Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never used to pick at my face. Now, from just the last year and a half I have these black spots all over from picking at my face. My skin tone is all uneven also. Has anyone here successfully cleared these marks up? What was your routine?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obagi, combined with Retin-A.

It's expensive, but oh-so worth it. I've only been using the system for a month, and it's done more for my skin than any other product I've used, and I've tried pretty much everything, including black soap, proactiv, shea butter, aloe vera, etc. The whole routine is a little time-consuming and you do have to go through a rough stage, but when it gets better, it gets a lot better.
    ~ Last re.laxer 7.99 ~ Chop 7.00 ~ Locs 2.03 ~

[B]"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne[/B]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have serious acne...black spots and uneven skin tone...I used Nature's cure for face and body...I used Ambi for the black spots and uneven skin tone (I know people say this stuff is the devil...), and now I use African black soap and a little cocoa butter at night...In the day time I use Oil of Olay...
    Natural-Ree
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
    Chinese Proverb.

vnatural is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black opal fade serum is good for targeting dark spots(you will see the spots literally peel off with this serum, great stuff. Hydroquinone in it and retinol as well as kojic acid). I also rub some rose hip seed oil and grapeseed oil all over my face afterwards.
    BLAKPHOENIX

Nappy hair is pelo bueno! Ya heard!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tea tree oil is really helping my skin out...I have oily skin,and acne really be taking it's toll...but here is my regimen..that is really clearing my skin up

Wash face with Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Oil Liquid Soap...or a natural soap like aloe with vitamin e,clay soap or black soap...
    Then I use my facial tonic..that I made myself...
    I made it using

1 cup spring water
    4 oz aloe vera juice
    4 oz rose water
    5 drops lavender e.o.
    6 drops tea tree e.o.
    Combine all in pot..heat gently....when it gets warm..cool completely then put in clean bottle
    Put small amount on cotton ball and put on face..
    Then I will put some moisturizer on...
    If I have some pimples..i will put some tea tree oil on a q-tip and put on my pimples..dries em up..so i dont have the urge to pick....
    ^_^

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use African Black Soap and Rose Hip Seed Oil. The black soap helps balance the oil, get rid of acne, and fade dark spots. The Rose Hip Seed Oil has high concentrations of natural Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C, and Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. The natural Retinol does not burn or irritate the skin like unnatural ones. The Rose Hip Seed Oil fades dark/age/acne spots and it has anti aging properties.
    <div align="center">http://i43.tinypic.com/29qo8p4.jpg
    "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." ~Mohandas Gandhi</div>
    <div align="center">Crisp CoCo </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have serious acne...black spots and uneven skin tone...I used Nature&#39;s cure for face and body...I used Ambi for the black spots and uneven skin tone (I know people say this stuff is the devil...), and now I use African black soap and a little cocoa butter at night...In the day time I use Oil of Olay...
    [/b]
    whats so bad about ambi products?

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Black soap and shea butter (or vit E oil) did it for me. Also washing with a white wash cloth ONCE and then putting it in the wash and using a fresh washcloth everytime I wash my face made a HUGE difference. (a wet washcloth is a bacteria breeding ground)

- Tania :afro:

Dreamyb Guest

...or a natural soap like aloe with vitamin e,clay soap or black soap...

Then I use my facial tonic..that I made myself...
    I made it using

1 cup spring water
    4 oz aloe vera juice
    4 oz rose water
    5 drops lavender e.o.
    6 drops tea tree e.o.

Combine all in pot..heat gently....when it gets warm..cool completely then put in clean bottle
    Put small amount on cotton ball and put on face..
    Then I will put some moisturizer on...
    [/b]
    i like the simplicity of this routine.

that tonic seems like a skin treat so i think i&#39;ll make a batch of it myself. question though-- how long does this keep? does it need to be refrigerated or should i just use this up within a week?

also, i&#39;ve been wondering where to purchase clay soap and i noticed you listed it. so, where do you go for this and is it purely clay or is it mixed with some other ingredients?

thanks for sharing this NappilyInLove ^_^

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel has been helpful to me. The dark spots I have are steadily becoming lighter.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast