Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I am currently Loc'ing a lady whose hair is 100% grey (she's in her 60's). So far it's been 8 weeks, since I started her loc's. The last time I checked her hair (3 weeks ago), I didn't see enough matting througout the hair to safely wash her hair. I've used a scalp estringent on starter loc clients with soft, curly - hard to loc natural hair before, which tends to make the hair rougher but this particular client wants to go at it without any additional help as she doesn't complain about itchy scalp and buildup etc. When she returns, if I don't see the necessary matting when she returns this week, I may try the sea salt techique on her. Does anyone know of other loc'ing techiques for grey hair?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry I can't give you advice on this but you might want to search the Loc forum if you haven't already. This thread will probably be moved there anyway but if you want you can repost your question there.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I am currently Loc'ing a lady whose hair is 100% grey (she's in her 60's). So far it's been 8 weeks, since I started her loc's. The last time I checked her hair (3 weeks ago), I didn't see enough matting througout the hair to safely wash her hair. I've used a scalp estringent on starter loc clients with soft, curly - hard to loc natural hair before, which tends to make the hair rougher but this particular client wants to go at it without any additional help as she doesn't complain about itchy scalp and buildup etc. When she returns, if I don't see the necessary matting when she returns this week, I may try the sea salt techique on her. Does anyone know of other loc'ing techiques for grey hair?
    [/b]
    I never thought your color would make a difference in locking technique unless it was a certain texture. I have a friend who has greying locks and she started with the twist and now has very long locks in her mid back. It takes from 4most to a year for hair to loc
    I had medium lenght natural hair and back combed mine and they locked in 4 mos.
    TO BE LOCKED IS TO BE FREE!!!!

Located in the South Holland, Illinois a south suburb of Chicago
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought your color would make a difference in locking technique unless it was a certain texture. I have a friend who has greying locks and she started with the twist and now has very long locks in her mid back. It takes from 4most to a year for hair to loc
    I had medium lenght natural hair and back combed mine and they locked in 4 mos.
    [/b]
    Thanks for your response,

I apologize for any confusion, but I am referring to the texture of of head of all grey hair - the client is 65 and totally grey and is loc'ing her hair for the very first time. Trust me it's challenging. I am not talking about hair that is greying. Grey hair has less elasticity the hair that is not grey. Grey hair texture tends to be wirery and slick because of the lack of elasticity that is needed for successfull natural hair styles, especially loc's. Sorry for the confusion. What I'm doing is working - I was only looking for other secrets. People who are already loc'd and start to grey while their loc's continue to grow is a totally different situation from what I'm talking about. Once the hair is loc'd it's loc'd and the changing of the color won't necessarily interfer with the overall process.

NapAdvocate1