Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by MsHardaway@Feb 13 2004, 02:35 PM
    I have used Olive Oil as a hot oil treatment and I find it all over my pillows when I wake up in the morning. What am I doing wrong? It seems like it is not being absorbed into my hair.
    Try using a lighter oil if you don't think it's absorbing. I've switched from using olive oil to safflower oil & prefer the lighter oil. Also, you could try doing it before you shampoo so you don't have the excess oil. I always do my hot oils before I shampoo (wet my hair, apply oil, put on cap, sit under dryer, shampoo as usual) & it conditions & softens my hair just fine.

As for moisturizing..

Water is best. After I shampoo I use a mixture of FOTE aloe gel, water, & lavendar EO (for fragrance). The mix is more water than gel (maybe 60/40 or more). And after I apply that I use a small amount of oil + EO mix.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

op After washing my locs, I spritz them with pure olive oil while they are still damp (but not dripping wet). After they are dry, which I let them do naturally, I use carrot oil to moisturize the scalp, then I tie my hair up with a satin scarf and go to bed. (I usually wash my locs at night) In the morning, they are soft with a healthy sheen and do not feel greasy at all.
    Between washings to touch up any dryness, I rub alittle dime-sized amount of carrot oil in my palms and apply it gently to my locs, then tie them up for awhile w/ a satin scarf. After about an 30 minutes to an hour, I'll remove the scarf and they are ready to go.
    I had problems w/ dryness before like crazy. Thru. trial and error, I discovered what worked best for me. Before long, you will too. :razz
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/paulicia"]http://public.fotki.com/paulicia[/url]

[url="http://www.myspace.com/pauliciag"]http://www.myspace.com/pauliciag[/url]

[b]"People might not get all they work for in this world, but they must certainly work for all they get."
    - Frederick Douglass[/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Paulicia...Trial and error is the key. Not all hair textures respond the same to products. My hair may look dry sometimes, but when you touch it, it is far from dry. I spritz too, like a lot of other members. I use a mixture of jojoba (sp) and almond, with either a rosemary & lavendar mix or tangerine & grapefruit mix. I like to have the smell goods in my mane too

Kaoticcoil
    [b]To Be Blessed, You must be A Blessing[/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also like to suggest Jojoba Oil. This oil is one of the few that is closest to the makeup of the natural oils on our scalp (which is good).
    Life is the spirit and the body is the temple...one life, one love.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have started using the olive oil and water spritz every morning and it has been working very well for me. I tried the carrot oil but I did not care for the smell of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123