Thread: Windows Vista

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's official, Windows has launched their new operating system entitled "VISTA" What do you think?

Web Site Link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I may give it a go, once they release the second edition. If Bill did what he did when XP came out (released without giving software companies time to make their products compatible), it's gonna be a hot mess.

XP is fine for me, now. My computer is Vista-ready and if things look good a few months down the road, I may switch. I've seen the beta version, and it's okay. But, I wasn't jumpin' up and down.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt the same way, the features and changes don't appear to be anything to become excited about. I've already installed windows 7.0 on my xp operating system and it works well. Definitely prefer the tabbed viewing.

IT techs at my job has said the new operating system has an entire new look and feel and is more or less centred on improved user functions as oppose to new software etc.

We'll see...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I may give it a go, once they release the second edition. If Bill did what he did when XP came out (released without giving software companies time to make their products compatible), it's gonna be a hot mess.

XP is fine for me, now. My computer is Vista-ready and if things look good a few months down the road, I may switch. I've seen the beta version, and it's okay. But, I wasn't jumpin' up and down.
    [/b]

ointlaugh: :lol:

Amen to that!!
    StarQuest Podcast Network

Christianity is not an intellectual system, a collection of dogmas, or a moralism. Christianity is instead an encounter, a love story, an event. -- Pope Benedict XVI

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I waited until the launch of Vista to purchase a new laptop. To be honest, I don't see too much of a difference. Nothing to really get excited about. :unsure:
    "Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    know whether you did it or not" Oprah Winfrey

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I waited until the launch of Vista to purchase a new laptop. To be honest, I don't see too much of a difference. Nothing to really get excited about. :unsure:
    [/b]

Ditto...you said it. Besides alot of software and things arent even compatiable with it yet. its ok and all but it can be waited on.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I figured, not enough of a change to rave about huh

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping................

Ok...tryna figure out how to present this to y'all :unsure: :dunno:

I was thinking about purchasing a laptop with windows vista on it. I support PC's and networks for a living. So, this new OS I was not feeling. I think I will be using a UNIX OS at home. Looked at all the laptops at stores in the midwest with Vista on it. I thought it looked to busy. Too much going on the desktop. So my brother decides he want to look in the Apple store. I really dreaded this. But my curiosity got the better of me.

I'm looking at the macs...
    I'm thinking...this desktop look so familiar. :doh It looks uncanily similar to Windows Vista. Okay, no offense to Mac users. But I gotta a feelin that in the future, you won't be able to tell a Mac desktop from a Windows desktop.

:doh That's right !!! Bill Gates owns both Apple and Windows companies. Get ready for some headaches people (especially tech people).. There maybe a conversion of both operating systems.

The views expressed above are my own opinion(s) and does not reflect the feelings of anyone who reads this statement !!!!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ll give them another year to work the bugs out, then I may make the switch. I do love my XP though. I&#39;m trying to buy a laptop and I&#39;ll be danged if I&#39;m forced to switch to Vista <_<

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I bought my computer it came with Vista. To me it&#39;s just eyecandy. I&#39;m used to it now, but when I first got it I wanted my XP back so bad :P .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast