Thread: Fibrovan

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. I'd like to know how it works out for you too.
    [/b]

Just put my order in! We'll keep in touch. I'm excited for us.

I was looking at your previous post about Clear Passages. What was your experience like? How did you hear about it? I have never heard of it. I checked out the site. I noticed they have a location in Gainesville, Florida. I'm wayyyyy down at the other end of Florida but it may be worth looking into.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be looking in on you ladies too, and letting you know when/if I order more after finishing these herbs. I wish I could continue w/herbs and accupuncture, but I just can't afford it right now. Tmichelle, we're trying to conceive too (going on 7 years now), this endo is a bummer. I've had the surgery too, but mine came back in like 3-4 months . I'll be praying for you ladies, too!
    www.public.fotki.com/mrssmif (copy & paste)
    *updated Spring 2010*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just put my order in! We'll keep in touch. I'm excited for us.

I was looking at your previous post about Clear Passages. What was your experience like? How did you hear about it? I have never heard of it. I checked out the site. I noticed they have a location in Gainesville, Florida. I'm wayyyyy down at the other end of Florida but it may be worth looking into.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience.
    [/b]

I thought Clear Passages was great. I haven't gotten pregnant (yet) but it did take away ALL the pain I had gained from my surgery. Insurance won't cover it unless you get them to preapprove the medical codes (that is what I did). Then I only had to pay the same percentage as any other out-of-network doctor. Depending on your medical conditions it can truly turn around your fertility. They are even able to open blocked fallopian tubes if one has had scarring (generally from an std or trauma to the tube ie. ectopic pregnancy). They can also loosen scar tissue that resulted from a miscarriage or abortion.

I went for a week long worth of therapy (the recommended length of time). I stayed with friends of mine and got to be pretty intimate :blush: with my therapist. If you are modest, this is NOT the place to go. They literally work every part of your body (including manual massage from the inside). But it did work. I could tell right away that my organs loosened up from the adhesions caused by scar tissue from the surgery. Also my period started the last day of my therapy (which doesn't bother them they work you anyway :unsure: ) so I could tell right away the horrible abdominal pain that I gained after my surgery COMPLETELY disappeared. I still had the lower back ache I had always had, that didn't diminish until I did acupuncture/herbs for about 6 months after that.

Let me know if you decide to look into this further. I hope it works out!!!

I'll be looking in on you ladies too, and letting you know when/if I order more after finishing these herbs. I wish I could continue w/herbs and accupuncture, but I just can't afford it right now. Tmichelle, we're trying to conceive too (going on 7 years now), this endo is a bummer. I've had the surgery too, but mine came back in like 3-4 months . I'll be praying for you ladies, too!
    [/b]

I feel your pain. I'll report back on any results. The doctor found mild eno which he scraped off and I haven't had any ultrasounds to confirm the reoccurance so I won't be able to give you a scientific update like I personally prefer. I have been confirmed as having two fibroids located in areas where they are not "supposed" to affect one's fertility. If I do have an ultra-sound again at least I'll be able to tell you if they disappeared or not.

Also, my dh and I will be doing the colonix. I hear that is great to clear out your system (which we could really use). One of the doctors from the colonix site said she had severe endo and was able to get pregnant after being cleared up.

PM me if you'd like to discuss anything personal further, I'd love to compare notes. For a long while I had to stop talking about all the infertility remedies because it got so depressing, but now that I am looking at it as being healthy and getting my body fit as opposed to trying to have a baby (which I was TOTALLY hung up on) it has become fun. Even if I don't ever have children at least it has prompted me to take care of the body God gave me (even though I would still LOVE to have children
    Very thankful

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]

Can't say that I know alot about endo but these fibroids are a booger! I despise them. The ironic thing about them is they make you look pregnant while at the same time interfering with staying or getting pregnant.

I agree with you about the herbs and acupuncture. Great combination! Good results but expensive when out of pocket.

Thanks for your prayers. I'll keep in you in mine too. I pray you will be able to conceive soon with a full-term, healthy baby and a healthy you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if I don't ever have children at least it has prompted me to take care of the body God gave me (even though I would still LOVE to have children
    [/b]

You never know what God has planned for you and your dh. He knows your heart's desire. Stay encouraged.

It was during an ultrasound with our firstborn that I found out I had fibroids. I had never heard of them before. But we lost our first born son because I went into pre-term labor and his lungs were not fully developed. A year later we did have a daughter, praise God! (born premie at 2 1/2pounds; now a 5ft 1 inch tall healthy 11 year old girl)
    My dh and I would love to have more kids especially since we come from big families (me, baby of 7, him baby of 6). But nothing has happened since our daughter. We just never thought/dreamt that we would experience difficulties in having children. Just reminds me daily that we are not in control of anything, God is. It's been a journey for my hubby and I but God is seeing us through daily.

And just sharing this with you all is helpful and theraputic. Just know I'm here for you all too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never know what God has planned for you and your dh. He knows your heart's desire. Stay encouraged.

It was during an ultrasound with our firstborn that I found out I had fibroids. I had never heard of them before. But we lost our first born son because I went into pre-term labor and his lungs were not fully developed. A year later we did have a daughter, praise God! (born premie at 2 1/2pounds; now a 5ft 1 inch tall healthy 11 year old girl)
    My dh and I would love to have more kids especially since we come from big families (me, baby of 7, him baby of 6). But nothing has happened since our daughter. We just never thought/dreamt that we would experience difficulties in having children. Just reminds me daily that we are not in control of anything, God is. It's been a journey for my hubby and I but God is seeing us through daily.

And just sharing this with you all is helpful and theraputic. Just know I'm here for you all too.
    [/b]

Thanks for the encouragement! You're so right, I don't know what the Lord might have planed for us. I'm looking forward to finding out My dh and I decided not to go the IVF route because of our beliefs. Plus my dh has total faith in God that He will do with us what He wants when He wants that my dh is content to sit back and enjoy the show (personally I think he's hoping that I'll be another Sarah and have a child at 90 :lol: My dh does believe in taking care of one's self so he has been supportive with trying these non-invasive procedures for overall health. I still regret my decision to go for the lap surgery because I didn't do it out of faith but out of fear. My dh didn't want me to but definitely didn't want to stand in the way of a VERY determined woman. Since then I've been trying to be content with all the blessings I have.

I'm so glad I can share information with you ladies. I've learned so much through this struggle that sharing the information begins to redeem the struggle. Everytime I learned something new, like the fact that you are not supposed to pass clots and that your cycle should be a bright red/deep pink I felt like someone should have told me! This is the kind of stuff that should be talked about in sex ed, etc. Now I can't tell you how happy and eager I am to pass it on.
    Very thankful

tangytic is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that it didn't help out. Has anything that you've tried helped?
    [/b]
    No. I stopped eating meat, tried acupuncture as well. With the acupuncture I seemed to have temporary relief (like when I was getting the treatment). Next day it was the same bleeding again. I am on a medication designed to temporarily shrink the fibroids. The goal is to have the surgery (myomectomy) to remove them.

I have endo. I had surgery which then increased my pain (but got rid of some of the in between spotting I was doing). I then went to Clear Passages and got seriously worked on for a week. That REALLY helped my pain. All my surgery pain was gone, I just still had the lower back pain that I've always had. I did acupuncture w/ herbs for about 6 months. That got rid of more of my spotting and almost the rest of my pain. I'm so glad you mentioned this herb here because I have been trying to conceive for years and this might help if it continues to cut down on my endo.
    [/b]
    This is very interesting. How long were you having pain after your surgery and how did you know that you had adhesions? How were your fibroids removed?
    http://chicagoist.com/attachments/ch...5_11_obama.jpg[img]

The only Hope I have to help me deal with all this drama is, this year in November, I'll be cheering for OBAMA! - Mary J & Big Boi

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very interesting. How long were you having pain after your surgery and how did you know that you had adhesions? How were your fibroids removed?
    [/b]
    I had laprascopic surgery to check out my fallopian tubes as I had had an ectopic pregnancy a year before then. While he was at it, he found and cleared out some mild endometriosis as well as an ovarian cyst. My two fibroids had previously been diagnosed but the doctors said they were not located in a problematic area since they were at the bottom of my uterus. They said they were not the culprit in my infertility and that I should leave them alone. So I never have had surgery on my fibroids to remove them. (My sister did, they removed most of them but I think she has one or two small ones left).

After my laprascopic surgery I had greatly increased pain during my period. Before then I always had pain in my lower back but oddly enough never in my abdomen. After this surgery I had terrible pain. I had the worst periods I have had in my life. So I had these periods from November to the following July when I went in to Clear Passages. If you check out the website or order info from them (it's free) then you'll learn what adhesions can occur with most procedures even if those procedures are supposed to help heal you like the lap I had done. Having my organs adhered together by this scar tissue was causing the increase in pain. Also adhered organs can also cause infertility because the organs can't move correctly or have things move through them correctly. i.e. one might have adhesions caused by scarring from a long ago std or ectopic pregnancy. Because of this their fallopian tubes may be closed off. Usually the medical field says there is not much that can be done and they hope your other tube is working well. If both are scared they usually suggest IVF. With this procedure they are actually able to open up the tubes (not to mention loosen up any other adhesions). With my case I was very blessed and actually didn't have adhesions due to my ectopic pregnancy. My tubes have fortunately remained open (which is very rare because most of the time with an ectopic you actually loose the tube the baby was lodged in). But I had adhesions due to my laprascopic surgery, hence the huge increase in pain.

I didn't actually know that I had adhesions, I just knew that I had horrible pain and that I was not getting pregnant. After looking for solutions on the internet I found Clear Passages. I called for the free package and was convinced it was worth a try. What also helped was that at the time they only had four locations and I was flabbergasted to find that one of them was in my "fly-over" state. My dh who has a degree in engineering and science (with much of his family being in the medical field) checked out the information and the dvd with me. He and his family have never put all their trust in the medical field despite there being so many in the medical/science fields because he realizes that the foundation of western science is evolution (which we never have agreed with). So he actually thought this process made a lot of sense.

I don't regret going, even if I don't have a baby, because my horrible abdominal pain is gone, and hasn't come back ever. Also it was what started me on the more healthful journey.

Sorry so long.
    Very thankful

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tmichelle, I totally understand and agree w/where you're coming from, because we've been through much of the same. I had the laparoscopy, because I allowed doctors who did not care about me convince me that it'd be a quick fix. I don't think that was truly God's will, but I know He allowed me to go through it to completely understand that He is the Great Physician. I was also raised not to put all of my faith in Western Medicine, but after 5 years of trying, my faith got low, and I was ready to do whatever it took. Only to find out that it didn't matter what I did, He was still in control.

I know am more interested in living the healthy life that He has called me to live, and if He chooses to bless us w/a child from my womb, then I will accept it gratefully. But, no longer will my entire life be centered around it. I am now just trying to take care of my temple, and focus on overall wellness, not quick fixes.
    After the surgery, I felt better (my pain has always been horrible), but when it came back, it came back w/a vengance! Those 3-4 pain free months were not worth what I go through now. If I could just get to the point where there is no pain w/each cycle, I will be more than content. Like you said, I was shocked to find out that not everyone had clotting, spotting, or dark periods. I never discussed periods w/other people ( I just knew that no one seemed to understand the pain that I go through, or they thought I exaggerated), so I didn't know what other peoples periods were like. When my herbalist/accupuncturist told me what to look for as far as clues that I was getting better, I almost fell through the floor. I didn't know it was possible to have periods that were only a minor inconvenience, and not a bed-ridden, fetal position, shut the door and just let me die scenario.
    www.public.fotki.com/mrssmif (copy & paste)
    *updated Spring 2010*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a little off the topic: I've also been researching (on the net and books) and using aromatherapy recipes for fibroids, just this past month. These are the two recipes that have mixed/used so far.

FIBROID OIL #1
    2 TBS almond oil
    5 drops of clary sage
    5 drops of spearmint
    10 drops of geranium
    5 drops of bergamot
    3 drops of clove
    2 drops of frankincense

FIBROID OIL #2
    2 ozs of almond oil
    10 drops of ginger
    10 drops of rose
    1/2 tsp of vitamin E oil

One thing I did notice when my cycle was on and I was rubbing these oils on my lower abdomen, lower back and breasts my cycle was extended by about 3 or 4 days. Not heavy, just a little something. So I know, for me, I can't use the oil next time during my cycle to avoid that happening. I will wait a few days after it's completely over to start back using the oil.

From my research I've basically read that the above essential oils are good for fibroids. There was a testimony about using frankincense to reduce fibroids on this site (you need to scroll down a little bit to see the testimony) : http://www.namiscc.org/Recovery/2003/Sprin...ForRecovery.htm

I didn't buy the brand mentioned in the site because I think it's some type of blend and I wanted to mix my own so I knew exactly what was in it. Just my preference.

If you want to do some research, just google "essentials+oils+fibroids", "aromatherapy+fibroids" or any other similar combination of words.

Well, I'm all about sharing and helping others when I find out or use natural means for helping fibroids. Have any of you used essential oils in your journey?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast