Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take issue with the bolded part. My locks are not sisterlocks, they are what are considered quite large in the US but probably medium sized in my country and they can be styled easily and you can see from my fotki that they can be quite elegant.

I'm sorry to butt in but there seems to be the sentiment that smaller = better, more acceptable and easier to style. While people are free to have preferences, large locks can be beautiful, sexy AND elegant.
    [/b]

:clap: :yes: Thanx Empress!!! I read that and felt a little negativety rising up. And didn't want my words to come out negative. I just decided to keep it moving. You put it greatly. Thanks again!!!

CarmenNC thanks for the breakdown. They are truly the same in the end. The beginning is the only difference.

Be blessed my Sistah's and Brotha's in whatever path you choose to take.

*Chosen*
    22 MONTHS AND COUNTING! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY!

http://public.fotki.com/Chosenblessed/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ bajanempress: Yeah. I let that one go cause she new here. <_<
    *Peace be still...*

Please note friends that, personal preference aside, a LOC IS A LOC IS A LOC. Little, big, smooth, fuzzy - it&#39;s ALL locs regardless of the moniker you CHOOSE to put on them. And the best locs, in my own personal opinion, are the ones that are clean and smell fresh.

Peace,
    Nyckei

<div align="center">[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/NyckeiXXIV/thequiet-1-1-1.jpg[/img]</div>
    <div align="center">[url="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/NyckeiXXIV/revolution-1.jpg"]SHHHHHHHHHHH....[/url]</div>
    [SIZE=2]"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." ~Mohandas Gandhi~[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have heard of people getting SLs and then combining their locs to get that more "traditional" look. That is an option.
    Fikir Bandinet!!! [/i]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any who, thanks carmennc. i dont quite understand the part thing because a part is a part, right? lol. to make a large part, you mean to take a large clump of hair?

I take issue with the bolded part. My locks are not sisterlocks, they are what are considered quite large in the US but probably medium sized in my country and they can be styled easily and you can see from my fotki that they can be quite elegant.

I&#39;m sorry to butt in but there seems to be the sentiment that smaller = better, more acceptable and easier to style. While people are free to have preferences, large locks can be beautiful, sexy AND elegant.
    [/b]
    yea i stalk a few who have larger locks on youtube (the chick who does the MAC make up tutorials and the chick who did the bee-hive tutorial). i :wub: their locks but im not sure if the size is what i want... hence my desire to go small. if i change my mind later, ill go to something to start the combining process
    current stats: locked, shoulder length; started from loose napps past shoulders
    Dec 26 2004: last re.laxer

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m sorry to butt in but there seems to be the sentiment that smaller = better, more acceptable and easier to style. While people are free to have preferences, large locks can be beautiful, sexy AND elegant.
    [/b]
    Thank you because you said it a helluva lot nicer than I would have. <_<

*Waving at Nyckei* Hey girl! So good to see you the other night!

^ This is my happy place

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OFF TOPIC!!

*Hey Friend!!! Imagine this topic popping up after the other night... :lol: *

Okay. Back to the regularly sched program...
    <div align="center">[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/NyckeiXXIV/thequiet-1-1-1.jpg[/img]</div>
    <div align="center">[url="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/NyckeiXXIV/revolution-1.jpg"]SHHHHHHHHHHH....[/url]</div>
    [SIZE=2]"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." ~Mohandas Gandhi~[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITA with all you ladies about size. One of the reasons why I sometimes lurk but hardly speak in the locs discussion. I think we should show a more unified front. Of course everyone has the right to there opinion and to wear whatever size,shape, or style of loc they choose but we face enough oposition and struggle from the "outside" to go off on that my locs are better than yours in here. bajanempress, NyckeiXXIV, and Nappilocs have said this more elegantly than I could, but lets stop this. No offense to whoever posted the remark, ive seen these comments by enough people on here to step out of lurk mode and say something

......as you were
    PROUD TO BE PANK!
    [SIZE="3"]
    Come together right now...over me ~
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can create the illusion of fullness with thin hair by making the lock parts smaller. If you have an area that is thin, use smaller parts in that area.
    [/b]
    ^^
    This is exactly what I did. My nape is the thinest part of my hair, but I made my locs bigger and more spacey back there, I didn&#39;t want to have to maintain sooo many locs. I made the locs smaller and less spacey the further you go up my head so as to appear really full. I guess my size is comparible to creyole&#39;s.

I think that the poster who made the comments about smaller being sexier is stating their opinion. Sometimes people with non-traditional locs feel like traditional locers look down on them, b/c they don&#39;t have the bob marleys (thick,freeformed) and what not. So, the coin is flipped both ways. We all catch flack, even from our own. (Maybe not that blunt) :unsure:

I&#39;ve heard a few women say to me that If they were to loc, they would get them small. Sometimes people don&#39;t realize what styling options are available to thick locs. I&#39;m always checkin out Fauryn and Shawnta&#39;s tutorials and they have thick gorgeous locs, and can style them better than most. I&#39;ve seen so many beautiful freeformers, organic locers on this site and other sites that blew me away. Lack of knowledge is a sad thing.

Now, on the flipside, I like bigger locs for men. I think it is sexier. :wub: So, I can see how some people may define loc size w/ femininity or masculinity. I just think one can form their opinion, and there&#39;s really nothing you can do but overlook it.
    <div align="center"> My Fotki Album </div>
    "Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed. The Lord has made everything for his own purposes"... "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. " Proverbs 16:3-4,9

http://i32.tinypic.com/2n68zk7.jpg

http://images.meez.com/user03/3/9/3/...ot_175x233.gif

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Sometimes people with non-traditional locs feel like traditional locers look down on them, b/c they don&#39;t have the bob marleys (thick,freeformed) and what not. So, the coin is flipped both ways. We all catch flack, even from our own. (Maybe not that blunt) :unsure: "

I agree. I remember telling a locked sister that I was getting sisterlocks. She said "forget that! Just get the real thing." even though I said they were REAL dreadlocks.
    [/quote]
    God is faithful

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I combined my sisterlocks as well because I didn&#39;t want to maintain that many locks myself. I also didn&#39;t care for how tiny my locs were looking so I combined them and I am so much more happy with how my hair turned out. So to answer one of the posts...Yes sisterlocks can be combined.

Trina
    http://mstrina02004.blogspot.com
    Thanks,

Trina

[url="http://mstrina02004.blogspot.com/"]http://mstrina02004.blogspot.com/[/url]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast