Mahalia is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:nohuh I live in Western Canada and I have been looking all over the board and asking around for Haitian Black Castor Oil and for Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Does anyone have either of these products and how can you help me to get some? I want the strongest blackest thickest one available anywhere and Please hook a sistah up! I have come across Black Herbals for Jamaican Black on the Internet, are there any other options than the Internet? I need all the posts I can get to help me track down this product. If anyone has either product, post me right away>if you are getting it directly from the Old Country (Jamaica or Haiti ) post anyway. Maybe we could work something out.
    100 percent natural
    Cornrow Your Hair Till Christmas No Extensions Challenge
    Henna - Natural Products Lover

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man...so that's what that is.?! We call it Luille mascretee....keep in mind I can't write creole. I never knew it was castor oil, I had major hair growth with that in my hair. And I only used it growing up for moisture. But that's what it sounds like.

I didn't know that was castor oil. I live in Manhattan my daddy knows where to get it, they tend to sell it watered down, but I'll ask where he goes and gets it and if he can find a thicker kind.

Oh and wait..let me contact my family in Canada, I have slew, and maybe they have some of it sitting around, or know where to get it. If not I'll ask my dad, but keep in mind, its really not kosher to mail it...it seeps out of any container..but I'll check for you.

A9
    Arthur + Guinevere = Eternity of Love

Jess82 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I didnt know that L'huile Mascristi was castor oil :huh I live in Montreal and I guess its pretty easy to find in Haitian shops.
    Locks started on April 23rd 2010.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L'huille mascreti and castor are the same thing, that's a surprise. They sure don't have the same smell.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/bellegurl/"]My Fotki[/url]

HairLove Guest

Does one smell stronger than another?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's what it must be when she said it was thick. Once she said that I was like...so that's what that oil is?! man....

It has no smell..well except this strong woodsy smell, burnt woodsy. I like it so I never really notice it. It's super thick like molasses and dark. I loved that oil. If that's what haitian castor oil smells like then it's the l'huille mascreti as the ladies have mentioned.

I've never used castor oil.

Oh and Mahalia since you live in Canada I know most places are far from one another, but maybe you should ask Jesss82 where she might know where to get it.

Does anyone here use mascreti on their hair? And how many of you Haitian ladies know how it's used all over the body as a healing remedy, moisturizing capabilities? All we don't do with it Mahalia is eat it....but you never know! But it's used for everything else.

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

I'm confizzled...So are they one in the same or no? Or is L'huille Mascreti a brand name for Black Castor Oil? Confusion... I went on Google to search for Black Castor Oil and I found two sites that carry it. One that didn't have a picture of the product at all, and the other had a picture but it really didn't look that different from regular Castor oil and it was just difficult to tell what it was. Hmmmm...

ETA: I've never heard of either product, that's why I'm asking. Any info would be appreciated.

- Tania :rainfro

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have no idea. She made mention to either Jamaican or Haitian Castor Oil. And her description fits what I know of the oil we use in Haiti, for our hair, but it's not only used for hair. It's also used in healing and as a skin moisturizer.

Now I have never used American Castor Oil, but I don't really think their the same as the ones in other countries.

And if your looking for Haitian Castor Oil, I don't think you'd find it. Since I don't think it has an english name. If it is the same oil I'm thinking about. Our oil is produced I don't know how. But it usually comes in an unmarked bottle it's extremely thick and very oily, I mean very think oil almost molasses like and ad dark as molasses. If it's light it's been fiddled with.

Most of the time when you go to a country that speaks another language, they don't really have the english name sitting around. And I have no idea what the Jamaican one is like.

A9

lhyna is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too I used to use it. We still have one bottle left. But I don't how to get it. I found websites but they were in french and the Castoir oil is the translucid one.

Actually, L'huille Mascreti is the creole "version" of l'huile palma christie.
    "Wise folks learn to say less and less when it comes to forecasting future choices and decisions. Never just doesn't have much use. The even wiser know to save their energy when it comes to analyzing other people's lives (i.e. decisions). They use their energy for other stuff [...]" - Moonchild

Mahalia is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: the Castor Oil. It is called by many names depending on your culture. Some say Palma Christi (Palm of Christ...by many latinos and West Indians)...You say it one way in French and another in English. "huile is French for oil, n'est-pas?" If you ask English speaking native Canadian people...they are lost for days. If any of you know family in Canada that you could contact it would be appreciated. I know Quebec is one of our French speaking provinces and Canada is a bilinqual country, French being the second official language and if you are speaking to the Haitians, they concentrate in French speaking areas. But they would be the ones who you would find this out from. I do not want the watered down version...just the thick blacklooking one. It is made from the darkest seeds of the Castor Plant. (the seeds come in more than one color.) ... But if you want the very DARK kind of Castor oil, you have to be very specific and ask for the Black Jamaican or the Haitian Black Castor Oil and it is likely to be found down East...
    otherwise you end up with the clear or light yellow stuff. Please let me know what you find out..(et toute suite, sil vous plait! Merci beaucoup...I know there is a little hat over the "u" ). :-? ...my poor hair just keeps asking for the stuff and I try to give it what ever it wants :heart :mad :rainfro :heart ...so what ever name you want to call it...I just want some lol
    100 percent natural
    Cornrow Your Hair Till Christmas No Extensions Challenge
    Henna - Natural Products Lover

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast