've only been using the system for a month, and it's done more for my skin than any other product I've used, and I've tried pretty much everything, including black soap, proactiv, shea butter, aloe vera, etc. The whole routine is a little time-consuming and you do have to go through a rough stage, but when it gets better, it gets a lot better.
    [/b]

Also, which products in the Obagi line did you use? That stuff is kind of pricey so I want to buy only the essential products. Also, how often did you apply the Retin-A?
    After almost three months, I've finally uploaded my May June & July Updates: http://public.fotki.com/Kinkykea/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ Rough stage for me lasted about 2 weeks. During that time, my skin was tight, itchy, and peeling. I still get some peeling, but it's not enough for me to feel self-conscious about it.

I use all the products in the line (though I will cut down quite a bit when I switch to the 'maintenance' phase). The essentials, IMO, are Clear, Blender, Retin-A, and (most importantly) sunscreen. You don't have to use Obagi's sunscreen, but you do need a good one with a high SPF. Obagi is expensive, but I would definitely recommend you use it under a doctor/estethetian's (sp?) supervision if at all possible b/c you can seriously eff up your skin if you're not careful.

I use Retin-A (.1%) once a day, in the evenings.

Check out the forums on makeupalley.com and essentialdayspa.com for more info/review of Obagi.

HTH.
    ~ Last re.laxer 7.99 ~ Chop 7.00 ~ Locs 2.03 ~

[B]"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne[/B]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ Rough stage for me lasted about 2 weeks. During that time, my skin was tight, itchy, and peeling. I still get some peeling, but it's not enough for me to feel self-conscious about it.

I use all the products in the line (though I will cut down quite a bit when I switch to the 'maintenance' phase). The essentials, IMO, are Clear, Blender, Retin-A, and (most importantly) sunscreen. You don't have to use Obagi's sunscreen, but you do need a good one with a high SPF. Obagi is expensive, but I would definitely recommend you use it under a doctor/estethetian's (sp?) supervision if at all possible b/c you can seriously eff up your skin if you're not careful.

Check out the forums on makeupalley.com and essentialdayspa.com for more info/review of Obagi.

HTH.
    [/b]
    Thank you for your quick response. I did some research on Obagi and the Nu-Derm line also includes a Toner, Cleanser and Exfoderm. Did you use these as well? If not, what cleanser/moisturizer do you recommend?

HTH.
    [/b]
    Also.. have you taken before/after pics of your results?
    After almost three months, I've finally uploaded my May June & July Updates: http://public.fotki.com/Kinkykea/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I splurged and decided to get Clarins entire skincare line. I love the way that it makes by skin feel. I used to use it a couple of years back, but I cut my expenses and that was the first thing to go. Cetaphil worked well as a cleanser but I don't like to mix product lines and the moistuzer and sunscreen didn't work for me.

I also have an appointment with the dermatoglist(sp) once a year. I use duac in the morning and retin a every other night except when I plan to have facial waxing done.

When I eat right (no fast food, very little dairy and red meat, brown rice, pasta, bread, plenty of fruits and vegatables, chicken and fish), drink lots of water, exercise, get 8 of sleep, remove my makeup before working out and bed and manage my stress levels and anxiety attacks by doing things outside of work, I have very few flareups or breakouts.

When I don't do any one of the above, I can feel zits forming and all I can do is wait it out and use Lustra for any dark marks that develop after I pick at a pimple.

My big thing now is to silken my skin. I never been able to dry body brush for more than a week so I'm open to any exfoliation methods.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've also used Obagi in the past and it was like a dream. But the downside was that I was given a tremendous amount of hydroquinone to use(3 bleaching products, 4% each). But my skin was even and acne free.
    BLAKPHOENIX

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've also used Obagi in the past and it was like a dream. But the downside was that I was given a tremendous amount of hydroquinone to use(3 bleaching products, 4% each). But my skin was even and acne free.
    [/b]
    I noticed you said you used it. Is there any reason you stopped? If so, what do you use now and did it maintain the results you were getting from Obagi

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I stopped because I hated the use of all of the bleaching creams. Now, I maintain my skin with OTC products, such as Black Opal fade serum, grapeseed oil and rosehipseed oil. To tell you the truth, the Black opal fade serum peels spots just as the retin A treatment did, and I don't have to use it all over my face. Plus the level of hydroquinine is not high. Grapeseed oil is the best oil for shrinking pores and toning out the skin. I've used it since Sept and my skin glows and is even without having to use fade cream all over my face. I also use sulfur masks and salicylic acid wash and just maintain my skin. I only experience minor breakouts due to hormonal changes. Over all, my routine works great for me.
    BLAKPHOENIX

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast