Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so i read the over 40 club thread and was pleased when it got going. Can we keep this one going. It's nice to hear about all the new grey hairs, dry skin and all but can we add what we are doing to maintain our beauty. I confess when i see those grey hairs i pluck them. Luckily they appear sparsley. I noticed a change in hair texture around that bit just above the temples it is a lot drier and doesnt grow at the same rate as the rest of my hair. i just treat this part of my hair with a little more love by adding more moisture. Yes my hair has begun to thin out so i do wash and go so that it will appear thicker and this works.

I no longer have that glowing skin i once had what i find useful is moisturising while my skin is still damp. I recently begun to use a moisturiser with spf15 - yes we do need it to cos sun damage manifests as hyperpigmentation (or so i've read) in dark skin. http://www.cosmeticscop.com i plan to use an exfoliant with salicyclic acid as i still get spots. I do wear more makeup now and enjoy it.

i dont think drinking copious quantities of water makes much difference- the body will only excrete what it doesn't need and a lot of what we eat contains water. I have one wrinkle which i know is due to how i laugh. It is true that darker skin doesnt wrinkle as much because it has more protection from the sun. A large part of ageing is down to how we take care of ourselves and genetics. if you smoke and drink excessively well over time your skin will tell you about it. Stress is another big factor. And check out your thyroid function if you notice an important change in your hair.

Nothing to do with hair but i've developed a new interest in perfume. I'm mad about Caron's Tabac Blond which was created in the early part of the 20th century. Creamy, warm, sensual and very sexy. It is quite different to what is in vogue but you will feel very special - like a screen goddess.

anymore tips would be great.

http://public.fotki.com/mochachoc

pw: candlewax

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm only 30 but I just wanted to say that after looking at your fotki you just need to keep doing what you're doing because you look great! By the way I got my 1st grey hair a few weeks ago and I think it is because I just became a mother and the stress/worrying has taken a toll. I didn't pluck it though, i'm hoping it just falls out when I comb/wash my hair

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Millie, you are BEAUTIFUL! Your hair and skin look great, and I think you are glowing. I would have never guessed you to be anywhere near 40, much less over 40! Keep it up sis!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I here ya sista, and I can relate the grey hairs. I don't pluck mine out I just let 'em ride. As for the dry skin, it doesn't bother me too much, because for most of life I've always had dry skin. Me knowing this I've always made special efforts to keep my skin moisturized. As for drinking alot of water, I agree, but also know that drinking water can help ad to keeping the skin still glowing.
    Natural since 1998.
    Member on Nappturality since 2003
    Proud NOTM May 2005

http://www.facebook.com/jazitones?ref=name

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm only 30 but I just wanted to say that after looking at your fotki you just need to keep doing what you're doing because you look great! By the way I got my 1st grey hair a few weeks ago and I think it is because I just became a mother and the stress/worrying has taken a toll. I didn't pluck it though, i'm hoping it just falls out when I comb/wash my hair
    [/b]
    why thank you idia12 for your generous compliment. Honey i know all about stress and children but believe me when i say one day it will ease up a little. Just remember that your children are important but so are you.

Millie, you are BEAUTIFUL! Your hair and skin look great, and I think you are glowing. I would have never guessed you to be anywhere near 40, much less over 40! Keep it up sis!
    [/b]
    i'm grinning do you see me grinning thank you honey.

I here ya sista, and I can relate the grey hairs. I don't pluck mine out I just let 'em ride. As for the dry skin, it doesn't bother me too much, because for most of life I've always had dry skin. Me knowing this I've always made special efforts to keep my skin moisturized. As for drinking alot of water, I agee, but also no that drinking water can help ad to keeping the skin still glowing.
    [/b]
    jazitones i'm absolutely loving your makeup

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*LBell sees "over 40" and comes sliding in like Lurch on Addams Family*

Yooou rang? :lol:

Hair: I've been under a lot of stress lately and my locs have been paying the price, unfortunately. However, today while at lunch with friends I saw a vision of myself at my goal weight, in a cute sundress, with my longest loc touching the small of my back. That's longer than I'd planned to let them grow but I took it as a sign that soon my school stress will be over and I'll be back on an even keel. I'm thinking about coloring them, not to get rid of the gray (I actually like mine :P ) but to restore the lightened ends to my natural hair color.

Skin: I too have dry skin and while I agree that too much water is simply excreted, I definitely need more water in my life. My dark skin has enabled me to look much younger than my soon-to-be-42 years but I'm starting to see a few wrinkles in some places. (Only I seem to be seeing them, though.)

Perfume: Sigh. I miss perfume. Perfume is not in my budget these days (graduate student). But I've got a lot of EOs and some tester bottles so maybe I need to get back into making something for myself.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checking in for the over 40 crew!

Hair is doing so so. I'm still trying to get the hang of doing my natural thing & keep it healthy at the same time. My hair has always been thin so I sure hope it doesn't get much thinner with age

Skin has been drier than usual this winter but it has been colder than usual here too.

Perfume & scented lotions, etc. is one of my few indulgences. I guess you could say I'm a "perfume junkie" of sorts Add that to my "product junkie" ways that I've picked up since joining NP & you'll see where my money goes.

Glad to see I'm not the only "grown up" here!!
    "But the fruit of the Spirit is
    love, joy, peace, patience,
    kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    gentleness and self-control."
    Galatians 5:22-23

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait until I am in the over 40 club. That would mean that I will have been natural for over 20 years. You ladies are my idols!

Chelci
    Hair Photos: http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren
    Crafts & Fitness Tumblr: http://omystitch.tumblr.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also crashing the party with a question.. over the past couple of months i've been getting grey FACIAL hair in my 'stache. i've plucked and it returns. does this happen to anyone else? (28 y.o. here)
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

ZenDiva is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*raises hand hIgh* :wub: Ova forty --ova here ----> :blush: loving it ...

Q. how about we make this a permanant fixture...a thread that the over 40 set can come and talk bout whateva ?

Okay, back on topic... my hair is growing like a weed, grays and all.. I've changed my diet recently, so i'm thinking that's in part the cause..

Of late, I've been getting a deep hankering to BC, and let go of my twists of five years.. ^_^
    " Those that don't got, can't show it. Those that got it, can't hide it." --Zora Neal Hurston

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast