Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naturally Divine's Album - She's great with short hair styling.

Hey You With That TWA - Inspirational photos of members with twas.

Super Short Styling Article - Scroll down for photos and techniques.

Enjoy!

^_^

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck to all and may you enjoy your journey...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been transitioning for 8 months now, but I update pretty frequently... The link to my fotki is in my signature, but I will add it here anyway:

webpage: http://public.fotki.com/serenity326/
    password: napps

Hopefully I can help inspire someone as others have inspired me!

Oh, and there are a few nappies I can think of who serves as an inspiration for me who weren't listed yet (you may have to leave them messages to get into their albums though - but they are all worth checking out!):

http://public.fotki.com/AFashionSlave/
    http://public.fotki.com/KARSWILLIAMS/
    http://public.fotki.com/Turnergirl/

Hope this helps and Happy Hair Growing!

[url="http://public.fotki.com/serenity326/"]Come Grow with Me (My Fotki Album)[/url] - [i]updated 6/11/09 [/i]

[b][u]Hair Stats[/u][/b]:
    3-yr Nappiversary: June 2009 (since last chemical fire cream)
    BC Date: March 14, 2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stumbled upon this wonderful site in search of help with this natural journey!
    HELLO SISTAS!

I did not transition.........3 months ago I went COLD TURKEY. Fed up with relaxers and weaves, I now sport an ultra short natural. My hubby loved it at first, now he just keeps asking what am I going to do with it.

It can get discouraging at times but for the most part, I am loving this look.

How do I get it to grow w/o twisting in hair or getting extension braids? I want some of these fantastic looks I see in the gallery.

Thanks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm new to the forum and have been transitioning for 7 1/2 months due to chemical fire last August 2006 which caused scalp burns and a whole loss of hair.

From that time and on, I've been using Carol's Daughter products and my hair is growing slowly but is still too short to style.

I'm not criticizing her products, but I would like y'all to give me your input for a fast and healthy growth.

Thanks & stay blessed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A SHOUTOUT to Transitioners!

Sometimes getting started is tough. Sometimes it's the keepin it going that's even tougher.

Please post links to your Transitioning albums and pictures here. Your photos and ideas can help others learn about transtioning styles, products and techniques.

~Dee~
    [/b]

I'm kind of new to the site (been lurking for a while, though). I've seen sooo many albums on this site that has inspired me to make that change to natural and now, as a result of this site as well, my daughter had decided that she wants to be natural also. I wanted her to so bad, but I didn't want to pressure her because I knew if she didn't make up her own mind, she probably wouldn't last through transition.

With that said, she doesn't want to BC so I've been braiding her hair (without extentions) in different styles while cutting little by little from her ends. She just asked me to do a mohawk and I wanted to see a pic of this before I start braiding. If anyone has an album with a braided mohawk hairstyle, I'd appreciate it if I could take a look. I've seen someone with it on this site, I just cannot for the life of me, remember the name.

I plan on taking pics of the styles we created and post an album for those who do not want to BC, for whatever reason. Someone may have already presented some of the styles, but this site has done a lot for me so I want to do my part.

Thank you to all the FAB-U-LOUS NATURALS who are paving the way and inspiring the future naturals that are lurking on this site contemplating whether or not to get rid of the perms...I know yall out there looking

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw man, I wish this thread was started when I was transitioning. <_<

But I&#39;m glad that I can contribute something for the transitioners. I transitioned for 15 months and I will say that some days were better than others. But I always knew that I was making the right decision for me no matter how tough it got sometimes. I hope the newbies find my album helpful.

By the way my album link is in my siggy.
    Last CFC: April 16, 2005
    Big chop: July 3, 2006

Check out my Fotki! - Mar 2009 mini updates and baby pics

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A SHOUTOUT to Transitioners!

Sometimes getting started is tough. Sometimes it&#39;s the keepin it going that&#39;s even tougher.

Please post links to your Transitioning albums and pictures here. Your photos and ideas can help others learn about transtioning styles, products and techniques.

~Dee~
    [/b]
    Im a newbie

Yeah its not easy everyday. But thanks to those site Im doin it
    My fotki is in my siggy.

happy transitioning !

Transitioning since December 24th
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/diarab/"]My fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx to all for the kind words and the links...I wish something like this was around back when I was in the 10th grade and got my 1st fire cream b/c I was too lazy to do my hair...now here I am, 23, and going back to where I shoulda stayed at!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its great to know that I&#39;m not alone in this journey.

I&#39;ve been transitioning since December and my hair is growing out and I&#39;m quite excited to see its texture. I&#39;ve gots lots of pics, but lack the motivation to upload them on fotki. Hopefully, by the end of next week they should be there. I don&#39;t intend to BC (as I can&#39;t imagine myself with no hair), although those BCutters look great in their pics. Maybe this site will soften me.

Serenity, your pics are wonderful and I was tracking your progress for so long now and must revist with some comments. Congrats you look great!!

The nappy in me is naturally me
    Check out my Journey (No password needed)

December updates are here!!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast