eri is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm..I like to cook my collard greens, never imagined eating them raw. I bet you do feel great in the morning. That sounds like a powerful concoction. Why do you put in a frozen banana?

I bet if I ate like this everyday, I'd be skin and bones.[/b]
    i started the green smoothies to get myself back to eating greens. since i started seriously moving towards veganism last year, i lost my taste for them. kale was the only green i could tolerate by itself without a massive amount of coconut milk. the others i would eat chopped in soups or not at all. so this is what i came up with.

yeah, it does make you feel good and clean. the frozen banana is a thickener. i used to use soymilk instead of water, but i cut that out b/c i was trying to space out my calcium sources. plus it was a waste of soymilk if using water tasted just as good.
    the self is...the most puzzling puzzle with which psychology has to deal.--william james

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess my mango wasn't ripe enough, because all I could taste was the parsley. ughhh. I chugged it because I wasn't going to waste all those greens.

I ate lunch, fish and a little rice, I don't need as much carbs to feel full anymore. Got home, made the one I know I will enjoy, romaine-strawberry-banana, and I did.

I can say you'll never feel hungry drinking this stuff. I am full the entire day.

teppuM is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this sounds like such a good thing to do i'd been reading about this on some other websites and i'd really like to try it i'll check out the other links for recipes ^_^
    ================================================== ===

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/7sfw/1.png

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for this thread. I was looking for a recipe that I could include spurilina (check spelling).... I need to take baby steps to get (back) on the smoothie wagon!
    [SIZE=2][color=#663366]My personal style: Bohemian Glamour![/color]

Date of last and final chemical fire cream: [color=#CC6600]September 16, 2005[/color]
    Date of Big Chop: [color=#6600CC]July 26, 2006 (10-month transition)[/color]

"I am sure that God Who began the good work in me will keep on working in me until the day Jesus Christ comes again." (Philippians 1:6; New Life Version)[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have started making green smoothies at least 3 times a week. I just add a handful or two of spinach to mine. I use strawberries, peaches bananas, spurilina, ice, apple juice, and a little soy milk. I really do enjoy them. I just need to try to try other greens now. I know by the time summer comes I will be doing smoothies everyday .

nzgirl is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been buying bags of mixed frozen fruit and using that and a banana with a cup of spinach and water. I'm really liking it so far. I'm trying to replace at least one meal with a smoothie instead.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been buying bags of mixed frozen fruit and using that and a banana with a cup of spinach and water. I'm really liking it so far. I'm trying to replace at least one meal with a smoothie instead.
    [/b]
    How's it working for you?
    [url="http://lilypie.com"][img]http://lilypie.com/pic/070814/9myO.jpg[/img][img]http://b2.lilypie.com/BBjhm4/.png[/img][/url]
    [url="http://lilypie.com"][img]http://lilypie.com/pic/070814/Rv0W.jpg[/img][img]http://b4.lilypie.com/olY8m4/.png[/img][/url]

Drink apple juice, O.J. will kill you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... so I am doing Parastroy w/ restricted diet and have limited options for breakfast. Green Smoothies sound perfect!

Could you all post some more recipes? There are not a lot of recipes in google, that I could find.
    FKA: Kayday23

nzgirl is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's it working for you?
    [/b]
    Since I started I'm down 7 lbs in two and a half weeks.(the last week was raw) My skin looks so much better it's not even funny. All the skin care products in the world...nonsense. Just drink enough water and get adequate greens and years of problem skin have disappeared. Those black spots are fading nicely. (Also using aloe ver gel as a moisturizer) I'm annoyed I haven't been doing this sooner. I've started using carrot juice instead of water and it's even better. But they look like brown smoothies instead of green.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last week or so I've been downing smoothies as my first meal. For some reason, I'm shy to make them in public, so far I wasn't spied....till this morning.

The guy was like...wow...what's going on here and asked me if I was drinking lettuce. I said no. He shut up. I'm thinking to myself, dude I'm not even commenting on you and your two kinds of coffee...get off my back.

Mines have been fairly elaborate...I can cut the soy milk to save some calories, but it tastes so yummy

I eyeball it the portion sizes:

scoop of protein powder
    few spoonfuls of non fat vanilla yogurt
    glob of honey
    couple ounces of vanilla soy milk
    couple ounce of OJ (left that out today and it was even creamier)
    2 handfuls of spinach
    spirulina
    wheat germ
    ground flax
    and a 'nana
    handful of berries (or any fruit)

That's the staples. Today I had a frozen banana, mine were ripening too quick and some frozen peaches...it was soooooooooo good. I left out the spinach, having gone overboard a few times it was a bit bitter. I think I'm going to stick to one handful. The first time I made it w/spinach I was so scared to drink it *shiver*

Last week, I had some overripe fruit I tossed it all in, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, banana, spinach...the smoothie went beyond green and it was gritty as I don't know what, I'd drink some, then I'd chew some...lol...but it really was good.

I'll keep doing the soy till I'm done, then I have powdered nonfat milk, less calories, then I'll do powdered soymilk and finally edge into water.
    "Don't ever let somebody tell you, you can't do something...You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they want to tell you, you can't do it. You want something, go get it. Period." - Will Smith - The Pursuit of Happyness

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...oVP/weight.png

Weight Loss Blog | Weight Loss Videos

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast