Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes it is!!! anyways, thanks so much Dee for putting a spot here for us.
    ladies, don't be shy - we all can learn and support each other here too.

:wub: to all.
    [/b]
    Hi everyone! I have been transitioning for the last year and 2 weeks...[Last chemical fire cream 3/3/2006] And I am sooooooooo excited! I love this journey! I am new to nappturality but I have been on fotki for a while now. I've heard everyone RAVE about nappturality and how it convinced them to go natural... since I am already convinced, I decided I would swing by and check it out! I think the forum said we should leave our album... so you can check out my pics at

www.fotki.com/cutecurlycurvy AND
    www.fotki.com/cutecurlycurvy2 ( I ran out of room)

CuteCurlyCurvy
    When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us.
    -Helen Keller

L.R. Mar 3, 2006 **Transitioning**

My Hair Journey
    [url]www.fotki.com/cutecurlycurvy[/url]
    [url]www.fotki.com/cutecurlycurvy2[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Welcome to ALL newbies! ^_^

Take the Transitioner's Quiz See how you score and help yourself figure out what your next step should be.

Transitioner Styling Ideas Article by Synergy She transitioned for 12 months and this article includes all of her tips and some pics.

Transitioning and Extensions Article by Deecoily Great rules to follow if you choose to transition with extensions.

Transitioning "How To" Article by Deecoily An intriguing breakdown of the process.

Want to know your hair type? Check out the "LOIS system". Helpful pics included.

For you future product junkies. :lol: "10 Ingredients to Avoid"

Keeping Track of Your Goals Article. Very Motivational!

In case you ever consider relaxing again. The Truth About Relaxers Article by Diamonique

When Water Isn't Such a Good Thing Article by DeecoilyVery useful info! Everyone should check it out.

After the BC Article by Babygurl Tips for what to do next. Products and routine info.

Enjoy! ^_^

Typhani is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks deecoily for this one. I enjoy browsing the photos and diffrent styles. I have been in transition for a year and 6 months now. I started my transition with weave styles and when I could not do them any longer I turned to braids for a period. I have worn wigs and kinky twists but nothing yet with my natural hair. I am going to try my first two strand twist tomorrow. My hair has always been on the fine side so, wish me luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much the ones that have gone before us are our inspiration!

" This is aunatural you can't buy this in a jar!"

[img]http://images38.fotki.com/v1297/photos/1/1221806/5770684/PIC_0057-th.jpg[/img]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/CARAMELNAPPS/"]Caramelnapps fotki[/url]

Ash2005 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a link to this thread on facebook..lol! MUCH LOVE to all of the transitioners!! We've all been there and the road does, indeed get tough! Also, thanks for adding the link to my album tocktick!! It's locked up until I start to do more with my hair, but if you want to see the older pics, just PM me for my password!

Just a few more miles ladies, until you return to your NATURAL glory!!!
    Last CFC: May 10, 2006
    BC: November 11, 2006
    Length of transition: 6 months and 2 days
    MY ALBUM

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Fotki send me a pm for password or sign my guestbook
    Hello everyone. I have been lurking on the site for a while and finally got the nerve to post as well as transition to natural hair.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/MahoganyDreamz/"]MDreamz189 fotki.[/url]Transitioning till my 30th birthday (1 year away)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what "no poo" or "BAA" or "twa" means???

Check out this link.

It explains everything.

Golassary of NP Terms

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to be checking out the list of transitioner albums because I love viewing all the styles that people can do with their hair. Personally I am going to be a long transitioner and might not BC at all, I am still up in the air about that. My goal is to have healthy hair above all things and if the transition becomes too much for my hair then I will have no choice but to cut it but prayerfully I can hold out and just let my hair continue to grow on its own.
    [/b]
    I am new to this Forum,just decided to Transition MY hair Perm growing out ... going natural,I think I will be transitioning long because I dont cut may hair unless I have to with much prayer..any thing you can suggest!!!!
    My Hair Is My Crown and Glory[color=#6633FF]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new to this Forum,just decided to Transition MY hair Perm growing out ... going natural,I think I will be transitioning long because I dont cut may hair unless I have to with much prayer..any thing you can suggest!!!!
    [/b]

I transitioned for a long time over one year. I love the braided styles and since my hair grows with that -thats what I stuck with for a while. Then once I got tired of that I went to weaving where my hair was completly braided under. Then a few times I wore a wig. In April I finally got sick of it all after reading and seeing the beautiful ladies on this forum and their journeys and the different styles they had. I hope this helps I am also new to this forum. I have a few pics you can look at. (www.fotki.com/aleishj
    Thanks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I'm new to the forum and have been transitioning for 7 1/2 months due to chemical fire last August 2006 which caused scalp burns and a whole loss of hair.

From that time and on, I've been using Carol's Daughter products and my hair is growing slowly but is still too short to style.

I'm not criticizing her products, but I would like y'all to give me your input for a fast and healthy growth.

Thanks & stay blessed.
    [/b]
    I use her products and I think a lot of them are a little overrated but i like Margurite Magic, Kizzie for my edges and the Hair Balm is definitely my staple. HTH

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast