Thread: Fibrovan

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found out that I have fibroids. My doctor wants me to take Zovia(birth control pills) to see if the fibroids are the reason my flow is so heavy (like the freaking Nile river). But I read that the hormones in birth control pills can make the fibroids bigger. Has this happened to any of you? I really don't believe in birth control pills, something ain't right about artificial hormones. So, what would or did you do?

You can be powerful or pitiful, but not both. Joyce Meyer

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found out that I have fibroids. My doctor wants me to take Zovia(birth control pills) to see if the fibroids are the reason my flow is so heavy (like the freaking Nile river). But I read that the hormones in birth control pills can make the fibroids bigger. Has this happened to any of you? I really don't believe in birth control pills, something ain't right about artificial hormones. So, what would or did you do?
    [/b]
    I was on birth control pills maybe 5 or 6 months and that was about 14 years ago, when I first got married, as a contraceptive.

But since you have a strong opinion about artificial hormones, I believe you should do research on natural alternatives and stay as natural as you can along with watching what you eat. Maybe you should monitor your intake of dairy, sugar, beef ,etc. and see if it helps by laying off some of those foods.

I researched and prayed about fibrovan. I received my fibrovan on Apr 5 and I started taking them the next day. Lord's willing, I plan on taking them the full 4 months (I bought 3 bottles) and monitor my progress. I'm believing and expecting good results.

I wish you all the best.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tmichelle, I totally understand and agree w/where you're coming from, because we've been through much of the same. I had the laparoscopy, because I allowed doctors who did not care about me convince me that it'd be a quick fix. I don't think that was truly God's will, but I know He allowed me to go through it to completely understand that He is the Great Physician. I was also raised not to put all of my faith in Western Medicine, but after 5 years of trying, my faith got low, and I was ready to do whatever it took. Only to find out that it didn't matter what I did, He was still in control.

I know am more interested in living the healthy life that He has called me to live, and if He chooses to bless us w/a child from my womb, then I will accept it gratefully. But, no longer will my entire life be centered around it. I am now just trying to take care of my temple, and focus on overall wellness, not quick fixes.
    After the surgery, I felt better (my pain has always been horrible), but when it came back, it came back w/a vengance! Those 3-4 pain free months were not worth what I go through now. If I could just get to the point where there is no pain w/each cycle, I will be more than content. Like you said, I was shocked to find out that not everyone had clotting, spotting, or dark periods. I never discussed periods w/other people ( I just knew that no one seemed to understand the pain that I go through, or they thought I exaggerated), so I didn't know what other peoples periods were like. When my herbalist/accupuncturist told me what to look for as far as clues that I was getting better, I almost fell through the floor. I didn't know it was possible to have periods that were only a minor inconvenience, and not a bed-ridden, fetal position, shut the door and just let me die scenario.
    [/b]
    Sorry I haven't responded until now. I have just checked back on this thread. You are SOOO right, God is the Great Physician. I too realized that I could go through all the procedures modern medicine has to offer and I still wouldn't get what I desired unless God allowed it. How similar our stories are.

(Sometimes you just wish you could touch the hem of Christ's garment)

I was on birth control pills maybe 5 or 6 months and that was about 14 years ago, when I first got married, as a contraceptive.

But since you have a strong opinion about artificial hormones, I believe you should do research on natural alternatives and stay as natural as you can along with watching what you eat. Maybe you should monitor your intake of dairy, sugar, beef ,etc. and see if it helps by laying off some of those foods.

I researched and prayed about fibrovan. I received my fibrovan on Apr 5 and I started taking them the next day. Lord's willing, I plan on taking them the full 4 months (I bought 3 bottles) and monitor my progress. I'm believing and expecting good results.

I wish you all the best.
    [/b]
    I too think you should research other remedies and of course pray about it My mother-in-law who is a nurse emphatically told me that birth control pills were completely safe. I don't believe it. My cycle degraded after taking them. I had a perfect cycle with minimal pain. After 5 or so years on the pill, when I went off, I had spotting for up to 9 days!!! Also if you use it at all for bcp it works in several ways, the final being that it creats a hostile environment in your uterous so that a fertilized egg can not implant. I never knew this until I heard it on a Catholic radio program of all things and then went off to do the research for myself. When I found that it was true, that was it for me and bcp because my dh and I believe life begins at conception.

Anyway, whatever decision you make, make an informed one. Even if you do choose to go the route suggested by your doctor, make sure you have researched others as well.

Good luck!
    Very thankful

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Sometimes you just wish you could touch the hem of Christ's garment)

[/b]

Whew, girl if you only knew! (Well I guess you do :lol: ), but that is my exact thought on the matter, and I have prayed that exact prayer and told myself that repeatedly. If I can just touch it, I know I'll be made whole...

God Bless.
    www.public.fotki.com/mrssmif (copy & paste)
    *updated Spring 2010*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]

I can totally relate to the bolded part. I didn't know that I had a fibroid, until my periods started getting heavier and longer with excruiating pain. My doc first suggested birth control and I took the low dosage. My fibroid increased in size AND I bled for almost six weeks. This contributed to severe anemia, fainting spells (which I've never had before) and a trip to the hospital for a blood transfusion.

I don't care if they're giving them away, I'm never taking those artificial hormones again. At this point, only God alone knows if I'll ever have a baby and I'm beginning to prepare for life with or without one. However, I'm not using birth control to help me decide when pregnancy should or should not happen and I'm dang sure not using them to alleviate pain or help with my fibroid.

My old ob gave me some non hormonal anti-inflammatory pills used for regular pain management (Ponstan Forte) and those are my lifesavers right now (plus the grace and help of God). The dosage is usually three per day, but God has been extremely good and phenomenally gracious in that I only take one a day and my period is better than it was in high school -- on time and well behaved. :lol:

My old routine with my period is that I'm praying for death because the pain was unbearable even with a high pain threshold. I'd usually take off from work for at least two days, but since I've started taking those painkillers, eating well, minimising stress and getting assistance from God, for the past two or three cycles my period begun and I didn't know. It started yesterday and I didn't even realize it. Today, I'm at working typing this extremely long response --- :lol: --- just to say ---STAY AWAY FROM THEM PILLS FROM THE DEVIL. BIRTH CONTROL SHOULD BE PUT TO DEATH. :lol:
    Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
    ~Judy Garland~
    Back to Loose Hair: March 2013
    My DreadLoc Story: Updates 9.22.2010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whew, girl if you only knew! (Well I guess you do :lol: ), but that is my exact thought on the matter, and I have prayed that exact prayer and told myself that repeatedly. If I can just touch it, I know I'll be made whole...

God Bless.
    [/b]
    I have thought that for years The other night, my friend insisted I listen to a fairly new song about touching the hem of His garment from one of the popular women singers. Of course I cried. She then wanted me to listen to her sing a lullaby for her children. After being pushed to, I stopped and handed her back the earphones. I am doing so well, thanks entirely to the Lord, so I don't want to bog myself down with sadness for no reason.

I can totally relate to the bolded part. I didn't know that I had a fibroid, until my periods started getting heavier and longer with excruiating pain. My doc first suggested birth control and I took the low dosage. My fibroid increased in size AND I bled for almost six weeks. This contributed to severe anemia, fainting spells (which I've never had before) and a trip to the hospital for a blood transfusion.

I don't care if they're giving them away, I'm never taking those artificial hormones again. At this point, only God alone knows if I'll ever have a baby and I'm beginning to prepare for life with or without one. However, I'm not using birth control to help me decide when pregnancy should or should not happen and I'm dang sure not using them to alleviate pain or help with my fibroid.

My old ob gave me some non hormonal anti-inflammatory pills used for regular pain management (Ponstan Forte) and those are my lifesavers right now (plus the grace and help of God). The dosage is usually three per day, but God has been extremely good and phenomenally gracious in that I only take one a day and my period is better than it was in high school -- on time and well behaved. :lol:

My old routine with my period is that I'm praying for death because the pain was unbearable even with a high pain threshold. I'd usually take off from work for at least two days, but since I've started taking those painkillers, eating well, minimising stress and getting assistance from God, for the past two or three cycles my period begun and I didn't know. It started yesterday and I didn't even realize it. Today, I'm at working typing this extremely long response --- :lol: --- just to say ---STAY AWAY FROM THEM PILLS FROM THE DEVIL. BIRTH CONTROL SHOULD BE PUT TO DEATH. :lol:
    [/b]
    I'm so happy things are going well for you. I couldn't agree with you more. Will you be trying the Fibrovan? If so, let us know how it works for you. I'm going to be starting mine as soon as my period arrives. In order to tell how well it works I'd have to go for an ultra sound to see if my fibroids disappeared (although apparently more of my problem is endo). Best wishes to you and God bless!
    Very thankful

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's been almost 4 weeks since I started taking Fibrovan. I've started on my second bottle. I started at the end of my cycle for March with no problems. But my cycle for April came on 9 days early with little warning. I was in excruciating pain from day 1. It lasted for 9 days with some level of pain/discomfort every single day. I had read on a forum that while taking Fibrovan it's best to take non-ibuprofen pain meds. I usually take Motrin with great results but I switched to Tylenol since the Fibrovan. For all the good the Tylenol did for me, I might as well had been eating skittles. Barely any pain relief. Most of the pain/discomfort was on my left side where I know I have a large fibroid and friends. I was so tempted to stop taking them or at least slow down but my husband encouraged me to keep taking the 2 pills twice a day. I'm glad I did.

The flow wasn't abnormally heavy for me. It did start tapering off around day 7. But completely off on day 10.

Even in all the pain, I begin to realize that it was doing something great for my body. I can truly see that my stomach has gone down in the month that I have been taking Fibrovan.

I thank God for it. I had an ultrasound in November 2006 with many fibroids. So I look forward to seeing what great things an ultrasound in 6 months will reveal.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have thought that for years The other night, my friend insisted I listen to a fairly new song about touching the hem of His garment from one of the popular women singers. Of course I cried. [/b]
    OH MY GOODNESS, I heard that song for the first time about 3-4 weeks ago, and I cried too! They play it on the gospel radio station here, and I can never listen to the whole song w/o crying. I thought it was just me, lol. I was coming here to tell you about it, and you had posted saying the same thing! I know my husband is probably like "what the...?" but, you have to truly live it to understand how that woman must have felt.
    Are you still taking the Fibrovan???

wdwalw: thanks for sharing your experience. I'm done w/my herbal meds, and considering going back to Fibrovan since I can't afford the herbs again for a while. I had the best period of my life last cycle, while on the herbal meds, and then I ran out early this cycle, and it was right back to normal (pain, clotting, etc.), and I'm like on my 10th day now and still spotting. I'm not sure what to do. Go back to fibrovan and stick it out for a few months, pray, and see what happens? I need to get back over to that fibrovan forum and see what they're talking about.
    Keep us posted...
    www.public.fotki.com/mrssmif (copy & paste)
    *updated Spring 2010*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wdwalw: thanks for sharing your experience. I'm done w/my herbal meds, and considering going back to Fibrovan since I can't afford the herbs again for a while. I had the best period of my life last cycle, while on the herbal meds, and then I ran out early this cycle, and it was right back to normal (pain, clotting, etc.), and I'm like on my 10th day now and still spotting. I'm not sure what to do. Go back to fibrovan and stick it out for a few months, pray, and see what happens? I need to get back over to that fibrovan forum and see what they're talking about.
    Keep us posted...
    [/b]

I will definitely keep you posted. Whatever choice you make, let us know how it's going.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will definitely keep you posted. Whatever choice you make, let us know how it's going.
    [/b]
    Ladies I ordered one bottle today. I went to ob-gyn and the first thing she started talking about was getting on birth control or depo shots to decrease the bleeding each month because i am anemic. I think that is pointless because that does not eliminate the root cause---the fibroid. It is obvious when doctors get irritated that their patients are more well versed than they are. She clearly did not understand my point--no additional hormones, isn't that why i am this situation now.

please continue to post your updates and as soon as i get my supply i will post also
    <<<been here since 2003>>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast