Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to wash my hair tonight (Thursday, 12:53 AM), put in 4 braids before I go to bed. I need to use up my last bit of Redkin protein conditioner and Pantene moisturizing conditioner tonight in order to get rid of it. This evening I will two-strand twist my hair but turn those into 3 strand braid at the tip to keep my hair from unraveling.

I am scared and happy at the same time. Scared because I don't know how I can handle emotionally not being a perfectionist by not trying to control my hair. People say that I will have to let my locks do its on thing. I am not sure I can handle that.

The positive is that in a way I want it to do its own thing, because I am tired of having to style my hair in the morning and night (pin it up so it can look good in the morning). There are more important things in life than spending about 20 to 30 minutes a day on styling.

Therefore, don't be surprised if I act bipolar during the first few months. This journey might be a combination of love and hate, plus driving myself damn crazy. Pray for me, ya'll. :lol:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to wash my hair tonight (Thursday, 12:53 AM), put in 4 braids before I go to bed. I need to use up my last bit of Redkin protein conditioner and Pantene moisturizing conditioner tonight in order to get rid of it. This evening I will two-strand twist my hair but turn those into 3 strand braid at the tip to keep my hair from unraveling.

I am scared and happy at the same time. Scared because I don't know how I can handle emotionally not being a perfectionist by not trying to control my hair. People say that I will have to let my locks do its on thing. I am not sure I can handle that.

The positive is that in a way I want it to do its own thing, because I am tired of having to style my hair in the morning and night (pin it up so it can look good in the morning). There are more important things in life than spending about 20 to 30 minutes a day on styling.

Therefore, don't be surprised if I act bipolar during the first few months. This journey might be a combination of love and hate, plus driving myself damn crazy. Pray for me, ya'll. :lol:
    [/b]

You'll be fine. I think you'll learn to appreciate the journey for what it is. I typically like my hair a certain way, too. But it's just exciting to know what's taking place on top of my head. That makes it easier to accept the changes.

Good luck!
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/nappilyme/my-loc-journey/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm restarting my locs via loctician this weekend. The last ones I had unraveled, and I've been enjoying my loose napps. But everytime I see a set of locs I wish they were on my head, so I'm going to go ahead and do it. I'm so excited about the new journey!!

Good luck to you, menat,
    Starting the journey....again.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck ladies. I'm starting mine on the 18th!!! :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to start this month, as soon as I find someone in the Arlington/ DC area to start my braidilocs for me. I've been wanting locs since I chopped my hair off last October but I 've been in the middle of a move so I could never make the time. I'm just so scared someone won't do it right, but I know anything I try will be twice as bad. Wish me luck.
    So happy to be nappy!
    My album: [url="http://public.fotki.com/DS71581/welcome-to-nappyworld!/"]http://public.fotki.com/DS71581/welcome-to-nappyworld!/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting mine started on March 7.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/yoyogirl1969/hair-2008//"][b][color=#009900]2008 Locs[/color][/b][/url]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/yoyogirl1969/"][SIZE=2][i][b]To Whom Much Is Given, Much Shall Be Required [/b] (Luke 12:48).[/i][/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure you'll love the journey. PATIENCE is what I've been told is key. I plan to start my locs at the end of the month! Sooner if I can decide on a method.

:wub:
    http://public.fotki.com/mscocontxus/

pw required

"Make a difference about something other than yourselves."
    --Toni Morrison

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have an appointment set for the 7th to have mine restarted.
    **BC** Feburary 7th, 2006
    http://public.fotki.com/NikkyDef/ Updated 10/08/11

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to delay putting in my braidlocs for a few days because my personal computer needs to be fixed. I would like to document this process and I can't do that until I get my computer back. Perhaps it is a good thing because I have hair conditioner that I haven't finished up yet. It has about 3 more condish-washes left. My friend says that I should wait to do it in two weeks around my birthday, because it would be more fun for me to celebrate my loc anniversary around my b-day.

Decisions. Decisions.

I might dye my hair black now in order to get it out of the way.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup yesterday <strike>march 3</strike> i started mii comb coils once again... now i have to wait and b patience..i guess :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast