Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am not big on colors... not at all... i've never colored my hair because the process reminds me too much of the chemical fire cream... and because it's chemicals..................

but i'm lucky because my hair color is amazing. i have these reddish/copper streaks that look golden in the sun and red on pics... my hair itself is brownish...

i was told that the color of my hair was, really, a sign of my hair being in a bad condition, though... what do you think ?
    Natural since 1999 - locced since 2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty nice to me and not in bad condition at all. I'd love to have naturally changing hair color.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/Kamaliyah/"]Fotki Album[/url]
    [url="http://www.myspace.com/kashimae"]Myspace Page[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that the color of your hair is just that...the color of your hair....the only way that your hair will change its color from damage is if its been damaged by heat or chemicals....if your not using either, then your hair can't be in a bad condition

my hair used to change colors when i was younger...but it wasn't damaged....this was before my first hit of creamy crack....i can only wish my hair will do the same now so that i won't want to put more chemicals in my hair by changing the color
    <span style="color:#3333FF">[i][SIZE=2][color=#000099]~*Z PHI B*~[/color][/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard somethin about oxidation and sun damage or somethin...but that&#39;s kind hard to avoid unless u wear all SPF hair products (do they even sell those? :unsure. My hair starts out dark brown/black and the ends look medium brown/slightly reddish.
    LAST evil chemical fire cream: March 17, 2006
    BC: NOVEMBER 19,2006
    Started Locs: June 28, 2008
    Cut off Locs: March 14, 2009
    http://b1.lilypie.com/73u9m4/.png
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4...giecomp.th.jpg

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your hair&#39;s in good shape, just having a light color (or natural highlights from the sun) doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s damaged.

I heard somethin about oxidation and sun damage or somethin...but that&#39;s kind hard to avoid unless u wear all SPF hair products (do they even sell those? :unsure. [/b]
    Out here in the strong SoCal sun, I had a LOT of lightening. So I started using products with UV protection (there was actually a thread on this).

This is a really good UV protection leave-in: Redken&#39;s UV Rescue Daily Sun Milk leave-in protective moisturizer

And there&#39;s a cheaper product (just bought so I don&#39;t know how well it&#39;s going to work): Elasta QP H-Two leave-in conditioner

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never knew there was SPF protection for hair too.

thanks for the info !

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My natural color is a sandy brown color which gets lighter and streaks in the sun...Which makes it look dry even when it&#39;s not...I&#39;ve dyed my hair trying to cover the sandy brown color...Now that I&#39;m through with coloring my hair, I&#39;ve discovered clear rinses that add shine and protection and allows my hair to not look dry...
    Natural-Ree
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
    Chinese Proverb.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miss ruty has someone been scaring you with tales of Kwashikor(or whatever its called)- its a lack of protein i think that causes red hair- however in the west this is rare- you would also have a distended belly. I use elasta QP H2 for its moisturising properties, but i also used sunsilk this summer UV hair cream it was only a £1. Has your hair always been this colour? Sonce in her album shows sum sun damage to her ends. I wouldn&#39;t be worried.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wasn&#39;t told about any particular disease but people often told me that hair that loses its color is in bad condition...

as a child, my hair used to be lighter all over.

i&#39;m not really worried, i can see that my hair is alright, but i hear that a lot.

gowarrant Guest

Hey good thread and responses.

I&#39;ve been trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my hair color. Let me explain:

I have black ends about and inch, about 4 inches of brown, and then my roots are black.

No I don&#39;t have a color and I tried henna to try and even out my hair color. But all it did was nothing to the black areas and turned mt brown area more red, DAMN IT.

I stopped the henna and my old racoon hair is back. I don&#39;t care anymore I guess that is what my hair wants to do or maybe it is sun damage because I like to go for long jogs outside and never cover my head. :unsure: *sigh*

I&#39;m going to look in to that Redken product.

Thanks again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast