Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't plan to be a SAHM, it just happened that way and I am glad it did. I like being hope with my kids during their early years.
    BC: Spring 2000

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a SAHM was the very last thing on my mind, but it made more sense financially for me to do that. Nearly four years later, I'm now a homeschooling SAHM, lol. Strange what happens when you loosen up a bit!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm homeschooling too! It was such a natural progression for me.
    Where there's a will, there's a way (my blog about living naturally and simply, mothering, and homemaking)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't plan on staying home either but when I was 3 months pregnant I lost my job and couldn't find another one. Best thing that ever happened. It's taken some getting used to though.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great thread! I can't believe I missed it earlier.

I'm an older stay-at-home-mom. The decision was made for me when I got laid off, then got pregnant before securing permanent employment. My husband told me not to worry about working, so I didn't. Fortunately, we knew my lay-off was coming, so we had started living off of his check and banking mine.

Being able to stay at home was a real blessing because my son had a few issues and I was able to devote my full time to getting him the help he needed.

7 years later, my son is happy and healthy and in school full time. I'm still at home. I have no regrets. Maybe it's because I was over 40 when I got pregnant and had already done the "career woman" thing. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything or had to sacrifice my career for motherhood. I'd held down a job since I was 12, and I was so OVER working a 9-to-5. And I still am. LOL!!!

Now I'm going to the next phase and taking steps to start working on a longtime dream of mine. Meanwhile, I've secured a part-time work at home gig to save up some money while I make my dream happen.
    ~Love the hair you have~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MommieDearest View Post

I don't feel like I've missed out on anything or had to sacrifice my career for motherhood. I'd held down a job since I was 12, and I was so OVER working a 9-to-5. And I still am. LOL!!!

Now I'm going to the next phase and taking steps to start working on a longtime dream of mine. Meanwhile, I've secured a part-time work at home gig to save up some money while I make my dream happen.
    That's cool. I kind of feel the same way. I worked for 7 or so years in my profession of choice and now I am in a different phase of my life where I am devoting that time to taking care of my kids; and I know I am simply lucky to be able to do this. I am doing a little bit of writing on the side, but it's mostly to keep my chops fresh (because it certainly ain't the pay, lol). When my youngest is 3+, I plan to devote more time to PT writing that will actually be lucrative.
    BC: Spring 2000

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closed thread.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789