Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$225. I Love America.
    [/b]
    Indeed! That&#39;s capitalism at its best! But alas there are people out there who are wiling to pay highway robbery prices tp get their hair done. <_<
    A woman who tells you her age will tell you anything

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed! That&#39;s capitalism at its best! But alas there are people out there who are wiling to pay highway robbery prices tp get their hair done. <_<
    [/b]
    i guess its the same reason why people buy purses that cost $500+ or outfits that are worth thousands :/
    current stats: locked, shoulder length; started from loose napps past shoulders
    Dec 26 2004: last re.laxer

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are expensive rates! They over charge on their products. The Buttercreme is $58 and its not worth it. I only got it because it was free. They messed up my order. They do have good customer service. They are to expensive. For those prices to get your hair done, you might as well get a sew in.
    Trying to maintain this mane
    Last chemical fire Oct 06: Bc Feb 16, 2007
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/meka98/"]My Album (a work in progress)[/url]
    PW:sharing

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does she sell the Miss Jessie&#39;s products in the salon?
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/bluesaki/"]http://public.fotki.com/bluesaki/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I went to see Miko on Friday at an Ethopian salon that she is renting space in DC. I got a coil out for $225 (yeah, I typed 225) and that included my consultation of $50. She seemed a bit dissapointed when I told her I did not want a silkner. Her assistant did the coil out and it looks good but not $225 good.
    The whole appt took about 3 hours. While I was in the salon, three women were there to get the silkner and one of the had arrived from Chicago. After Miko had finished with their hair, to me it didn&#39;t look like the pictures on the website. It looked like my hair when I used to have the p.e.r.m. in it and I would get it wet.

So, if you want to see Miko in the DC area, this is your chance. I am not sure how long she will be here but if you do come, be sure to bring cash because this is the only form of payment she takes at this salon.
    [/b]

Did she at least do a good cut? Did you notice her doing something different than other stylists?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anybody been back since she moved into her new place?
    <div align="center">Updated: 03.04.08</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Ok...I&#39;m new to the hype...I just found the Miss Jessie&#39;s site yesterday, though I have heard about the Curly Pudding. Soooo didn&#39;t know there was an actual salon, and then to find out that it&#39;s closed : (
    The pics on the site look amazing....and all I want is a CUT without getting all my length chopped off. So from what I&#39;ve been reading NO ONE believes the hype...it&#39;s not worth the money.....and it doesn&#39;t come out like the pictures? I don&#39;t want any chemicals or anything but is that what they push on you? a lye chemical fire cream? I&#39;m not looking for a wet and wavy look and i like that my hair has volume, but I would like to have some shape when i wear a set style. Is there anyone else in DC that you all trust (wholeheartedly) to shape your hair?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an appt with Miko when she first got here...around February/March. I will admit that I really liked how my hair turned out. I loved the cut and wished that more people in the area would figure out how to cut hair like this so I could wear my hair "out" more often without it looking crazy (i.e. wedge cuts, etc...just not my style).

I paid A TON of money for this style (I got a cut and the shingling). When I got there she told me that my hair is so dense that she needed to charge me more. *sigh* At that point my hair was just a hot mess and I REALLY needed a hair cut and so I went for it. Like I said, it came out really nice (it did look pretty much like the pictures on the site), but I can not afford to keep going back.

Also, I was never pressured to get a lye chemical fire cream. It was never even mentioned.

airika, if you are looking for Miko, check her out at www.findmiko.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don&#39;t understand 225, 340, or any of those astronomical prices. How long do these styles last? 225 is my car payment. I love my hair, but I can&#39;t see myself being happy after I drop that kinda dough. I&#39;ll just be thinking about the fact that I paid a small fraction of my salary for a hairstyle.

I mean honestly, is it just the hype? Its just like when Motions products came out, and all my permie friends swore by it. I used it too, but I didn&#39;t see what was so good about it.

So tell me, is she really that good?
    He proposed! I&#39;m getting hitched in November!

http://i44.tinypic.com/316lxmd.gif

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to see Miko on Friday at an Ethopian salon that she is renting space in DC. I got a coil out for $225 (yeah, I typed 225) and that included my consultation of $50. She seemed a bit dissapointed when I told her I did not want a silkner. Her assistant did the coil out and it looks good but not $225 good.
    The whole appt took about 3 hours. While I was in the salon, three women were there to get the silkner and one of the had arrived from Chicago. After Miko had finished with their hair, to me it didn&#39;t look like the pictures on the website. It looked like my hair when I used to have the p.e.r.m. in it and I would get it wet.

So, if you want to see Miko in the DC area, this is your chance. I am not sure how long she will be here but if you do come, be sure to bring cash because this is the only form of payment she takes at this salon.
    [/b]

Oh that&#39;s just down right insane. Shssh <_< Barry Fletcher did charge that much when he was is Maryland. I&#39;m going to say this she will not last too long in DC charging that kinda money. There is waaayyyy to many natural hair stylist in the DC area are really good and charge a small fraction of her price.
    Natural since 1998.
    Member on Nappturality since 2003
    Proud NOTM May 2005

http://www.facebook.com/jazitones?ref=name

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast