Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACV as facial toner, Black Soap to wash, and Olive Oil as moisturizer have been working out great for me - and they're simple/cost effective to boot!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    ^^ yeah at first i didn't think it was working. i was ready to give up but i said i need to stick with it at least another month because i knew my skin was terrible. i mean i had acne since i was like 12/13 and now i'm 29. didn't think it would clear up overnight (i was hoping though, lol). so i stuck with it and i am so glad i did. i started Jan 19th and i say that by march my skin really was looking great. so much so that one of my friends commented "what have you been doing to your skin, it looks great. you look great".

my skin went through the purging phase. now its in the adjusting and healing phase. the purging phase i had some serious big nasty pimples. this adjusting and healing phase is more the little pimples and blackheads clearing out and the dark marks trying to fade. but its way way better than it was.

Ditto on oil cleansing. I've had acne since I was about 13 and I'm 24 now. Oil cleansing with castor oil has made my skin look the best since I started breaking out. I still get pimples (possibly from touching my hair and then my face ), but they're smaller and don't stick around as long and the ones I pick (bad, I know) don't leave marks for long. That's another great thing. All the dark marks I've had have faded so significantly. I'm not sure if this has happened overtime or if it's the oil, but it must be the latter, since these things were quite content to sit on my face and not fade.

I've been cleansing since last year, maybe around November. I, too, thought it was not working at first, but I had to keep at it. I was discouraged and dropped from daily to thrice-a-week cleansing. Even this produced results. Several months later (like this year Feb), I noticed my skin just looked so much better than usual and my mom noticed it, too. I had a flight attendant randomly tell me I had "gorgeous skin" in January, so it may have been working then .

I've been doing it daily since about March and now sometimes twice a day.

I tried Proactiv, but damn, I'm lazy. It worked quickly, but this twice daily 3-step stuff was easy to slack off on. It would have continued to work, however, oil cleansing is so much easier and I can do it in the shower. It will be an indefinite part of my skin care regimen.
    For moisture, I usually use EVOO or a mixture of EVOO, aloe vera gel (GNC brand), and glycerin. Makes my skin glow . I don't always need to moisturize, though. My skin is often tight after cleansing, but sometimes I'll put nothing on afterwards and it'll feel good all day.

tl;dr- Oil cleansing with castor oil is amazing. My skin looks the best it has in 12 years and my dark marks are going. I've been on it since Nov 2012.
    Last edited by Ororo; 05-30-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ glad to see i am not the only one.

i was having issues with oil cleansing because i switched the brand of oil i was using. i mean it was making me break out worse than i ever had. i had to go back to the old brands i was using (hobe and aura). my skin is so damn sensitive and picky. seriously. i was using sweet almond oil but it wanted those specific brands of sweet almond oil and no other would do.

because my skin is so damn sensitive this is why i don't do make up. i don't even want to take the chance.

i went back to my old brand and it is doing so much better. the break outs are clearing up fast. and now the old dark marks are starting to clear. even when i do get a pimple it clears up so fast i don't get dark marks.

i oil cleanse with sweet almond oil 2 times a day. i moisturize with sweet almond oil and aloe vera. 2 times a week i do an all natural mask. that is about it. in addition to eating better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

using ACV as a toner works wonders! I do it twice a day after washing my face then follow up with an oil or butter to moisturize

The ACV helped to:
    even out skin tone
    shrink pores
    personally, I've experienced hardly any breakouts when sticking to it

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug13 View Post
    The Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel has been helpful to me. The dark spots I have are steadily becoming lighter.
    I'm still using the FOTE gel. I now use Dove beauty bar for sensitive skin, witch hazel as a toner, and the FOTE gel as an all over moisturizer. I'm going to start using baking soda as a weekly exfoliator.
    I haven't used FOTE, witch hazel, or Dove on my face in quite some time.

Lately, I've been using organic coconut oil to cleanse my face, as well as to moisturize. It really gets off any makeup. If I want to use a commercial product to cleanse, I'll use Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask for a mask, or Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Foam Wash. I've been using the Clear Pore mask since college, and it's my go-to when I'm having a breakout. I've only been using the Cetaphil for a couple of months. It gets the job done, but I'm on the fence about repurchasing.

For a DIY mask, I've used tumeric, almond milk, and flour to reduce old dark marks. It was pretty good. For a DIY exfoliating scrub, I've used brown sugar, honey, olive oil, and lemon...or organic coconut oil and baking soda.

I have some ACV. I'll look into trying it as a toner. Right now, I use aloe vera gel or I may use alcohol and I really want to dry out some blemishes. I believe I've always had moderate blemishes, due to unhealthy diet, not drinking enough water, or using makeup that would cause me to break out.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honk I've found my staple routine:

Cetaphil cleanser (either the daily one or the gentle version), followed by witch hazel and diluted tea tree oil as a toner (I tend to skip this step in the morning and only do it at night) and the Cetaphil moisturizing cream.

I've started using Origins, and I really like the Out Of Trouble mask and the Clear Improvements mask. Out Of Trouble has sulphur, zinc oxide, and camphor and is designed to reduce current breakouts. The Clear Improvements has active charcoal in it and is designed to focus on clearing out blackheads and whiteheads. I've also ordered the Origins Drink Up 10 minute mask, which is designed to add hydration back to the skin. So far, I've been using the Out of Trouble and Clear Improvement masks individually once a week.

For exfoliation, I just add some baking soda to my Cetaphil. I got a sample of Origins Modern Friction exfoliator and really liked it and plan to purchase a full bottle soon. It uses rice starch as the exfoliator.

I haven't used FOTE, witch hazel, or Dove on my face in quite some time. Lately, I've been using organic coconut oil to cleanse my face, as well as to moisturize. It really gets off any makeup. If I want to use a commercial product to cleanse, I'll use Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask for a mask, or Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Foam Wash. I've been using the Clear Pore mask since college, and it's my go-to when I'm having a breakout. I've only been using the Cetaphil for a couple of months. It gets the job done, but I'm on the fence about repurchasing. For a DIY mask, I've used tumeric, almond milk, and flour to reduce old dark marks. It was pretty good. For a DIY exfoliating scrub, I've used brown sugar, honey, olive oil, and lemon...or organic coconut oil and baking soda.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it matter what brand of black soap that I use?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678