Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone dealing with hairline breakage. I&#39;m sooooo <strike>DAMN</strike>DANG frustrated. I realized how badly my front and back edges were broken off from micros last year this time. The back grew back quickly. But here it is a yearlater and it I swear it seems I&#39;ve made no more progress towards growing the front out. Ok...that&#39;s not entirely true. I had two spots above my temples that were practically bald and they&#39;ve filled in nicely. But the rest of my hairline actually is either continuing to break or growing incredibly slowly than the rest of my hair. Currently, from temple to temple my hair is about two inches long.

Could somebody, anybody please suggest something anything. This is driving me CRAZY :brickwall: Ouch...that hurts! :crying:
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Habica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could try using surge around the hairline or do a mixture of castor oil and surge.

gowarrant Guest

I suggest taking a look at the fotki album of:

virtue777

Go to her march 2006 album photo number 8 titled "my nape". Read everything including her responses to comments she gives good advice it works. I&#39;m currently doing what she suggest and my hair is flourishing more than before in my old weak spots.

HTH

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to wear styles that don&#39;t put much tension on those areas. As for the back edges, I find that my hair use to break from wearing turtle necks which rubs on my neckline and drys the hair out. Those are my weak spots, so I know now what not to do in those areas. When I do wear those type of shirts I would wear a silk scarf around my neck to give my neckline protection.
    Natural since 1998.
    Member on Nappturality since 2003
    Proud NOTM May 2005

http://www.facebook.com/jazitones?ref=name

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I know you have the moisture element down quite well NappymeHappyme so I don&#39;t think that would be an issue. Like many of the ladies stated, I&#39;d concentrate on wearing styles that required minimal manipulation or stress along that area such as twists.

By any chance do you wear hats or scarfs often? Just wondering if that could be the culprit too...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

long long time ago my sis braided my hair too tight and i had hair come out atmy hairline i just didnt even worry about it.It wasnt too bad but it was a little noticable.Over the years it has just grew in some on its own i just didnt wear tightly braided styles anymore.Noone has ever commented on it to me i guess because my hair is thick but i can still notice a little bit of hair missing.Good luck to you hope you stop being frustrated soon.
    Product Junkie. kinky, thick, frizzy 4c, 12 inch hair .My son is now 5 yrs old.My daughters are natural too.16&12i went natural when my youngest daughter was a year or two years old.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Blackpearls, I wear flat twists most of the time in the front that start at the hairline. I didn&#39;t THINK I was pulling my hairline too tightly and the end result doesn&#39;t feel or look tight.

I don&#39;t wear hats or scarves...except my scarf at night. It&#39;s not satin though because a satin scarf won&#39;t stay on. Bonnets don&#39;t work because they move around too much and create too much frizz in only a day or two. I really couldn&#39;t tell you though what my scarf is made out of it&#39;s a thin, light weight, see-through material. I&#39;d point to that as the culprit but my edges are worked up into my flat twists and don&#39;t tend to work themselves loose to be exposed to any friction.

@Jazzi, back hairline is doing fine...gotta figure out what to do with this front.

The only thing I can think of is maybe my scarves that I was using to pull my puffs back this summer was catching on my hairline and broke it back off.

As much as I like my flat twists, sometime I just want a break from having to style my hair like that ALL the time. My hair is long enough that I should be able to pull my hair back in a low puff or make a bun and just go but I can&#39;t because my hairline makes me look crazy. I&#39;ve tried the &#39;ole gel (various kinds) and scarf routine to make them lay flat...my edges scoff (like HELL NO WE WON&#39;T GO) and pops right up about 30 minutes after I take the scarf off. :unsure:

@ Habica, my mom was going to try Surge, so when it comes maybe I&#39;ll try that. What benefit would I get from the olive oil?

@Gowarrant, I&#39;ll check out virtue777. Hopefully I&#39;ll find something to try in there as well.

Thanks y&#39;all. I don&#39;t usually ask for help because I&#39;m usually good at finding what I need from y&#39;all on my own. But this has really got me stumped. So thanks again...more suggestions, thoughts welcome.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NappyMeHappyMe,

I don&#39;t think your hairline is still breaking from the micros you wore last year. I know how you have talked about wearing the front of your hair in flat twists a lot. Maybe you should give your hairline a break from flat twisting and just do regular individual twists instead. Also, when styling your hair around your hairline, make sure it&#39;s not done too tight.

Hope that helps!
    Poohbear
    *~PoohBear~*
    My Hair Album: public.fotki.com/poohbear0215
    Password: hairbear Updated: 11-19-2010
    Last & Final Re-laxer Touch-up: 10-07-2004
    Big Chop to Natural for Life: 05-01-2005

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NappyMeHappyMe,

I don&#39;t think your hairline is still breaking from the micros you wore last year. I know how you have talked about wearing the front of your hair in flat twists a lot. Maybe you should give your hairline a break from flat twisting and just do regular individual twists instead. Also, when styling your hair around your hairline, make sure it&#39;s not done too tight.

Hope that helps!
    Poohbear
    [/b]
    No...I&#39;d don&#39;t think so either. Like I said, I noticed the breakage when I took the braids out for the last time around September of 2005 and this also coincides closely to when I stopped p.ressing my hair too. That&#39;s when I started wearing natural styles exclusively without heat and really paying attention to and trying not to put stress on my edges. So what do we have here...about 16 months later...and my edges are still only about 3 inches long? Grrrrrrr!

I thought about putting my regular twists back in (wore them for about 8 weeks this summer) and that&#39;s when my frustration set in. Right now I&#39;m really tired of having to do time consuming styles to camoflauge the breakage. It would be different if I were seeing some benefits to all this protective styling on my hairline...

Sigh...all of this is making Nappy me not so happy...

I probably will end up doing the regular twists though.

June 24th

Habica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote]

I said castor oil I&#39;ve heard that castor oil can aid in the hair thickening. I&#39;m going to try that myself for a couple of problem areas of mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast