Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Ok...so I should have asked this question before I clicked "confirm order" for Jamaican Black Castor Oil from http://www.sams247.com/SearchResult.aspx ...but I am asking it now:

For those of you have have used both versions of Castor Oil, did you notice a real difference in how your hair responds?

I love castor oil..but I wanted to know if the Jamaican Black Castor Oil will make my hair feel any softer or help stimulate growth even better!! :unsure:

Here is what the site says about Jamaican Black Castor Oil:

Castor Oil is an ancient remedy that has been used throughout history for a variety of ailments. Over 500 years ago, slaves brought the seeds from Africa to Jamaica, where the extracted oil is still made the traditional way by many older folks. Tropic Isle is proud to continue that tradition with our Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

Many manufacturers use refined Castor Oil from South America and Asia and then add coloring to darken the oil and label the finished product as "Black Castor Oil." Others add a tip of Jamaican Black Castor Oil to the mixture and call it "Jamaican Black Castor Oil." Raw, unrefined Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a rare commodity. It is only a hand full of elderly Jamaicans who still engage in the art of producing raw, unrefined Jamaican Black Castor Oil. That is why it is not available on a large scale. Our Tropic Isle brand is real, 100%, made-in-Jamaica, Jamaican Black Castor Oil. You can tell by the smell.
    Castor Oil for Hair and Scalp Conditions:

Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil is known to cleanse toxins from the scalp, nourish and thicken the hair, stimulate hair growth, moisturize dry brittle hair, repair split ends, and give hair body and bounce.
    Older Jamaicans will tell you that Jamaican Black Castor Oil can be massaged into the skin to help eliminate the wastes and toxins that manifest as eczema, pamplona, liver spots, moles, warts, pimples, rashes and more. Use Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil for dry skin and stretch marks.
    Castor Oil for Arthritis, Rheumatism and Muscular Aches and Pain:
    Massage joints and muscles with Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil to cleanse, sooth, and improve circulation to areas affected by arthritis, rheumatism, joint stiffness, and muscular aches and pain.
    Jamaican Black Castor Oil is traditionally used by women to help expel afterbirth wastes, thus helping to reduce stomach size after pregnancy. Older folks traditionally recommended the use of castor oil to induce labor during pregnancy. However, because large doses of castor oil can be lethal, we do not recommend using it to induce labor or expelling afterbirth waste without consulting a competent medical practitioner.
    <div align="center">[b] [color=#FF99FF]L[/color][color=#CC66CC]U[/color][color=#993399]V [/color] [color=#FF99FF]M[/color][color=#CC33CC]Y[/color] [color=#FF99FF]L[/color][color=#CC66CC]O[/color][color=#CC33CC]C[/color][color=#993399]S[/color][color=#FF99FF]!![/color]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/NappyRina/"]http://public.fotki.com/NappyRina/[/url][/b]</div>

Dreamyb Guest

i&#39;m curious as well as to how much of a difference there is between black castor oil and the other kind.

while reading what you posted i was led to believe that the black stuff is better BUT i also understand that they are trying to sell their products so...

hopefully someone comes through to share their experiences with both types of castor oil

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably not gonna help much, but
    When I was a kid, my mom used Jamaican Black Castor Oil in my nappy hair to make it softer and more manageable for her I guess.
    I know it smells kinda weird but I LOVE THE SMELL...i guess cause I just got so used to it when i was little.

BUT that&#39;s the only pure castor oil I have used so...I can&#39;t help you with the comparison. Sorry.

I hope to get some castor oil and start using it in my hair again one of these days.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I hope someone can post their experiences w/ both versions to determine if it&#39;s worth paying more for the Jamaican Black Castor Oil...

:unsure:
    <div align="center">[b] [color=#FF99FF]L[/color][color=#CC66CC]U[/color][color=#993399]V [/color] [color=#FF99FF]M[/color][color=#CC33CC]Y[/color] [color=#FF99FF]L[/color][color=#CC66CC]O[/color][color=#CC33CC]C[/color][color=#993399]S[/color][color=#FF99FF]!![/color]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/NappyRina/"]http://public.fotki.com/NappyRina/[/url][/b]</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve used both and I do think the black version makes your hair much more soft...I like to use it on my ends and mix it with conditioner. For daily use and sealing in moisturisers I use clear castor oil, to be honest while I prefer black castor oil I&#39;m not sure if I&#39;ll bother order it online (I got my froma relative), so i may just use the clear version when it runs out.

I hope my long ramble helped somehow!
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/SweetCocoa/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ms_Ebony..thanks for your reply!

I just received my order of Jamaican Black Castor Oil yesterday & of course, I had to use it immediately! I co-washed my hair & then applied my leave-in...I used the castor oil to do twists all over...my hair is still very soft!

I must say so far, I like the Jamaican Black Castor Oil better than the regular castor oil..it is less sticky & gooey than the regular oil but it moisturizes VERY well..it seems to soak into my hair better!!

I e-mailed the company about the ingredients since they do not list them on the bottle or the website...I was worried that there might be some added ingredients that I am trying to avoid such as mineral oil, etc...I got a response stating: " the castor oil has no listed ingredient(s) because it is 100% pure castor beans and water to liquefy the mixture. You have no need to worry about any other ingredient that you shouldn&#39;t be using."

Being that the Jamaican black castor oil is more expensive than the regular I too plan to use this oil more sparingly than the regular castor oil

I still wonder if the Jamaican Black Castor Oil is better at stimulating hair growth? :unsure:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m glad you liked it, I would say the Jamaican version is better for promoting growth and your right the clear version is so sticky in comparision (I usually use it mixed with oils so I never noticed); I did an experiment today using both oils on separate part of my hair and I WILL be ordering the Jamaican one online when I run out!
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/SweetCocoa/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the site. I will be ordering soon as well.
    Natural Hair is beautiful no matter the texture!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am loving castor oil but never used the the black one. I will have to try this. Thanks for the info!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP. I will be ordering the Jamaican Black Castor Oil when I run out. Here&#39;s the site for Sam&#39;s Caribbean and yes they have Paypal. YEAHHHHHH!!!!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast