Thread: Bye-bye Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why pay Fotki $30 a year to do what google does for free. Google gives me 250 mb of space to store pictures. After four years on Fotki, my storage was around 160 mb. Although its going to be a pain to re-upload all the pictures, thats the price I'm willing to pay.

http://picasaweb.google.com/SeekFirst
    [/b]
    beautiful twists. :wub:
    http://public.fotki.com/araba/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember, You can save TONS of space by deleting your original images from EACH album.

Once you open the album, an option will appear on the bottom left menu.

I also request the additional free space every 30 days and I've been using Fotki for over a year and have not used 1/10th of my space.
    LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN!

Use code CAR231 for $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com.

Kinky Rhonnie's Hair Album

My Blog - Kinky Rhonnie's Spot

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still use fotki (havent updated in ages but thats a diff story) but theres an option under your account settings where you can request an extra 50MB every 30 days. I always request the space even though I dont use it. That may save you the trouble of moving all your pics to another site.

hope that helps.
    [/b]
    I do the same thing. For the past 3-4 months I haven't been deleting the originals of my pics, but I still have plenty of space left. Sometimes, they even let you request more than 50MB of space per month.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why pay Fotki $30 a year to do what google does for free. Google gives me 250 mb of space to store pictures. After four years on Fotki, my storage was around 160 mb. Although its going to be a pain to re-upload all the pictures, thats the price I'm willing to pay.

[/b]
    I have Photobucket, it's free, and I can save my videos from my web cam to it. Come check me out...I'm under Tiwana1_2009 there. Feel free to leave me a comment or better yet subscribe to my page.

I know that I'm not known here but I just started to post on fotki and I don't know all of the features yet. But it seems like a pretty good place to share pictures and information.
    [/b]
    I wish I could flat twist like that. Mine only look half decent when I try to 2 strand flat twist. I have'nt mastered it yet.
    Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about Creating yourself. Tiwana

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I left fotki and then came back to it. Picasaweb was nice and everything but I ended up switching back to fotki because it allowed anonymous comments. But my contract is up in fotki soon so I might just migrate back. Thanks for bumping this up.
    Thanks for the compliments as well. You guys are the best!
    Seek First - Matthew 6:33 Sixth year, Yea!
    Hair Album (Updated 06/08/09) - Back on Fotki!
    Last Perm: 3.2003 : BC: 10.2003 : Hair Color: 4.2004
    My HS Teacher Thoughts (My blog)
    *Don't expect from others what they have not given you any evidence of.
    *Decisions are your own but the consequences are often determined by others.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i'll consider google as well. love your hair!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no more creating pw-protected albums?! uuugggggggggggh
    4 years natural!
    1 year loc'd and finally happy :)

www.twitter.com/dailygazelle

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]

Good for you! You can also store large files on Photobucket and Myspace too.
    [url="http://www.myspace.com/lush_afro_bush_since1997"]http://www.myspace.com/lush_afro_bush_since1997[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div align="center">

:bolt:

.... thanks for the info!
    </div>
    <~ "Those that don't got it, can't show it. ~ Those that got it, can't hide it." ~>
    ~> Zora Neale Hurston <~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Fotki Charges

Bumping because after 12 years with Fotki, I'm out. They are now charging to retain original photos. Not only don't you have access to your originally uploaded photos without paying another fee, they will delete the originals unless you pay another fee. The thing that peeves me most about this move is that instead of making this a new cost upon renewal, they are doing this before existing subscriptions expire. That, IMO, is a breach of contract.

Here is the email:
    Dear Fotki Member,

We love our users, and we love what we do, but the BIG GUN (Facebook, Google and others) have been such a powerful force to deal with, that SMALL GUYS like Fotki have to find ways to adjust.

We analyzed our servers, and it looks like many of our members, like you, store many gigabytes of old photos, which are never viewed by anybody for years and years. It costs us money to host these photos, and since nobody is looking at them, we are wasting our valuable resources to host them.

In order for us to optimize our service, we are reaching out to you, and asking for your help. If you really want us to keep your originals, we have no choice but to start charging for hosting them, but don't worry, we need VERY LITTLE. We are not asking for much, just to know that you care about your photos and you really need them. If you don't need your photo originals, then you don't have to pay for anything extra, and we will just go ahead and erase them from our servers.

We will charge just 8 Fotki Credits per gigabyte per month (around 5...6 cents), which comes to just 50 cents a month for a large 10GB photo collection. This is five times cheaper than buying your cup of coffee!

Thank you in advance for your understanding and your support!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12