Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like discerning and breaking down song lyrics

and erykah badu's song "orange moon" i figured out.. but where does the "orange" come into play? does the color orange has spiritual significance?

p.s.- i know i'm not explaining into details what the song means, but i'm sure some of the ladies that follow the same spiritual path (or knowledgable of it) as erykah knows what she's talkin about.. i just have this quick question and need a quick answer. thx in advanced..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Sis,

I LOVE that song, it makes me want to be in love!!! :wub:

Orange is a color associated with the sacral chakra which is the center of emotion and creativity; orange is also known, in color therapy, to stimulate creativity and increase pulse rate w/o influencing blood pressure. It strengthens the etheric body and is the color of ideas and emotional health.

An orange moon is created by a lunar eclipse in which the earth comes between the moon and the sun. As sun light comes around the earth and hits the moon, the moon reflects orange in color. Meditation during this time is said to help one achieve greater feminity and achieving better balance between masculine and feminine.

I don't know why sista Erykah chose those lyrics but I would think it has something to do with a relationship in which his masculine does not seek to overtake her feminine but to complement it totally. As a result, the love creates greater emotional health and a more spiritual bond between man and woman. (But that's just my interpretation). I can't wait to see what others think.

Peace, Love, & Light.
    In an oppressive system, an educator is either an oppressor or a revolutionary (Lerone Bennett)

my weight-release journey

http://public.fotki.com/dasweetstcypha/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Sis,

I LOVE that song, it makes me want to be in love!!! :wub:

Orange is a color associated with the sacral chakra which is the center of emotion and creativity; orange is also known, in color therapy, to stimulate creativity and increase pulse rate w/o influencing blood pressure. It strengthens the etheric body and is the color of ideas and emotional health.

Peace, Love, & Light.
    [/b]

My NP name is Sacral because it is the name of my unborn child. I couldn't give birth because of my health and she wasn't able to make it , so her father and I named her Sacral because she lived in my womb.....The sacral chakra.

Additionally, I am a daughter of Oshun and her father is a child of Shango. The moon and sun.

An orange moon is created by a lunar eclipse in which the earth comes between the moon and the sun. As sun light comes around the earth and hits the moon, the moon reflects orange in color. Meditation during this time is said to help one achieve greater feminity and achieving better balance between masculine and feminine.

I don't know why sista Erykah chose those lyrics but I would think it has something to do with a relationship in which his masculine does not seek to overtake her feminine but to complement it totally. As a result, the love creates greater emotional health and a more spiritual bond between man and woman. (But that's just my interpretation). I can't wait to see what others think.
    [/b]
    ITA. Which is another reason why I named my unborn child Sacral. The name represents the union of her parents and the energy she was conceived in (love).

Erikah Badu's songs wasn't necessarily the reason why I came up with the idea. I practice Ifa and researched it's connection to Hinduism at the suggestion of a Hindu friend from South India, then from there got into studying the spiritual reasons behind yoga ( I know......seems like that's a little all over the place :lol: but one connection led to another one, etc.....).

I first used the word to describe me. After my failed pregnancy, I thought it was the perfect name for my baby.

I do love the song, though, because she's talking about my daughter . That's why the song's first phrase is in my siggy.

My child was an orange moon :wub: .

- Sacral
    Sacral

I'm an Orange Moon......Child of the Moon and Sun

I found God within myself, and I love Her. I love Her" - Ntozake Shange (variation of original quote)

"I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." - Harriet Tubman

Om Namah Shivaya

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An orange moon is created by a lunar eclipse in which the earth comes between the moon and the sun. As sun light comes around the earth and hits the moon, the moon reflects orange in color.

but I would think it has something to do with a relationship in which his masculine does not seek to overtake her feminine but to complement it totally. As a result, the love creates greater emotional health and a more spiritual bond between man and woman. (But that's just my interpretation). I can't wait to see what others think.

Peace, Love, & Light.
    [/b]
    thats exactly what i was thinking (far as the lunar eclipse). i dont know much about the solar system, but something told me that the sun and the moon had to create some kind of orange, yet that orange (as you explained with the chakras) had a deeper significance.

and sista, your interpretation was on point, that was my personal interpretation as well..

I do love the song, though, because she's talking about my daughter . That's why the song's first phrase is in my siggy.

My child was an orange moon :wub: .

- Sacral
    [/b]
    beautiful outlook. and i admit, everytime i look at your sig, i try to figure out what does this orange mean! lol.. and i see why and i think that its so kewl!! now it explains alot why your icon is an ORANGE MOON!!!. i feel like such a blonde! lol..

thx sistas for the immediate response..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have always loved the song and have nothing insightful to add cause the sisters have broke it ALL THE WAY down :P My sisters know their stuff!Oh something else, she used to (I say "used to" because Im not sure if she still is) be a member of the Gods and Earths and in that faith the women are not only Earth, but the Moon reflecting their God, the Sun. So pretty much what dasweetstcypha said about them complimenting each other, which makes for a great balance between the feminine and male energies!! :wub:

Wanted to post lyrics for those who may have never heard the song before so they can see what we are talking about:

<div align="center">"Orange Moon"

I&#39;m an Orange Moon
    I&#39;m an Orange Moon
    Reflecting the light of the sun

Many nights he was alone
    Many, many, many nights
    His light was so bright that they turned away
    And he stood alone
    Every night and every day
    Then he turned to me
    He saw his reflection in me
    And he smiled at me when he turned to me
    Then he said to me

How good it is, how good it is

I&#39;m an Orange Moon
    I&#39;m brighter than before
    Brighter than ever before
    I&#39;m an Orange Moon and I shine so bright
    Cause I reflect the light of my sun
    I praise the day, he turned my way
    And smiled at me
    He gets to smile and I get to be orange, that I love to be

(Oh...)
    Shine so bright
    (Oh...)
    He ruled the day, I ruled the night
    (Oh...)
    Shine, shine, shine
    (Oh...)

How good he is, how god is
    How good it is, how god is

I&#39;m an orange moon
    I&#39;m brighter than before, brighter
    Reflecting the light of the sun
    Smile at me</div>

Get your chakra meditation on
    ~The Secret to Life is to Live It! Think, Speak and Be who you are meant to be!~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m loving this thread. Sacral, your story is beautiful and like you, my spiritual belief system can be described as a bit all over the place.

Gosh, I love my NP Sistren!
    In an oppressive system, an educator is either an oppressor or a revolutionary (Lerone Bennett)

my weight-release journey

http://public.fotki.com/dasweetstcypha/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for sharing your story, Sacral. It was so wonderfully beautiful.

Get your chakra meditation on[/b]
    Tonight is a perfect night! The Moon is Full and is in Cancer, its native sign. This is a perfect time to do Sacral Chakra meditations, reflecting on attraction, femininity, and creativity.
    "To whom much is given much is required."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I :wub: my Napptural sistren! You guys rock. And ITA, I forgot to comment before, but Sacral your story is indeed so beautiful and inspiring about your daughter :wub:
    ~The Secret to Life is to Live It! Think, Speak and Be who you are meant to be!~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone It was a long healing process years ago, but after much prayer, meditation, and a long divination session this was the best way her father and I could both (together) honor and pay homage to her soul.

Plus, I really believe in the energy of chakras, colors, and gemstones and how it relates to energies a person is born into. Such as an Orisha. There really is a connection, IMO.

I definitely do full moon meditations and rituals all the time. I need to do them during orange moons more often.

I :wub: my Napptural sistren! You guys rock. And ITA, I forgot to comment before, but Sacral your story is indeed so beautiful and inspiring about your daughter :wub:
    [/b]
    Thanks E.Sista . You know, I haven&#39;t heard that song in a very long time. Like a couple of years ago. When I read the lyrics you posted I couldn&#39;t help but tear up a little (happy tears ).

- Sacral

Sacral

I&#39;m an Orange Moon......Child of the Moon and Sun

I found God within myself, and I love Her. I love Her" - Ntozake Shange (variation of original quote)

"I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." - Harriet Tubman

Om Namah Shivaya

hopieg is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this song. I had always defined it as her love for her Sun (her man), or her love for her God.

I have never thought of it the way you guys have explained, and I love it. Thank you so much for that wonderful and deep explaination.

I learn something new everyday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast