Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello All!

I just started my loc journey with 2 strand twists a week ago and I am very excited! I went through the loc album looking for people who did the same but didn't find many. I was wondering if people who started their locs with 2 strand twists don't mind sharing their albums. I would just love to see what I have to look forward to as my hair transitions over the next few weeks and months.

My other question is, how soon should you retwist your hair? Should it be once a month? Once every 2 weeks? Did you see a loctitian for maintenance or do it yourself?

Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello All!

I just started my loc journey with 2 strand twists a week ago and I am very excited! I went through the loc album looking for people who did the same but didn't find many. I was wondering if people who started their locs with 2 strand twists don't mind sharing their albums. I would just love to see what I have to look forward to as my hair transitions over the next few weeks and months.

My other question is, how soon should you retwist your hair? Should it be once a month? Once every 2 weeks? Did you see a loctitian for maintenance or do it yourself?

Thanks!
    [/b]
    Hello and Welcome :lol:
    I started my locs 16 months ago with two strand twists so please feel free to check out my album. Please click on the links below.
    Normally I latch my own hair every 6-8 weeks. I started and maintain my locs myself or my hubby
    will do it for me. Good luck!!
    Natural since 2004. Loc'd since 2005
    Nappturality Member since 2004

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also started my locs 16 months ago with 2 strand twists. i wnet and got it done at a loctician and she's maintained it for me up till recently. basically id go and get it retwisted every month (i kinda liked it messier) and as they approached the one year mark id go every other month. nowadays i just do whatever feels good. but feel free to check out my album
    The day we stop asking permission to be ourselves is the day that we are truly free. -CongoBrava

Scholarship...Service...Sisterhood. Since 1913.

**Fotki** pw 'cbrava'

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started my locs with 2-strand twists and i have had them for nearly 2 years!!! You can visit my album to see the different stages.

Regarding maintenance, I retwisted my locs every 2 weeks until the 8th or 9th month i do beleive. Congrats on your new journey!!!
    'SHA

[url="http://public.fotki.com/khashasknaps/"]http://public.fotki.com/khashasknaps/[/url]

[url="http://www.glitteryourway.com"][img]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1562/glitteryourway5b72ae2fc3e996f07042bb41eea00449il1.gif[/img][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seventeen-month loc'er signing in. I was probably a little lazier with my maintenance than most folks. Take a look though... you can see how long a fuzzy stage I had and what it became.
    The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
    Proverbs 18:10

My Fotki updated 11 AUG 2008
    My Blogspot

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/100_1585.jpg

puchi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there!

I started my locs about 7 months ago. At first I wasnt sure how often I should retwist, and I think I started around every 2 weeks. I think I switched to once a month around 4 months, mostly b/c I didnt have the time to retwist my hair that often. I think its better for my hair b/c its not manipulated as often and will grow stronger.

I wash with Dr. Bronners peppermint soap and do an ACV rinse once a month. During the summer months I did daily rinses to help my hair loc faster (some say that water does that). Now that its cold, I dont do that any more. I twist my hair with Jamaica Mango and Lime Resistant locing gel mixed with some olive oil and coconut oil. I spray my hair and scalp every other day with an oilve oil concotion that I made.

Sorry, I dont have an album, but I hope Ive helped in some way!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everybody for your responses and links to the albums!

I've made it through week one and I'm seeing a little bit of the 'fuzzies'. I'm going to wash and retwist this weekend...

wish me luck!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 9 months in. When I started I tightened up every 4 weeks now I do it every 8-9 weeks depending on how much new growth I have. My hair growth slows down a lot during the colder months, but pick up dramatically during the warmer months. Check my siggy for my link. I have to update for my 9th month.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy 2 strand locer here 1 yr and 4 months. I had 2 strand twist in my hair and just decided that I was finally ready to start locing. I retwisted every two weeks for a while since it gave me a chance to twist some that had come undone after washing. I don't think my hair resembled 2 strand twist after ~4 months. My loc journal starts in my Sept. album. You'll see I started getting lazy and retwisted once a month or whenever.

feel free to pm with any questions.

my album

http://www.sheenalocs.myphotoalbum.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump!

I want to start my locs with two strand twists. I've only had my twists in for 3 days and would like to see more albums. ^_^
    *~PoohBear~*
    My Hair Album: public.fotki.com/poohbear0215
    Password: hairbear Updated: 11-19-2010
    Last & Final Re-laxer Touch-up: 10-07-2004
    Big Chop to Natural for Life: 05-01-2005

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast