Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still love my locks - I agree with BlackAngelPlayah's marriage simile, I'm just past 3.5 yrs [gee, is that all?], and I find that I was much more excited and passionate about my locks in the first 2 yrs - particularly the first year. I think because of all the changes and all the products etc. to try. Later on, when you have a routine that works for your [though it's still fun to try new things], your locks are mature and you are just letting it grow - it's not AS exciting [though some days you do go - WOW, I can do BUNS now! or it tickles your collarbone and you realise how much it has progressed while you haven't been looking... ]. But for me, now my locks are a way of life - we understand each other.

I don't have any of these 'Once I've reached all my hair goals, I'll just cut them off and maybe start again' feelings - Having locks was my goal. I do have a certain desired length, but once I get there, I cant see any way in heyall I'd want to start all over again - it would have to be due to medical reasons! Once I get to my desired length, Ima be like :wub: on into my twilight years...

^_^
    Dread since 2005

The Revolution will not be televised - Gil Scott Heron

My Fotki - pw: simiya

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I look back to the earlier days, I think I love them more now then I did back then. I spent so much time fighting within and those around on the technique of choice(manicure or freeform), the fact that I was finally going this path, product use, etc etc.

I am almost 3.5 yrs in and I look back now and chuckle at how paranoid I was that I would do something wrong.

I know deep within I will have locs for life, but there are those times, I will see a lady rockin' a bald fade and I think back to those days. :blush:
    ~See~Feel~Touch~Love~From the Soul...

http://public.fotki.com/soulfinity

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE MY LOCS!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :lol:

I absolutely love my locs. There is so much versatility with styling and freedom with maintenance. This is truly a low maintenance style and I love it!!

Thank you. :lol:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My relationship with my locs have changed but I definitely love them more now then I used to. I've gotten so used to them now that it just isn't as big of a deal. Plus, I have my staple products, retightening and washing routines down. I'm always on the lookout for cute accessories though! It's been 2 years now and I've finally learned to just let them be
    5 years Nappy, 4 Years Sisterlocked! Never going back!
    http://www.fotki.com/thefineprint

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still very much in love after 2 years and 3 months :wub:

After 8 years of locks , back to loose hair!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still ver y much in love with my locs! :wub: I enjoy the freedom, flexibility, and spiritual pwer within each thread of each loc. The only thing since I am about 3.5 years into locing is learning new styles for spring/summer! I am still learning how to cultivate my garden, to maintain healthy locs.

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reasons for starting my locks 4 years ago are not the reasons I stay locked now. My hair does have meaning for me more so than when I started to lock. I love my hair but I also know that this is only my first set of locks. There will come a time in the near or distant future when I will shave my head and start a new chapter and maybe I'll lock again immediately and maybe I won't but one thing I will never do again is relax it.
    [/b]

Wow! Exactly how I feel.... Every word (except I'm a year in...YAY May!)
    Fikir Bandinet!!! [/i]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty much. I have been locked since Aug 05 and never felt better. It was nice to see my hair change and go through the motions as I go through life. Now embarking on my 4th year I am pretty excited and still have no desire to cut them or take them down. This is a way of life that has come full circle for me. I am so grateful I am healthy and able to maintain me dreads!!!!!!
    [/b]

We started locking about the same time. I started in August of 05.

It's nice to see someone who started with me (and some who started WAYYYYYYYYYY before me.) Who still love their locks as much as they did on day one. I still love mine and I know I won't actually cut them off. (Now I ain't scared of short hair. :P Part of the reason I never had long hair past childhood was because I was ALWAYS cuttin' it.. ) But I do have the dreams of cutting them off.. Of just having a TWA and taking such good care of it.. Just.. Having free loose hair..

But I know for me that is not freedom. I would OBSESS over it all the time and now I don't have to do that anymore. I love that.... Not to mention I have a TWA already.. :P (I don't twist, so my roots are pretty much loose.) Plus it seems like my locks tried to accomedate me by coming loose on two of the ends. :P Pretty cool. My perm didn't never try to make me happy. :P )

Anyway!! Just wanted to say we started at the same time. :P

:wub: Jen :wub:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZenInTheArt
    http://aplayahsjourney.blogspot.com
    http://public.fotki.BlackAngelPlayah.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 1/2 years. I love my sisterlocks just as much today as when I first got them.
    Sisterlocked on oct 2002

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely...I :wub: them...and am always making sure that I am caring for them in the best possible ways...They are really just apart of who I am now...so 2yrs+ in...and definitely I am still passionate about my dreads!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast