kinkykea is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I stopped because I hated the use of all of the bleaching creams. Now, I maintain my skin with OTC products, such as Black Opal fade serum, grapeseed oil and rosehipseed oil. To tell you the truth, the Black opal fade serum peels spots just as the retin A treatment did, and I don't have to use it all over my face. Plus the level of hydroquinine is not high. Grapeseed oil is the best oil for shrinking pores and toning out the skin. I've used it since Sept and my skin glows and is even without having to use fade cream all over my face. I also use sulfur masks and salicylic acid wash and just maintain my skin. I only experience minor breakouts due to hormonal changes. Over all, my routine works great for me.
    [/b]

Would you say that the Obagi is a good start? Then after getting the desired results start an OTC regimen?
    After almost three months, I've finally uploaded my May June & July Updates: http://public.fotki.com/Kinkykea/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that my daily dose of zinc (50 mg) may have been the key for me. I'm not sure since I was doing a few more things in the beginning (including aloe vera gel). But I think that was the thing that really made a difference. When I do get a pimple (and mine are usually whiteheads), I put a pretty hot washcloth on it to open the pore and get rid of the gunk. This works really well and I don't squeeze them and make a mess. Then, I use Nelson's Acne Gel to dry up the spot completely. This method has resulted in little-no scarring.
    http://public.fotki.com/michelle1908/ - Updated 2.8.11

http://michelle1908.blogspot.com/ - Updated 6.1.11

BC - 8.22.10 | Loc Journey Began - 1.1.11

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have bad skin with pimples and blemishes. One thing that really turned it around was getting rid of all those harsh, drying, irritating cleansers and moisturizers , do more frequent exfoliation using natural ingredients and stop touching my face with my hands.

My skin always looks great when I follow this routine twice a day:
    -wash with Cetaphil gengle skin cleanser using a plain white face cloth and warm water
    -use plain witch hazel on a cotton pad to tone
    -moisturize with a light plain, fragrance free, non-comodegenic, paraben and preservative free dermatologist recommended moisturizer made for sensitive skin called Vanicreme

once or twice a month i do a facial scrub using regular table sugar and fresh lemon juice as a paste that i let harden and scrub off.

I also avoid touching my face if my hands haven't been freshly washed to prevent spread of bacteria that causes breakouts.

Thats it! I'm very happy with this routine because not only is it very inexpensive but the results are the same if not better than what i would achieve using some high priced skin care system. The only time i get a pimple now is right before i get my period but thankfully they disappear without leaving a mark.
    New hair album
    Updated 4/30/07

Old album
    R.I.P 5/16/04 to 5/16/06

vnatural is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you say that the Obagi is a good start? Then after getting the desired results start an OTC regimen?
    [/b]

It's a good start if you have really bad hyperpigmentation and acne. If you have mild acne and your skin is not too uneven, then an OTC product will help fine.
    BLAKPHOENIX

Nappy hair is pelo bueno! Ya heard!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obagi, combined with Retin-A.

It's expensive, but oh-so worth it. I've only been using the system for a month, and it's done more for my skin than any other product I've used, and I've tried pretty much everything, including black soap, proactiv, shea butter, aloe vera, etc. The whole routine is a little time-consuming and you do have to go through a rough stage, but when it gets better, it gets a lot better.
    [/b]
    before n after pics?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

before n after pics?
    [/b]
    No B/A pics yet. However, I will say that after a month, I've already gotten two compliments on my skin . . . that has never happened to me before in my LIFE.
    ~ Last re.laxer 7.99 ~ Chop 7.00 ~ Locs 2.03 ~

[B]"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne[/B]

vnatural is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those curious about Obagi....the system actually works. It evens out your skin due to bleach and sunscreen and all acne stops due to retin A usage. Your skin is smoother, feels dewy moist and is even toned and looks great. It is quite expensive though and does require the usage of high amounts of hydroquinone. The percentage of hydroquinone is 4%.This system is great for those with severe hyperpigmentation(when hydroquinone is needed) and severe acne. By severe hyperpigmentation I mean if your skin is VERY uneven, spotty, blotchy and if acne covers every inch of your face. But even if you have mild acne or mild hyperpigmentation, it will improve the look of your skin.

Hydroquinone is given because Retin A can cause hyperpigmentation of the skin. It is also given to prevent redarkening of uneven areas.
    BLAKPHOENIX

Nappy hair is pelo bueno! Ya heard!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I hope I am on the way from bad skin to gorgeous skin. I have finally realized that my skin loves Clinique. Nothing else seems to work. Actually when I use other stuff it gets worse. I never had major skin issues until I stopped using Clinique and began exploring cheaper and even natural products. Since using Clinique twice a day everyday and exfoliate every night, I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin within the last 2 weeks. It is finally clearing up! All it needed was Clinique and consistency. Tomorrow I will begin using the Acne Solutions Cleasnsing Foam in order to speed up the process and assure no to few future breakouts. The oil used on my locs can be heavy and irritating at times. I have learned my lesson and will never ever stray again.

http://www.clinique.com/templates/products...skincare-_-Acne
    [b]Big Chop March 28, 2003
    Wore twa, twist, two-strand twist, and puffs
    Began locs April 2, 2005

Almost 4 yrs nappy and lovin' every moment!!![/b]

[url="http://www.tickercentral.com"][img]http://www.tickercentral.com/view/28rt/1.png[/img][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not gorgeous yet but it's well on it's way. My before and after pics can be found here.

I hope that shows because it might require membership.

Anyway, no prescriptions. Nothing expensive. A simple regimen and Nature's Cure tablets to address the internal imbalance. Up the water.

There's other stuff I did/used too, but I can say that horrrrrrrrrrifying skin is a thing of the past. And for 10 bucks a month! I really hope this helps someone.

~mc~
    <div align="center">[url="http://www.fotki.com/7moonchild"]pix[/url] & [url="http://www.hair2heaven.com/myblog.htm"]thoughts[/url]</div>
    [url="http://theblogbore.wordpress.com/"]another boring blog[/url] ")
    <div align="center">[color=#CC0000]~[SIZE=2]Look not outward, for the answer that lies within[/color].~[/SIZE]</div>
    <div align="center">May 1991: Got my degree in naturality. No transition, no return.</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It&#39;s not gorgeous yet but it&#39;s well on it&#39;s way. My before and after pics can be found here.

I hope that shows because it might require membership.

Anyway, no prescriptions. Nothing expensive. A simple regimen and Nature&#39;s Cure tablets to address the internal imbalance. Up the water.

There&#39;s other stuff I did/used too, but I can say that horrrrrrrrrrifying skin is a thing of the past. And for 10 bucks a month! I really hope this helps someone.

~mc~
    [/b]
    It didn&#39;t show up :-(

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast