Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dyed my hair reddish brown about a year ago with Garnier 100% color but it dried my hair out. Its almost gone except for about an inch or two on the tips. (my avatar photo is from last July so my hairs grown a lot since then!) I want it black but Im tired of buying the storebought dyes and having them fade. So I got my henna and my indigo and Im ready to dye my hair black. Anyone go through this process before? I know plenty of people use henna but what about indigo?
    Last fire cream December 3, 2004
    BC January 14, 2006

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Yeah, that's popularly referred to as "Black Henna". You can read more about it here Henna Info. If you buy it premixed, you just have to be sure you're getting the real thing (which it goes into on that page). I've known folks who've used it with good result.

- Tania :afro:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

henna is very messy and hard to get out your hair. It smells like spinach and the smell last for days even after a harsh shampoo.
    Niani P.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

henna is very messy and hard to get out your hair. It smells like spinach and the smell last for days even after a harsh shampoo.
    [/b]

Totally disagree with everything said above. I use bodyart quality henna and indigo approx. every 6 weeks and have never found the application to be too messy, or the henna/indigo too difficult to rinse from my hair; the aroma, to me, is like fresh cut grass. Please check hennaforhair.com and/or mehandi.com for tons of info re ratios, recipes for various coloring, and site is a reliable source of quality bodyart quality henna, indigo, etc.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally disagree with everything said above. I use bodyart quality henna and indigo approx. every 6 weeks and have never found the application to be too messy, or the henna/indigo too difficult to rinse from my hair; the aroma, to me, is like fresh cut grass. Please check hennaforhair.com and/or mehandi.com for tons of info re ratios, recipes for various coloring, and site is a reliable source of quality bodyart quality henna, indigo, etc.
    [/b]
    I must co-sign with this too.....

I use the products from mehandi.com and never had a problem with either the products or the service.

I'm a hennaholic..(every two weeks) :blush:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also gonna do the Henna/Indigo but I am getting my from Mehandi because I hear such good things, I had Henna before and it was great never had a problem with it.
    Transitioning- 06/2010
    Starting Length: 2 Inches Of Texturized Hair
    Goal- To Stay Natural!!